• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

Is it just me or anyone else getting getting popup with "Error: parsererror" when clicked on Checkout?

I installed stock osc 2.3.1 and I ftp all the files in the Drop_On_Top directory to my store, but when I click on checkout, it goes to the checkout page for login/signup, but it also popup a small window with "Error: parsererror". I click Okay and go to Create Account, but during create account, it also have the same error popup.

How can I fix this? Do I need to install any of the other contributions before I can use this?

i have the same error when KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_OUTPUT are on screen. change it to file and will work.

I have tried installing simple checkout on an already modified site (localhost) using option 3. Got error when trying to run the sql.

tried it again on a fresh install (localhost) and same problem

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES ( 7500, 'Checkout', 'Settings for single page checkout', 16, 1 ) ;

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1062 - Duplicate entry '7500' for key 'PRIMARY'

when i try to use it I have little red boxes with numbers in after each textbox (the boxes will turn green after typing in the textbox)

do you have any idea what i am doing wrong? I don't know anything about sql and very little about php

Hi,

I installed the simplecheckout via the drop method.

I have paypal fees module install, but after using the simple checkout, i noticed that the total order which shows the fees do not refresh when paypal is click or when cash deposit method is clicked.

What i mean is, when i click checkout, the total order includes and displays the paypal fees in the order total.

but when i click on cash deposit method, the paypal fees supposed to be refreshed and removed. but it still shows the paypal fees.

please help.

Okay guys. So, I have risen from the dead, at least for the moment. Lots and lots of errors I see.

A lot of these things are going to be site specific issues, such as the special character causing an error for someone and some browser issues, etc...

To begin with, I've found a few bugs myself, and in the next few days, I'll upload an update. But, none of the bugs I ran into resolve any of the issues that you've all mentioned.

I'll be working on that ugly paypal button tonight and seeing if I can make it work through a radio button.

Anyone who still has issues that you didn't resolve, please PM me. If I find bugs, I will fix them and upload the fixes and post notice on the forum. I do stay busy, and the forums tend to take up a lot of time, so I have to stay away every once in a while.

And oh yeah, maybe a bad habit, but I tend to completely disregard IE. Those special characters that aren't showing up can be replaced with images or plain text, which changes I may include with the next upload.

Also, I noticed when checking IE, that it showed no content. There is a button on the browser's input that you can click for visibility/compatibility issues. I don't remember what it actually said, but it was fairly easy to find, like a history or favorites button. Goes to show how often I open IE.

First, Great (!) contrib.

But I'm having some trouble. I only get a blank checkout.php page... not a browser issue, I know that much. Double, tripple checked new and modified files.. no luck.

I'm guessing I have a conflict somewhere. Did anyone have the same problem?

Only time I got a blank screen was in IE and that was a browser compatibility issue.

What browser are you using? Have you tried using firebug or inspect element or something similar to see if it's showing any errors?

WELCOME BACK!!!! YOU WERE REALLY... REALLY... MISSED!!!

Fixed my parse rerror with upgrade to latest jquery version. My year old download was at 1.4.2; downloading 1.7.1 did the trick. Would the add-on being built with a newer than 1.4.2 maybe not know what to do? Would updating the jquery to current be a wise step before installing add-on (add to install .txt?)

Timmy C

I felt guilty for running off, but I really had to focus on stuff I was doing and I can get lost in forums, so I had to stay away for a while.

You want to know the darndest thing. I can use certain jquery functions in some scripts, and not in others. Hahahaha. Guess what. It's because I have 1.4.2 in one site and 1.7.1 in the other. I didn't even think to check that. Nice. Ding, ding, ding. Now, I know what my problem is. THANK YOU.

Including the newest jquery files as a standard part of future uploads might be a good idea. In fact, with my next upgrade, it will be necessary, as I'll be basing it on 1.7.1 specifically with a goal of cutting the script nearly in half. But, I've been running this with 1.4.2 as well, and haven't run into any issues. Odd, I say.

