• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact us is not working

kamaljeet

@@kamaljeet,

Ensure you have your email entered properly in the admin area under MY STORE >> send extra emails to:

Chris

Hi Chris:

Thanks for your reply. In fact I stumbled upon an Enhanced_contact_Us_ V1.2. Well, I tested it on webmail it is now seems to be working fine

I downloaded this version from oscommerce site If you need it I will send it as an attachment

Thanks you

• 7 months later...

For anyone with similar symptoms - i.e. site emails working except contact_us Had to look for general mail help - found http://php.about.com/od/advancedphp/ss/mail_4.htm Second item is are you sending to a legal address for security and antispam reasons some hosts don't allow your website to send emails to the same domain name as the site i.e. if your website is "http://www./myshop.com" and you try to send your contact email to enquiries@@myshoplive.com The other emails e.g. order confirmation etc work as they are outward bound. Best fix is to ask hosting company to allow you to email to your site email address, or change email used to address not on your site domain. Simple test/temporary fix - in contact_us.php where you have tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address); change STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS to '[email protected]' Or change the STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS to an address that isnt on the store domain.

My server is at yahoo webhosting. I found that this ridiculous tep_mail function the oscommerce created has a big flaw.

In the files:

tell_a_friend.php

tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_body, $from_name, $from_email_address);

The last argument $from_email_address must be my own domain's email or it won't work.

contact_us.php

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

The last argument $email_address must be my own domain's email or it won't work.

To fix that just insert a line like

$email_address = '[email protected]';

Right before those tep_mail( ) functions.

You will lose information about where the email is coming from. To fix that, change the

$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

to

$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry'])."\n".' reply to email: '.tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

This way you will see in your message in body from the customer and where to reply this email to.

If anyone is confused about what I am saying and want me to fix it for you, please contact [email protected] or go to www.aawisdom.com. o:)

• 4 months later...

Hy People

My problem is, i can not receive e-mails sending by Contact us using gmail adress. If I us a other then gmail it works. I installed a new shop to try and there it is working. Also I made the check with the test.php and there it is also working. I have a ocommerce 2.3.1 shop. Any help?

Archived