• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

@@raiwa Thanks Rainer...I'll see if I can find that add on again so we can confirm whether it is the same one Scott was using.  I might be in for a world of hurt but I use an outside email program that works with the coupon module I use or the CCVG add on only so I'm kind of cornered on this.  If I seem a little persistent that's why.  None of my options are very good. 

Dan 

@@Dan Cole,

Yes it's this one.

Full package not updated since 2010, since then 10 patches which are not full packages, 14 core file changes.

Wow and additional fixes for SPPC, Paypal standard, ip and express.

Sorry, not a good example of an add-on.

Now you know why we decided to change to Tsimi's add-on instead to try to find a fix for that one.

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa - what changes would i need to do for it work from within the shopping cart box in BS version?

with selectors for shipping method and payment method as they both can change the outcome of the price

@@boelle,

I never tried this. You'll need to adapt the module for the shopping-cart box. However as boxes do not make too much sense on mobile view, I believe it is not worth.

Maybe better to create a navbar module.

this is not for mobile.... i have converted BS in to a Point Of Sale terminal and want to see orders total in the cart box so i can tell customer in shop what the total is before i place the order

this pos version of BS is just a stripped down version 

example view: http://imgur.com/d4wzv28

but such a module would also be usefull on the normal site as the customer when placing orders from their home.... they can select in advance if they want the order delivered or not... and how then want to pay

but since i'm not a programmer i will live without

Hi,

I just installed this great addon but the display of the estimator on shopping cart is messing up-

It springs up extra tr tags with seperator gifs thereby giving long spaces between tables.

Can you please help me solve the issue- I am using oscommerce 2.3.4

It can be viewed at http://radhavallabh.com/radhakrishna-store/shopping_cart.php

Your help will be deeply appreciated;

Thanks in advance.....

@@radhavallabh,

the add-on shows correct in an unmodified original osc2.3.4 standard store. So the problem you report is due to the customizations of your store. I'm sorry, but it is impossible to fix it without access to your source files and store installation.

Please try to fix it or ask the developer who customized your store for help.

Otherwise you can place a commercial support request:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/tracker/project-6-commercial-support-enquiries/

Kind regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

Thanx fixed that issue;

I am running into another problem i have India as default country

Bbut when I select another country

example United States the State drop down does not refresh

Please help...

Warm regards....

@@radhavallabh,

you need to use the update button to refresh the state menu when the country is changed.

However you may not need to show the state menu if you do not offer different shipping options for different states..

Edited by raiwa

Hi;

@@raiwa

I am running into another problem now;

The Weight of the products does not display in the shipping estimator;

Though I have set it to true in the configuration panel

Your help will be deeply appreciated;

Warm Regards....

@@raiwa  Rainer can you check something for me with the ship in cart module?  I want to know if it is the way the module works or if I have messed something up?

The issue I'm having is that shipping estimate doesn't seem to stay set by default.  I have the store location set as the selected default shipping and when
you first visit the cart it shows up in the order total okay.  If I don't push the update button but chose instead to add a discount coupon the default shipping
doesn't stick...I get the message I'm sorry, there are no shipping options to your address. Please contact us for special shipping arrangements.  

I'm wondering if it is possible to make the default shipping stick unless the customer has chosen to update it?

Dan

Hello Dan @@Dan Cole,

I believe it is the same problem like we discussed already some time ago.

You should try the following:

- take off the "empty holes" in your multi table zone shipping module

or

- fill in a ficticious shipping cost not zero in the unused tables

or

- recode your modification in the cheapest function of the shipping class. Try to use the pickup module name instead of zero cost for the default selection.

Kind regards

Rainer

@@raiwa Thanks for jogging my memory Rainer...I had forgotten about that exchange of notes.  Comes with age I guess...you get a little wiser, have more patience, tolerance etc, but lose your freak'n mind. (w00t)

Dan 

Edited by Dan Cole

Hello Dan @@Dan Cole,

You may also be able to solve it just changing the order fo the shipping modules. Pick up before multi table zone module ;)

Kindest regards

Rainer

@@raiwa

You may also be able to solve it just changing the order fo the shipping modules. Pick up before multi table zone module ;)

Good idea Rainer but unfortunately it didn't help.   I did notice however that it only happens the first time you set a coupon...the shipping totals aren't added but if you then remove the coupon but submitting a not existent one and then add the coupon back again that it continues to work okay...it seems that something isn't set correctly at the start.   I'll play around with it some more.  

Thanks for thinking about me though.  ;)

Dan

Edited by Dan Cole

@@raiwa Rainer I looked at this a little further and have come to the conclusion ( probably wrongly ) that this is a session issue...the session seems to be lost or recreated on the first update.  Seems it's only an issue when you are not logged in though.   

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dan @@Dan Cole,

Sorry for the delay, I was very busy. I had a look on this and tested with different multi table zone module settings and couldn't reproduce the error.

I'm also a bit confused, you say ithappens if you are not logged in, but to use any discount code you need to be logged in, do I miss something?

If you wish you can send me your actual shipping module configuration and again the module files, I'll then have a deeper look with your exact settings.

regards

Rainer

@@raiwa Hi Rainer....don't worry about this...I wasn't really expecting an answer.   And also sorry for the confusion....if I login using the discount code as intended it works just fine.   I was however trying to bypass the login in step so we had a true shopping cart estimator without anyone needing to create an account etc just to see the discount amount..seems counter intuitive to me..I know the discount code requires it since you can limit codes to certain customers but I would gladly give that up to avoid the login in step.  Anyway I wasn't really expecting an answer it was just something I was playing around with.  I've moved on for now but might come back it to at some point...based on the work I did it looked liked the session was being trashed some where along the way.

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hi-

First off, thank you to ALL who helped make this module!

I've installed this on my responsive 2.3.4 Gold website where I offer USPS and UPS shipping. Everything looks good except for the UPS quote details. It is showing the correct number of packages but with 0 weight. The USPS quotes are all correct including the weight. When I disable the ship estimator module, the shipping selections on the checkout_shipping page are complete and correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Betsy

Hello  Betsy @@getflocked,

You posted in the wrong support forum. This one, the "ship in cart module", is not the one you are using in your store "getflocked.com".

Please check in your add-on package for the right support forum or search in the forum.

Kind regards

Rainer

Hi Rainer-

No, currently the live store is using an old version of OSCommerce. I'm working on this new bootstrap version and plan to switch over once it's all working, but it is not available to the public yet.

If you need to see this in action, I can msg you a login.

Betsy