I'll have another improved version in about 3 days - I fixed the Paypal button and turned it into a radio button, and I'm scrunching the code down a bit to work even more efficiently and try to speed things up a bit more. Unfortunately, despite the fact that the functionality won't really change much, the coding will be drastically changed, so any modifications that people made, will have to be redone with any newer versions. :unsure: But, I think it'll be worth it.

Hi Jutta,

your contribution is really great. Thank you!

There are some bugfixes and minor improvements in the code attached (the diff patch as code and the whole file as attachment). Please consider importing them into your code so me and others won't have to fix them again. They are all explained after the "FIXED" markers. Most important issue seems to me the missing new tax calculation if the shipping address (the country) has changed.

There are still some issues I could not fix until now:

1. Sometimes the shipping costs are not displayed in the subtotal section the first time the checkout page is opened. This changes after selecting the (single, already selected) shipping method or after submitting/reloading the page.

2. When editing an address, the gender radio buttons appear even if this was turned off in the configuration.

3. I would wish to add support for an optional bank account section between the addresses and the comment which shows up if a special payment option was selected (bank withdrawal - "Bankeinzug" in Germany). Now users can specify their bank account in the comment section only, not in a specific form, and therefore no check on this bank data is possible.

389a390,410
>	   if (is_array($sendto) && !empty($sendto)) { // FIXED - BEGIN: consider tax after shipping address change
>		 $shipping_address = array('entry_firstname' => $sendto['firstname'],
>								   'entry_lastname' => $sendto['lastname'],
>								   'entry_company' => $sendto['company'],
>								   'entry_street_address' => $sendto['street_address'],
>								   'entry_suburb' => $sendto['suburb'],
>								   'entry_postcode' => $sendto['postcode'],
>								   'entry_city' => $sendto['city'],
>								   'entry_zone_id' => $sendto['zone_id'],
>								   'zone_name' => $sendto['zone_name'],
>								   'entry_country_id' => $sendto['country_id'],
>								   'countries_id' => $sendto['country_id'],
>								   'countries_name' => $sendto['country_name'],
>								   'countries_iso_code_2' => $sendto['country_iso_code_2'],
>								   'countries_iso_code_3' => $sendto['country_iso_code_3'],
>								   'address_format_id' => $sendto['address_format_id'],
>								   'entry_state' => $sendto['zone_name']);
>	   } elseif (is_numeric($sendto)) {
>		 $shipping_address_query = tep_db_query("select ab.entry_firstname, ab.entry_lastname, ab.entry_company, ab.entry_street_address, ab.entry_suburb, ab.entry_postcode, ab.entry_city, ab.entry_zone_id, z.zone_name, ab.entry_country_id, c.countries_id, c.countries_name, c.countries_iso_code_2, c.countries_iso_code_3, c.address_format_id, ab.entry_state from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " ab left join " . TABLE_ZONES . " z on (ab.entry_zone_id = z.zone_id) left join " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " c on (ab.entry_country_id = c.countries_id) where ab.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and ab.address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");
>		 $shipping_address = tep_db_fetch_array($shipping_address_query);
>	   } // FIXED - END
391a413
>				  <div class="left wid40">   </div> <!-- // FIXED: insert spacing between article image and article title -->
393c415
<		   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</div>
---
>		   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'], $shipping_address['entry_country_id'], $shipping_address['entry_zone_id'])) . '</div> </div> <!-- // FIXED: consider tax after shipping address change -->
395c417
<		   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</div>
---
>		   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'], $shipping_address['entry_country_id'], $shipping_address['entry_zone_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</div> <!-- // FIXED: consider tax after shipping address change -->
743a766
>   checkout.totalsRefresh(); // FIXED (?): recalculate totals after sendto variable set in checkout.RowsRefresh('shipping') some lines above
802c825,826
<	if ($(this).val().length < $('#checkout').data($(this).attr('name')).len) checkout.errMessage('error', $('#checkout').data($(this).attr('name')).msg);
---
>	if ( (checkout.ctype == 'create') || !($(this).attr('name') == 'pass') ) // FIXED: password length check only for creating a new account
>	 if ($(this).val().length < $('#checkout').data($(this).attr('name')).len) checkout.errMessage('error', $('#checkout').data($(this).attr('name')).msg);
833,837c857,862
<	if ($(this).val().length < $('#checkout').data('pass').len)
<	 {
<	 checkout.errMessage('error', $('#checkout').data('pass').msg);
