• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

I am trying to figure out how to remove all the shipping options, and only display the lowest priced option, which is ground shipping. (no one is ever going to select overnight to get a drill).

Anyone have an idea on what to comment out, so all the options don't show?

Thanks!

You can comment them out in your coresponding shipping modules. I know in fedex, you can comment out the options in the module like for overnite, etc...

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

ok, it's not totally random. It chooses the cheapest option initially if my cookies have been cleared, with the default shipping address. But once a different address is chosen it doesn't pick the cheapest option and it seems like it's remembering data from the previous customers (on the same computer).

What happens if the address is a pobox? Will it only display usps and not fedex or ups?

Even in the regular shipping, I believe it doesn't distinguish between P.O. Boxes and non P.O. Boxes which is an issue. Another issue is Fedex at Home. Currently the shipping Module Determines this if the customer has entered a company name. This is obviously a problem since, some people enter a Company name but ship it to their home. Which increases the shipping cost.

... it seems like it's remembering data from the previous customers (on the same computer).

The fix for this was included a few pages back on how to clear the cookie which was giving some errors if you were trying to use multiple customer accounts from the same computer without closing the browser. This is the same issue and should be able to be corrected by the same fix. It is not likely to be a problem for your actual customers as they are unlikely to use multiple customer names and logins from the same computer one after another, but just in case I would go ahead and clear/unregister the cookie for them.

This add-on just pulls the same information that your normal shipping module does upon checkout. If you want to change what is displayed or the order you need to change the actual shipping modules such as catalog/included/modules/shipping/ups.php, etc.. Just keep in mind that whatever you change will also be changed in the checkout shipping process as they are both using the same files.

What happens if the address is a pobox? Will it only display usps and not fedex or ups?

Even in the regular shipping, I believe it doesn't distinguish between P.O. Boxes and non P.O. Boxes which is an issue. Another issue is Fedex at Home. Currently the shipping Module Determines this if the customer has entered a company name. This is obviously a problem since, some people enter a Company name but ship it to their home. Which increases the shipping cost.

Thanks for the info.

... it seems like it's remembering data from the previous customers (on the same computer).

The fix for this was included a few pages back on how to clear the cookie which was giving some errors if you were trying to use multiple customer accounts from the same computer without closing the browser. This is the same issue and should be able to be corrected by the same fix. It is not likely to be a problem for your actual customers as they are unlikely to use multiple customer names and logins from the same computer one after another, but just in case I would go ahead and clear/unregister the cookie for them.

This add-on just pulls the same information that your normal shipping module does upon checkout. If you want to change what is displayed or the order you need to change the actual shipping modules such as catalog/included/modules/shipping/ups.php, etc.. Just keep in mind that whatever you change will also be changed in the checkout shipping process as they are both using the same files.

JB: The error not only occurs with multiple users, (that is just an addition to the problem). I've added the unregister, earlier to fix the general.php error line 42.

After I've cleared all cookies.... And logined in as a user.

Initially, it will choose the cheapest shipping option. But when I select a different shipping address from the pull down menu. It seems like it selects one at random(it's probably not truely random, but u get the point). The shipping estimator seems like it doesn't "rechoose" the cheapest.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

I have installed the MS2 version of ShipInCart and just noticed a wierd problem.

When I create a new customer account the ship in cart displays nothing in the estimation area whereas if I log in using an existing customer that has EXACTLY the same data (address etc..) it displays information in the estimation area.

Anyone have this problem?

Dan

Excellent contribution.

I have been watching my site and using the 'Recover Cart' contrib and it seems that I am loosing a few sales as the shipping costs cannot be seen until you create an account. This solves the problem brilliantly.

One problem though... I currently have two shipping methods. One by weight and one which is free for orders over ?75.00. Shipping by weight works fine, and as soon as ?75.00 is reached, free shipping shows too. Great! However, it will not default to the free shipping and if the user clicks select to recalc on free shipping, the screen refreshes, but shipping by weight is still selected and appearing in the total.

Would appreciate some help. Any ideas?

Please ignore my last message. DOH!!!

Just found option for setting free shipping under order totals and now it works fine. For some reason I had downloaded a module to add free shipping as a seperate shipping method over a certain value. This was not getting picked up.

Thanks again and great contrib! :D

bsnrjones wrote:

"I just did the install. Seems to work only it breaks the middle cell in my cart. It forces the width of this cell, and screws up the display.

