• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ship In Cart

Hi all,

I've just tried to install this contrib, but I'm not sure I've done it right. Nothing seems to have changed on my site. I've added an item to the cart, but don't see anything different from the stock boxes etc. Nor is there anything under Modules of the admin panel. Should there be?

Anyway, this is what I've done:

The Readme said:

NEW INSTALLATION:

------------------------------------------

1) Unzip to a folder of your choice.

(For upgrading replace the files and copy the new files.)

Copy the files:

catalog/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php

Which I did. Then:

2) go to /catalog/shopping_cart.php

find:

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CART_EMPTY; ?></td>

</tr>

add just above these lines put:

<tr>

<td><br><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'shipping_estimator.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

This is where i think things are going wrong. When looking in the shopping_cart.php the only thing I can find similar to the above is:

<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

As you can see, the code's slightly different. I pasted the above mentioned code above this though, but nothing's happening.

Anyone have advise on what I should be doing?

Cheers,

Loups

Hello I am using this contribution and I am having trouble show quotes to none logged in users. When a customers enters their zip code and hits update it just takes them to a 404 page. If you are logged in it works perfectly. Anyone have any idea of how to fix this or what might be going on?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Im running into a problem with this whenever you hit update or click the type of shipping i get this :

http://lsestore.com/_

Not Found

The requested URL /_ was not found on this server.

any ideas?

I am having the same problems, anyone have a fix or know what's wrong?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed today that it will show my free shipping module if it is over the set amount but it won't show the actual UPS or USPS if you are not logged in. If I hit update after entering in the zip code I get...

Not Found

any ideas?

• 5 weeks later...

how do i get the price of shipping on the cart on every page, e.g the cart box on the left will display the amount without shipping, how do i add shipping cost in this side box?

this will be usefull so the customer does not have to click view my cart button to see the postage.

how do i get the price of shipping on the cart on every page, e.g the cart box on the left will display the amount without shipping, how do i add shipping cost in this side box?

this will be usefull so the customer does not have to click view my cart button to see the postage.

Hello,

Is there any way for the State/Province list to refresh immediately after the country was selected? Right now I need to hit Update for the State/Province list to populate according to the country selected.

Thanks.

I have noticed today that it will show my free shipping module if it is over the set amount but it won't show the actual UPS or USPS if you are not logged in. If I hit update after entering in the zip code I get...

Not Found

any ideas?

I have this exact problem it's very frustrating, can someone look into it? I have the SRS templating contribution installed.

I have this exact problem it's very frustrating, can someone look into it? I have the SRS templating contribution installed.

I read the thread carefully again and went through the install again and got it working woot, it was the pesky </form> I missed when altering shopping_cart.php

Has enyone got this great contibution to work with MVS?

If so, can you pm me the code or better yet post it as a contribution?

thanks

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problem with the shipping estimator.

I have set free shipping for order above US$50. If below US$50, there will be US$10 charge.

I put a US$120 value item into my cart, when not login, it shows US$10 shipping cost. Which is wrong.

When login in, it shows US$0 shipping cost. Which is correct.

Any idea how can I correct this? >_<

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Has enyone got this great contibution to work with MVS?

If so, can you pm me the code or better yet post it as a contribution?

thanks

Just to reiterate Jim's post, I too am looking for this or similar to work with MVS. So any news please let me know :)

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

After browsing these forums for weeks and learning from others posts, I finally come across a problem which I cant find an answer for so here goes:

I've just installed this contribution and it works great if a user is not logged in but as soon as a logged in user goes to checkout, it shows this error between the checkout box and the (now blank) shipping estimator:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 55

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 56

I know very little about PHP so I'm hoping this is something simple.

Thanks,

Jason.

After browsing these forums for weeks and learning from others posts, I finally come across a problem which I cant find an answer for so here goes:

I've just installed this contribution and it works great if a user is not logged in but as soon as a logged in user goes to checkout, it shows this error between the checkout box and the (now blank) shipping estimator:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 55

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 56

I know very little about PHP so I'm hoping this is something simple.

Thanks,

Jason.

Whoops, I forgot to post the relevant lines of code:

reset($this->modules);
	  while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

Thanks,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I've just installed this contribution,Ship In Cart v2.2.1 and it is working.

But when I log in, 'Products Quantity' shows '1' though nothing is in my basket.

I tried to find from which table this number '1' appear or in which file the code is written, but I couldn't solve.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone using this in combination with google checkout I'm getting the below error on shopping_cart.php

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fedex1 in /path/to/my/site.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php on line 15

I've having a similar problem:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\zones.php on line 113

After playing around with it, its also flagged the order.php class

I think it must be because Google Checkout declares these classes earlier - any help anyone?

I've having a similar problem:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\zones.php on line 113

After playing around with it, its also flagged the order.php class

I think it must be because Google Checkout declares these classes earlier - any help anyone?

yes, you need to change modules/shipping_estimator.php

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

My problem is when customer not logged in, after submitting zip code, switch or choose difference shipping service not work, page just refresh nothing show up, have to resubmit zip code.. the update button works tho.

yes, you need to change modules/shipping_estimator.php

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

My problem is when customer not logged in, after submitting zip code, switch or choose difference shipping service not work, page just refresh nothing show up, have to resubmit zip code.. the update button works tho.

thanks for your help - its fixed the problem in my main site but when applying the same changes to a sub-directory version of the site i'm running it doesn't seem to do the trick

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I had this mod working really well on my old site, however - I have had to upgrade to the latest version of Oscommerce and tried to install/uninstalled it (several times now) but can't for the life of me get it to work.

It just won't appear at all either logged in or not.??? I even copied over my old files from my other site and still couldnt'get it to work in the new site.

So, I guess my question is - Does anyone know if this mod works with 2.2rc2a ( osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a)

Its an easy mod, so i cant figure out why i'm having so many probs.

Thanks

Jodes

BTW - its enabled etc. :o)

Edited by jodes

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this in my test site and it works fine.

However, I have Google Checkout installed and working in my 'live' site and it's not working there.

I tried the fix from post #553 but it's still not working. With or without that fix, I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class table in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/table.php on line 13

Can anyone help, please?

Hi All,

I installed this contribution and it's awsome, I'm just having one small but annoying problem.

For domestic orders I have two postage methods Standard and Express Post (Australian) when someone who is not logged in puts their password in and clicks update it brings up the two postage rates fine, but it adds the more expensive express post cost on to the order toal.

Then if they click on the other postage option it seems to lose the postcode they have just put in, so then they have to type in the postcode again and click update.

The only way to get the other type of postage is to enter the postcode a second time and click on that option which is a bit awkward.

You can see this at www.luthierssupplies.com.au

If anyone has any ideas of a simple fix I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!