• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trigger an email with changing order status

oxwivi

Is it possible to make osC send an email when I change an order's status to something? For example, if I change it to 'delivered', I would like to make it send a standard message with the tracking number for the shipment (or attach a scanned image).

This is the description from the 2.2 version.

The purpose of this modification is to basically make the life easier of those of you whom rely heavily on the comments box

to give your customer information about their order.

I got quite tired of typing or copying and pasting in the same text to let their customer know their order has been shipped, backordered, etc.

Comments Toolbar simply adds any number of buttons under your comments box in orders.php that basically act as macro buttons. You customize the buttons and text by editing the included html file.

Okay, so I'm trying this out now. I don't quite understand what it does other than sending a notification to the customer when changing status. I can manually write the message, something you said you hate, but what included HTML file? There's only comment_bar.php in admin and it's $language files. (And also is it possible to send attachments at all? Not necessary, but would be helpful all the same)

I've also tried adding comments in my test osC, yet Notify Customer checkbox did not send anything to my email.

Your original question referenced this:

For example, if I change it to 'delivered', I would like to make it send a standard message with the tracking number

The add on I pointed to does just that. The language file is where you define the text that is sent when using one of the buttons on your orders page. Your 'standard message would be inserted with a button click and then all you need to add is the tracking number.

I have no idea how you would add an attachment.

Tim

Archived