• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only show shipping for correct country?

Please is someone able to help as I've trawled the forum and can't seem to find an answer, apologies if there is an answer somewhere.

Is there a way to make sure only the shipping for the correct country shows up at checkout?

I have two types of shipping UK and Non UK but both show up at checkout for the customer to choose. Unfortunately Non UK customers always choose the UK postage as obviously its cheaper for them! If they then proceed to pay then they have not paid enough as the postage isn't correct.

Is there a way to make sure UK postage show only for UK addresses and only Non UK postage for NON UK addresses.

I really appreciate any help that is offered.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

You can set-up zones, then you assign the shipping modules to the wanted zone.

That's brilliant thank you. I had already done that but overlooked that I hadn't assigned one of the zones, therefore it was using them all all the time.

Thanks so much for your help :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Could someone explain in a little more detail how this is done? I'm trying to do something similar. We need to charge a per item shipping fee for destinations in the U.S. and then a different fee for anything outside of the U.S. I've set up a Tax Zone called United States which is configured as Country: United States; Zones: All Zones. I've assigned this as a Shipping Zone for the Per Item shipping module. So that works fine. Then we've created a Tax Zone called International which is configured as All Countries, All Zones. We've assigned this zone to the Table Rate shipping module. The problem here is that if someone is in the U.S. they'll see both the per item and the table rate shipping costs. I don't see any way to exclude a country from a Tax Zone.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

• 6 months later...

I don't see any way to exclude America from the zone. There is only a drop down menu to select which country belongs in the zone (or all countries). I can't select multiple countries either. It's either a specific country or all countries.

"Then we've created a Tax Zone called International which is configured as All Countries, All Zones."

You do not want to have America in this zone.

• 3 months later...

Ok had installed the zones module in shipping. I then got an error when checking out. so I uninstalled zones via admin area. it has now gone completely! Any ideas on how to retrieve it?

I am surprised there isn't an easier way to do this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

I'm new to OSC - well, kinda mostly new.... I used it once, years ago but someone else set it all up for me so I'm a total newb at the set up and installation part.

I'm struggling with shipping rates.

The store is UK based and I want to have 3 zones - UK, Europe and Everywhere else, with tabled by weight shipping calculated for each. Does that make sense?

So, I figured "Zone rates" would work? But, after installing the module I seem to only have a single "Zone" to play with? I've clearly missed something. Can anyone walk me through what to do?

I can make the Table rate work once I sort the zones out.

Thanks,

Sarah