• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

I saw that one before, it was the police stuff site that didn't work.

But I don't think this link is any different then the actual contribution that is now in place? I thought this would show the 'development' version, or should I login to see the country dropdown?

Thanx,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

OK I think I got it now...

y'all have to wait for this we to get to see the country/zip implementation...

Any idea's on showing the order totals in the basket as I've mensioned in this forum before?

To gospelmusicstore...

You don't seem to have any shipping method...

If I follow the checkout, I don't see any shipping methods ...

Check your admin settings if any shipping method is selected.

I do have zones shipping set up in the admin. But, as I said nothing shows up. Yesterday I set 3 different methods to choose from and still nothing shows up.

My contribution doesn't change the checkout_shipping.php page at all and on that page the shipping methods doesn't appear eighter....

I hink their something else wrong with your shipping methods, because otherwise they would be visible in the checkout_shipping.

Can you send me the shopping_cart.php trough private message or email?

The file send was ok.... But as you said, your problem isn't caused by my contribution.

Try searching the general and install forum topics on shipping modules not showing up...

I'm sure you'll find your answer there...

I added a few things to the excellant work done by Edwin in providing such a handy add-on.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1094

This modification places everything in one infobox module file with one peice of code to insert in the shopping_cart.php or where ever you want to display this.

Shows Free Shipping on Virtual Products.

Shows Free Shipping when order $total is set to Free in Admin

Thanks again to Edwin Bekaert for such an excellant add-on!

For those using Ian's Loaded 4

or when you get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_content_type() in /home/wizardsa/public_html/shopping_cart.php on line 18

Open catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and at the end, just before:

} 

?>

put the following function:

function get_content_type() { 

return "mixed"; 

}

Thanx Linda....

Shows Free Shipping when order $total is set to Free in Admin
Ooops... so I forgot the free shipping .... :oops:

I'll check it this weekend...

Seems much easier to install hey...

I only think that the text definitions should be in the language files....

My future shop, if it ever gets finished, will be in dutch, french and english ....

I think the language definitions should be seperated too. I had not had time to do so, so I stuck them in the top of the module.

They can be moved once this is working 100%

I think all the bases are covered, but I am not sure every issue has been addressed yet, so this was just to keep it all simple.

Later, when this is running happily under all conditions they can then be added to their own language file and accessed via an includ in the main laanguage files.

Ok, I see...

So check back after this weekend when I've included the requested changes...

And it would be great if you could comment on my other contributions, because not much feedback is comming in...

Thanx again

If you have the URLs for them, I will try to look at them when I have some free time.

In the middle of Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller updates for MS1 right now ... and break time is over ... :cry:

This looks a great addon, would it be a major job to make functional in older (pre MS1) snapshots.

I tried an install, just in case it worked :) but alas no.

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has managed to get this to work in an odler snapshop.

Great work, very usefull addon

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

Umm, please try to pay attention.

For those using Ian's Loaded 4

or when you get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_content_type() in /home/wizardsa/public_html/shopping_cart.php on line 18

Open catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and at the end, just before:  

} 

?>

put the following function:  

function get_content_type() { 

return "mixed"; 

}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

// shipping cost

require('includes/classes/http_client.php'); // shipping in basket

when was http_client.php introduced, as this file is not used in my setup and causes obvious errors (ie. it don't exist:))

Im not familiar with the loaded snapshots, so not sure when loaded 4 was released, but those errors weren't apparant (yet) with my install.

I do try to pay attention ;)

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

Sorry, ignore the above

Just discovered that is part of the new checkout code (i am way behind here with my old checkout version).

maybe i need to get with the times and upgrade *shudder*

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

Oh, ok, you have really older snapshot then. What is that date on your snapshot?

Sorry about the snappy retort. I didn't mean it to come accross quite that harsh.

You might have considered qualifying your comment though, since loaded 4 is now considered one of the older versions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I use the Oct 31st snapshot (right before the checkout update)

yea i should have given more info, sorry bout that. no offence taken :)

I would consider upgrading, but my site is running nicely at the moment, seems to be stable and is doing all i ask of it - if it aint broke dont fix it i suppose, shame as i will no doubt miss out on some nice contributions. Wish I had the time to read the PHP book i bought so i could adapt them myself :)

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

I faced that very same delima, however, I coped the DB, and called it new_catalog, and installed the new software in a subdirectory off of the main site. That way I was able to work on it a little at a time. It took me about 3 or 4 weeks working on it part time.

Thus far, the rewards have greatly outweighed the imvestment.

maybe i need to get with the times and upgrade *shudder*

Be afraid ... be very afraid ... :shock:

Unless of course you are a glutton for punishment, then you are in for a good time ... 8)

version 1.5 now posted !

Go test it and report your findings!

* Now includes country and zip selection if user isn't logged in.

* formats the adres if user is logged in.

* checks if shipping module doesn't return an error

* highlights the cheapes shipping

The contribution of Hatim Daginawala is NOT included in this package.

The updates of Linda are included.

Language will be seperated once finished...