<	 $(this).val('').blur();
<	 }
---
>	if ( (checkout.ctype == 'create') || !($(this).attr('name') == 'pass') ) // FIXED: password length check only for creating a new account
>	 if ($(this).val().length < $('#checkout').data('pass').len)
>	  {
>	  checkout.errMessage('error', $('#checkout').data('pass').msg);
>	  $(this).val('').blur();
>	  }
970,971c995,996
<	if ($('.required_icon:visible', $('#' + type)).size() > 0) alert('Please fill in all required fields');
<	else if ($('.error_icon:visible', $('#' + type)).size() > 0) alert('Please correct fields with errors');
---
>	if ($('.required_icon:visible', $('#' + type)).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_COMPLETE_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
>	else if ($('.error_icon:visible', $('#' + type)).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_ERROR_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
1029c1054,1055
<	 checkout.AddressRefresh(checkout.addressType);
---
>	 checkout.AddressRefresh('shipping'); // FIXED - BEGIN: update both addresses since other might have changed too (address edit)
>	 checkout.AddressRefresh('payment'); // FIXED - END
1030a1057,1062
>	 if (checkout.addressType == 'shipping') // FIXED - BEGIN: recalculate taxes after shipping address change
>	 {
>	  checkout.cartRefresh();
>	  checkout.totalsRefresh();
>	  checkout.RowsRefresh('payment');
>	 } // FIXED - END
1037,1038c1069,1070
<   if ($('.required_icon:visible',  $('#AddressEdit')).size() > 0) alert('Please fill in all required fields');
<   else if ($('.error_icon:visible',  $('#AddressEdit')).size() > 0) alert('Please correct fields with errors');
---
>   if ($('.required_icon:visible',  $('#AddressEdit')).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_COMPLETE_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
>   else if ($('.error_icon:visible',  $('#AddressEdit')).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_ERROR_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
1056,1057c1088,1089
<   if ($('.required_icon:visible',  $('#AddressNew')).size() > 0) alert('Please fill in all required fields');
<   else if ($('.error_icon:visible',  $('#AddressNew')).size() > 0) alert('Please correct fields with errors');
---
>   if ($('.required_icon:visible',  $('#AddressNew')).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_COMPLETE_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
>   else if ($('.error_icon:visible',  $('#AddressNew')).size() > 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_ERROR_FORM; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
1237,1238c1269,1270
<   if ($('input[name=payment]:checked').size() == 0) alert('Please select a payment method');
<   else if ($('#shipping').is(':visible') && $('input[name=shipping]:checked').size() == 0) alert('Please select a shipping method');
---
>   if ($('input[name=payment]:checked').size() == 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_COMPLETE_PAYMENT; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
>   else if ($('#shipping').is(':visible') && $('input[name=shipping]:checked').size() == 0) alert("<?php echo TEXT_COMPLETE_SHIPPING; ?>"); // FIXED: internationalization
1382a1415
>								 $('input[name=email]', $('#create')).val($('input[name=email]', $('#login')).val()); // FIXED: do not remove email address typed in by user
1416a1450
>	 $('input[name=email]', $('#create')).val($('input[name=email]', $('#login')).val()); // FIXED: do not remove email address typed in by user
1519a1554
>		   <div class="left wid40">   </div> <!-- // FIXED: insert spacing between article image and article title -->
1546c1581
<	 <div class="contentText" id="changeShippingAddress"><?php echo tep_draw_button('Change Address'); ?></div>
---
>	 <div class="contentText" id="changeShippingAddress"><?php echo tep_draw_button(TEXT_CHANGE_ADDRESS); ?></div> <!-- // FIXED: internationalization -->
1562c1597
<	 <div class="contentText" id="changeBillingAddress"><?php echo tep_draw_button('Change Address'); ?></div>
---
>	 <div class="contentText" id="changeBillingAddress"><?php echo tep_draw_button(TEXT_CHANGE_ADDRESS); ?></div> <!-- // FIXED: internationalization -->
1619c1654
<   <p id="gender"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'm', false); ?>  MALE  <?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'f', false); ?>  FEMALE <?php echo (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="required_icon iconred">✹</span>' : ''); ?></p>
---
>   <p id="gender"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'm', false) . '  ' . MALE . '  ' . tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'f', false) . '  ' . FEMALE . ' '; ?><?php echo (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="required_icon iconred">✹</span>' : ''); ?></p> <!-- // FIXED: use variable (raw texts "MALE" and "FEMALE" appeared previously) -->

checkout.php

Edited by peter3

I am having a problem that I "think" is related to this contribution, but to be honest I have no idea.