Any thoughts? "

----------------------

I had this same problem but did not see a posted response. I think I figured it out so I thought I would post here in case any one else has the same issue. The problem is that the middle cell is too wide and extends past the browser in 800 X 600 display mode.

The solution is to modify catalog/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php

Search for "nowrap" (without quotes)

It should be found in two places. I just changed it to "wrap" (without quotes) and now the whole thing fits in the browser just as every other page does. There may be a better solution, I don't know, but this seemed to fix the issue for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed that when a new user adds an item to their cart, the tax & subtotal (inc tax) are added together, so the total has the tax added twice. So the shopping cart price & shipping estimator prices are different. If a user logs in, it works fine & shows the breakdown correctly. Why is it adding the tax to the subtotal when logged out ? :unsure:

Still trying to figure out how to remove all the various pricing options for shipping from the shopping cart page.

I don't want to comment out the options from the UPS.PHP page, as I do want those options once a customer creates an account.

But, for the shopping cart page, I only want to list the lowest price option, which is ground.

There's surely got a way to edit the code on the ship in cart module, so it only displays the ground shipping cost.

I've looked at the code, and tried a few comment outs, but can't seem to get any to work, just get error messages.

What a great mod, thank you to all those involved!

I am running MS2 and there are 2 issues that need highlighting:

1. The install instructions say

go to /catalog/shopping_cart.php

find:

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CART_EMPTY; ?></td>

</tr>

add just above these lines put:

</form><tr>

<td><br><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping_estimator.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

In my version of oscommerce, I had to find the following lines:

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>

</tr>

2. There is a small spelling mistake in the included shipping_estimator.php file!!

The line that reads

define('CART_OT','Total Cost Etimate:');

should read

define('CART_OT','Total Cost Estimate:');

3. I need some help please. I am only shipping to the UK, and therefore dont need anything in the line where the user selects the country, state, zip code and update button. This is all irrelevant to me. How do I get rid of the stuff on this line?

4. Lastly, there is no space between the shipping cost estimator infobox and the total cost infobox. How do I put a space between them?

All this can been seen on my website.

Thanks for the help!!!

Hi all,

Since posting my last message, I spent some time last night modifying this code to get it to work for me. The new version (v1.83) has been uploaded to the contributions section and can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781

Its the same as v1.82, but also includes:

- Fixed some small spelling mistakes

- Ability to switch certain parts on or off via the defines section of shipping_estimator.php. I really needed this as I only ship to one country (UK), there are no states, and the zip code doesnt matter. So, these can all be switched off individually if needed. Whats really needed is an admin interface for this, but thats beyond my skills.

- You can now also decide if you want the item count and weight of the order to show or not.

There are a couple of things that would be nice, if anyone has the time and skill (which I dont!):

- Admin section (as with the functionality as above)

- Seperate the shipping estimator and total order total boxes (mine are right on top of eachother)

Thanks to everyone who wrote and contributed to this contribution - all credit to them!

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this mod and my admin/modules.php?set=shipping is not working. The "fields" or table that should appear to the right after actions is not there. No footer etc.

I installed the next earlier version just to see and I have the same problem. So it appears the file shipping_estimator is breaking something in my install. Everything is fine if I take it out BTW.

Free shipping is installed and works. This is ms2 recent install.

Where do you suggest I look for the problem?

thanks

joe

OK got this great contribution working.

1 problem:

I have the free freight module. It works. Except when I hit update for a US zip code. Then it still shows freight in the Total cost Estimate Box.

The Shipping Estimate: table does show the free freight when it is obtained.

An earlier poster mentions being able to set free freight. I assume he meant in this contribution. I cannot locate this variable. How do I set it?

I did add the fix to logout.php mentioned ealier if that has any bearing here.

Am I wrong in assuming this works with the free freight contribution?

Thanks

joe

Thank a lot for the nice contribution! It works very well.

Only one thing I would like to change - make it as pop up windows with the link from Shopping cart.

Can anybody help me with some advices how to make it?

I use a modified version of this great contribution and it works excellent. Thanks for a good work.

Now I wanted to implement the UPS-XML module and that seems to screw things up. I no longer can select a UPS-XML shipping option, it shows wrong costs and it appears it has something to do with the encoding (where the '_' is added). During checkout, when the shipping option is to be selected, everything works fine, so it must be something with the shipping estimator itself. Any idea or suggestion?

The testshop runs under http://shoptest.laserpointer4u.de/catalog. It is for testing only, so you can play around. Access is granted to user test and password test

rgds