• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

Still haven't been able to get a quote from this thing. Someone must have a suggestion of some kind even if it is "oh well, too bad for you!" LOL! Seriously, I must have something wrong since so many others are using this just fine. MS2 2.2, the only shipping module I have installes is UPS Choice. Is it the "choice" mod maybe? Just talking to myself, since I have noone else to bounce things around with. Oh well, Craig.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig;

I haven't used UPS Choice, so I don't know if that's the problem. I do have the stock UPS, USPS Methods 2.7, stock Flat Rate, Per Item, Table Rate and Zone Rates all installed in my test 2.2MS2 and the Ship In Cart is showing rates just fine. I am using SIC v1.7, since I haven't yet gotten around to trying the newer versions yet.

You might try uninstalling UPS Choice and install the stock Table or Flat Rate modules to see if you get anything that way. If not, I would then uninstall the version of SIC that you have installed and move back a couple of versions to see if that works (or do a compare to see if you can spot any differences that might be causing the problem)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Appreciate the input Stuart, I will try installing the other modules and see if that is the issue, Craig. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig;

Just noticed a couple of things - I don't know if they have anything to do with the ShipInCart not showing...

1) When I add an item to cart in your store, the item is added, but I remain on that item's page. In mine, when an item is added, I am taken to the shopping cart page, at which point I see the shipping options that are available to me.

2) On the shopping cart page, there is a comment in front of a closing phptag which is causing "//?>" to print at the top of the center column

3) I had to refresh the page to "view source", which is kinda unusual behavior

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

Another thing just occured to me...

I seem to recall seeing something in this thread about the form tags in re: not being able to nest forms. In looking at my code in shopping_cart.php, I have a form tag being closed just before I call the shipping estimator

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>

? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>

? ? ? ? ?</tr>

? ? ? ?</table></td>

? ? ?</tr>

</form><tr>

<td><br><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping_estimator.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

?} else {

?>

? ? ?<tr>

? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>

Edited by mugitty

Thanks tons Stuart. I checked my code again and found where the "//?>" was. I have the cart updating without showing every time one adds an item to it. l did get a quote AFTER I logged in. So now I know that it should work with the UPS chioce mod, I just have to figure out why it won't call to the shipping module without being logged in. I do not have the code to prevent this, the "SID" fix, so it should work. I'm not sure about the "page source", but I did not have to refresh to see the source AFTER I got rid of the slasshes. What browser are you using? I have gotten into such the habit of using Firefox and often forget to test IE or Netscape. I appreciate your effort Stuart, I owe you one. Hopefully, I can figure it out soon, I am a new business online and traffic has begun to pickup, so I need to offer my cusotmers as much "ease of use" as I can. This has been good for me, traffic takes a while to build, so I have been able to get most of the major kinks worked out before I had much real activity, still more to do obviously. Thanks again and if you think of anything else, with this mod or anything about my site, let me know. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig;

I'm using IE6 for a browser.

Which version of ShipInCart do you have installed? Perhaps there's something that's been done between versions that's causing you to need to be logged in. Also, it threw me initially that the newer versions don't pre-populate the store zip code like the original version did, so until you enter a zip code, none of the UPS or USPS options will show up.

One observation... the recursive count being enabled in your category menu makes for very slow loading on a dialup and probably puts quite a load on your server.

Stuart,

I'm using IE6 for a browser.
I am going to need to test my site more often with IE, been hijacked a couple of times with it and switched to Firefox for the many cool features as well as better security.
Which version of ShipInCart do you have installed?
I have worked with 1.83 and 2.0, I think. The last 2 releases. I don't think either was intended to use the store zipcode, input would be needed from the customer. Since I hope to offer a quote without an account or checking out, that would be okay, if I can get a quote.
the recursive count being enabled
Can you elaborate on this? What exactly is the "recursive" count and how do you turn it off if it is a problem?

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

In Admin -> My Store...

Show Category Counts

Is the feature that shows the quantity of items available per category in your catalog category box.

If set to true, it is querying the database for this info. I'm not sure if it does it on every page load and how much it slows the loading time, but it definitely has some effect on load time and server load.

P.S.

Just added an item to cart on your site and went to the shopping cart page...

There is still a closing php tag showing at the top of your center column, right above "What's In My Cart"

I thought I had it but I guess not. It wasn't there last night, really, it wasn't lol! I will work on that tonight and I will play with the Category Counts and see if it helps. I may try using the dropdown category list and see if that helps as well. Thanks for the input again Stuart, I may have to start paying you as my tester and consultant LOL! :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I got it this time. Restting the counts to false does seem to help the site load faster, I think I still need to do a better job of optimizing my pics, any sugestions on a contrib that handles thumbnailing better than it is now? I will work on it some tonight. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

How are you doing your thumbnails now? I use 2 separate pics: itemA.gif and itemA_t.gif - the thumb is just resized from the large pic with IrfanView usually (any good editor could do the job) and you have a lot of latitude with file size through playing with the quality of the picture.

