• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an update for this mod? I have been using it with my Nov. loaded snapshot without any problems. I added Airborne Express to my shipping modules and it does not display in the ship in cart mod. Has anyone else had this problem

• 2 weeks later...
FYI..

I had to do the? 2 changes and change line 103 and 106 in shipping_estimator.php from STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP to SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP to get it to not say STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP in the Zip code field when no one was logged in.

Jeff, I changed the two instances of the STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP to

SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP but I still get STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP in the Zip field.

Really perplexing. :blink: Is there anywhere else that need changing?

Edited by Earthkeeper

Is there an update for this mod? I have been using it with my Nov. loaded snapshot without any problems. I added Airborne Express to my shipping modules and it does not display in the ship in cart mod. Has anyone else had this problem

Hi khaaliq

I am sorry that I couldn't help you with your problem. I saw your website and the ship in cart is working.

I have OSC 2.2 of last year, and after I installed the contribution, it is showing nothing, just a blank cell under shipping options.

Can you please send me the /catalog/shopping_cart.php version you are using? I think this is my problem. I am not sure.

My shopping_cart.php version is v 1.63 2002/04/23 21:34:40.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ciz

I got it to work with 2.2 with info found on page 7 of this thread:

Just do this

For those using Ian's Loaded 4

or when you get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_content_type() in /home/wizardsa/public_html/shopping_cart.php on line 18

Open catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and at the end, just before:

} 

?>

put the following function:

function get_content_type() { 

return "mixed"; 

}

Hi crispvx

Thanks for your help. I already did that and I am not getting any errors.

My problem is that in the Shipping Options, it shows nothing (no country drop down menu, no shipping rates, no etc....). I am using ZoneRate, but even if I switch on other shipping methods (for testing the contribution) it still shows nothing. The OT works fine at the end of the Ship In Cart contribution.

This is the reason why I am suspecting that the version of my shopping cart is the problem.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Ciz

• 2 weeks later...

1.7 works with MS1 (so easy)

I am trying to upgrade to MS2 but although I have used the latest version and followed all the advice in the forum I get the same errors as others (and more :rolleyes: ).

STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP just won't go away even though I removed it from the contribution. The recaluation button just calls up a file called _

I might have sorted this out on MS2. The place papas inserted the line into the shopping cart solved most of these issues! We should really post an updated package with instructions for MS2 in the download file. OK, after I have upgraded the rest of my shop..........

Change (in MS1) checkout_shipping.php from:

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) &&  (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

to

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) &&  (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = 'zones_zones';

(above axample set the zones shipping module to be the default)

I am running MS1 and want to install this mod version 1.7. But I have a stupid question the only file listed in 1.7 is shipping_estimator what directory do I upload this too? Is that the only thing I need to go to get this mod working? In version 1 there are 3 or 4 files that need to be altered. DO I need to install version 1 then individually do all the updates listed in each version update?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but this one is really confusing me.

Mike

Please disreguard my previous post, I went a little brain dead for a moment. But I do have a couple of problems I hope someone can help me with.

#1 When I click on "recalculate" I get a page not found error and this is the URL that is listed in the browser http://www.harborsalesonline.net/catalog/_

#2 My Update button won't work now.

Does anyone no what could be wrong?

Mike

So anyone got this working on MS2..

every time i fixed one error i got like another 3 in my face...then finally last night i fixed all error messages, but it still dont work, now it just sit there... then my back button vanished it just drop off the face of the planet ....oddly :blink: :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody help me with the following error messages?

Warning: Missing argument 2 for set() in /home/wholesal/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/session.php on line 61

Here is the function in session.php startig at line 61:

function set($variable, &$value) {

if ($this->is_started == true) {

$_SESSION[$variable] = $value;

return true;

}

return false;

}

And here is the second message I get;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gettaxdescription() in /home/wholesal/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php on line 297

Line 297 from shipping_estimator.php;

$products_tax_description = $osC_Tax->getTaxDescription($products[$i]['tax_class_id'], $order->delivery['country_id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

Thanks,

Mark

One step closer..

I believe I just need to find the set function throughout the shipping_estimator.php and update it. I need a little help on how the function works.

How would I update the following code?

// set session now

$cart_address_id = $sendto;

$osC_Session->set('cart_address_id');

Change to?:

// set session now

$osC_Session->set('cart_address_id', $sendto);

Thanks

It works with MS2 if you make the minor changes Papas suggested a few pages back.

I am using zones. The STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP problem doesn't seem to go away but seems to be a purely cosmetic thing. I haven't tried using the Postcode field as my shipping is independent of Post Code. See it on my site.

Try changing this section:

// first timer
       $cart_country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
       tep_session_register('cart_country_id');
       $cart_zip_code = STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP;
       $country_info = tep_get_countries(STORE_COUNTRY,true);
       tep_session_register('cart_zip_code');
       $order->delivery = array('postcode' => STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP,
                                'country' => array('id' => STORE_COUNTRY, 'title' => $country_info['countries_name'], 'iso_code_2' => $country_info['countries_iso_code_2'], 'iso_code_3' =>  $country_info['countries_iso_code_3']),
                                'country_id' => STORE_COUNTRY,
                                'format_id' => tep_get_address_format_id($HTTP_POST_VARS['country_id']));

To this:

// first timer
       $cart_country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
       tep_session_register('cart_country_id');
       $cart_zip_code = SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP;
       $country_info = tep_get_countries(STORE_COUNTRY,true);
       tep_session_register('cart_zip_code');
       $order->delivery = array(//'postcode' => '',
                                'country' => array('id' => STORE_COUNTRY, 'title' => $country_info['countries_name'], 'iso_code_2' => $country_info['countries_iso_code_2'], 'iso_code_3' =>  $country_info['countries_iso_code_3']),
                                'country_id' => STORE_COUNTRY,
                                'format_id' => tep_get_address_format_id($HTTP_POST_VARS['country_id']));

You can change this line that I commented out:

$order->delivery = array(//'postcode' => '',

To this:

$order->delivery = array(//'postcode' => 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP',

But I saw no reason to fill in the zip box with my own zip code but rather just let the customer fill it in with their own as I have never had a customer from my own zip code. :)

Just uploaded my file that I have been using on MS2. Haven't tested it using every possible scenario, but I know it works with both UPS and FedEx rates. :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781

are there any other files to install that aren't included in your contrib?

i installed it and added an item to my cart. then once i entered my zip code and clicked the update cart button, it wouldn't calculate the shipping. basically it looks like the link that the update button is suppose to go to is not set to anything. i am not php literate, so if someone could help me out, i'd appreciate it.

i'd really like to get this contrib working :D thanks