• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Background Image on Existing Template

dmassaro

Hi there,

I recently started to mod a template I found; It's been great and quite the learning experience so far but I'm still reasonably newbish. Can anyone suggest an addon or contribution, or method even, to change the background of the template I'm working with? I'll provide a link to my site if that could help..

www.carpetonegta.ca

thank you kindly.

use .css

You may need to clear the footer using a div.

It's been covered quite a few times in the forum.

Having said that, this is a template monster template which is full of the worst written code. These templates are dire.

Burt, there are so many .css files when I search.. Could you point me in the right direction? Any advice I can get from you and the other readers is greatly appreciated. I can't stress enough that I'm a total newb at this. :)

Any of the .css files.

The only people that can help with the template is those who built it, as they know what code they have mangled.

Being a newb, just makes things worse, as you don't know how to unmangle the code.

This is how the likes of Template Monster entice you in with a good looking template for next to no money, and then you are stuck with them for even the tiniest change. It sucks.

@@dmassaro

Change this

BODY {

text-align: center;

background: #000000;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

to something like this:

BODY {

text-align: center;

background-image: url("images/yourfilename.jpg");

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Chris

In StyleSheets.css I changed:

BODY {color:#111017;margin:0px;background:#fff;min-width:940px;}

to

BODY {color:#111017;margin:0px;background-image:url("/images/bgm.jpg");min-width:940px;}

Wanted to share the minor details, for the sake of people looking to do the same thing in future.

This worked like a charm. The only setback is my bottom bar with the links at www.carpetonegta.ca is slightly more to the right. I can live with it.

Thanks again @@DunWeb and @@burt for the guidance.

I've gotten some feedback from people i asked to view my site; for most people it looks great, but when people who run their browser on higher or lower zooms than default, the image doesnt fit the site.

Is there a way I can lock the site's zoom or force it to load in a certain "resolution" if you will? perhaps another remedy i cant think of?

where do i upload my images for the header, background, buttons?

in admin, I can upload my product images but where do I find the image file so I can replace my background in css files?

thank you

Archived