Did you ever get ShipInCart working right?

I am just using whatever the default thumbnailer that is aready installed with the MS2 2.2 release. How do you specify which pic is for which spot in catalog? I had been creating my own thumbs but I couldn't work out how to still have a larger pic for the "view larger image" pic. I think I saw a contrib that claimed to do this but I have not had time to check it out yet. I may need to drop a few other things to deal with my loading speed issue, and the ship in cart problem. No it still isn't working unless the customer is logged in. I don't have it in "shopping_cart.php" for now since it seems broken when you try to use it without logging in. I have a test site I am using to test. Any other ideas why ship in cart won't work? I am looking through the code to see if there is anything I can see that would be a problem, wich me luck. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

The default osC does nothing to resize the total bytes of your pictures. It loads the large version and then resizes to the thumb size, based on the settings that you put into admin. I've never used any contribution other than the big image contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,614

With that contribution, I create 2 images named as I mentioned above, and the thumb gets called for all places where a thumb is used. The big image only gets called if someone looks at the item page and clicks "click to enlarge" (Although in my case I changed it to get rid of click to enlarge and when someone looks at an item page, the only pic they see is the large image). I use 90X90 thumbs and 200X200 large images. Some relative sizes that result from this are (kB):

Pic A: 6.9/19.7 Pic B: 3.2/8.2 Pic C: 2.5/10.4 Pic D: 3.1/13.4

As to Ship In Cart, have you tried backing out all of the changes you made for installing it and tried to re-install the version 1.7 that is the first entry here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781 (dated 11 Jan 2004) and did you check to see that you don't have a nested form situation?

and did you check to see that you don't have a nested form situation?

I probably should know what this means and how to fix it, but I don't, so I have to ask you to explain this to me. I will try installing the older version as well, I don't need a whole lot of features, jsut a ship quote without making my customers sign up or in first. Maybe that will fix it. The images, I am looking into a couple of different possibilities, and I am going to use something, since that is in fact what is slowing my site so much. I had been converitng all my images to smaller and more efficient gif's, but I got a number of comments that the "bigger" image, just wasn't "bigger" enough. So I stopped thmbnling myself. But it have realized that I need to do it. Thanks again, Stuart. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

First, let me say I don't know that this causes a problem, but mine is working and this is how it is set up. Note the closing form tag before the shipping estimator is called

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</form><tr>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>

</tr>

So then no closing "form" tag would leave the form "nested"? I had my code the same way though, so that wasn't the problem. I have not had the chance to install the other version yet but I am going to try that tonight, hopefully, time permitting. Thanks again Stuart, I hope to also have some progress on the MVS this weekend so I will let you know. Wish me luck on this one, it is really starting to %##$$@ me off that I am seemingly the only one who can't get a quote! Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Here is an issue:

When logged in and as a guest in under IExplorer everything works fine.

When logged in under Firefox it returns this error:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/jamra/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 55

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/jamra/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 55

When online as a guest it works fine again.

Weird issue and in general.php it's all fine (original).

By the way. I have noticed that some of you use an older version which does not display a shipping estimate at all if logged in. Mine displays the Username and location automatically under IE, but with the error in Firefox.

Edited by SwissChris

That is strange Christian. I tested with IE and got the same results on my site as I got with Firefox. What version are you using? I have been able to get a quote when logged in with both V1.83 and V2.0 but still have not gotten a quote without logging in with IE or Firefox. I am going to test V1.7 as soon as I get hte time to back out the last version I tried. :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello I have a question for you all. I looked through the old posts and did not find the answer ot this. however, if it is here and I just missed it appologies. So if I am logged in i get the correct rates and every thing for shipping charges. However if i am not logged in and enter the shipping zip and hit update i get blank zone and rate columns. I am using ms 2.2 and version 1.83 of the contribution. Any help would be appriciated.

Donna, I have not used the cart anywhere else, but all you should need to do is add the link from the instructions to the shopping_cart file, no matter where your cart is placed in your shop, the estimator will still show. the code is

</form><tr>

</tr>

In the instructions, it tells you where to put this bit of code. Good luck.

DSM, I am having the same type of problem, I think, and have still not worked it out. I will post it once I do. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

there are so many versions of ship in cart or shipincart I really don't know which one to take. I would like users not logged in to see the shipping costs by choosing their country. Can anybody help me.

Each version seems to be different, some with one file, some with more files.

I tried almost each version but there is always an error or something missing.

Thank you for helping.

Devon