I am using Paypal's sandbox to go through a trial run and I get to the checkout.php section enter the payment info and click "Confirm Order" and I get redirected to checkout_process.php with the following error message:

[b]Warning[/b]: require(/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin-name/includes/languages/english/invoice.php) [[url="http://keystoneflags.com/function.require"]function.require[/url]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [b]/home/my/site/root/html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php[/b] on line [b]30[/b]

[b]Fatal error[/b]: require() [[url="http://keystoneflags.com/function.require"]function.require[/url]]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin-name/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in [b]/home/[/b][b]my/site/root[/b][b]/html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php[/b] on line [b]30[/b]

Any ideas what is going on here?

@@ggrant3

It looks like a compatibility conflict. WIth paypal, the payment runs through internal files, back to checkout_confirmation, and then to the paypal site. It's wacky how it's set up and that's why PP gave me the biggest issues.

It looks like you have some sort of invoicing add on that is conflicting with the overall checkout process. Does it work fine without this checkout turned on?

@@ronodo

My next update will probably resolve this for you. I expected to have it up already, but it's in a final testing phase and may be up tomorrow or the next day.

@@Stevell

I suppose you would add that the same as you would in your normal checkout. It's just a matter of finding the part of this page that matches where you would put it in a regular checkout. (the payment area somewhere?).

@@peter3

I'm going over your recommendations and I do appreciate them, particularly the tax considerations, since that completely slipped my mind before. here's a tidbit about that.

This piece of script, that you placed in the shopping cart section to account for taxes, is actually much simpler than that.

if (is_array($sendto) && !empty($sendto)) { // FIXED - BEGIN: consider tax after shipping address change
	$shipping_address = array('entry_firstname' => $sendto['firstname'],
							  'entry_lastname' => $sendto['lastname'],
							  'entry_company' => $sendto['company'],
							  'entry_street_address' => $sendto['street_address'],
							  'entry_suburb' => $sendto['suburb'],
							  'entry_postcode' => $sendto['postcode'],
							  'entry_city' => $sendto['city'],
							  'entry_zone_id' => $sendto['zone_id'],
							  'zone_name' => $sendto['zone_name'],
							  'entry_country_id' => $sendto['country_id'],
							  'countries_id' => $sendto['country_id'],
							  'countries_name' => $sendto['country_name'],
							  'countries_iso_code_2' => $sendto['country_iso_code_2'],
							  'countries_iso_code_3' => $sendto['country_iso_code_3'],
							  'address_format_id' => $sendto['address_format_id'],
							  'entry_state' => $sendto['zone_name']);
  } elseif (is_numeric($sendto)) {
	$shipping_address_query = tep_db_query("select ab.entry_firstname, ab.entry_lastname, ab.entry_company, ab.entry_street_address, ab.entry_suburb, ab.entry_postcode, ab.entry_city, ab.entry_zone_id, z.zone_name, ab.entry_country_id, c.countries_id, c.countries_name, c.countries_iso_code_2, c.countries_iso_code_3, c.address_format_id, ab.entry_state from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " ab left join " . TABLE_ZONES . " z on (ab.entry_zone_id = z.zone_id) left join " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " c on (ab.entry_country_id = c.countries_id) where ab.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and ab.address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");
	$shipping_address = tep_db_fetch_array($shipping_address_query);
  } // FIXED - END

The osc tax calculation function runs on two session variables - $customer_country_id, and $customer_zone_id. They are already registered by the time we are in the checkout. So, when the shipping address is updated (we reset the $sendto variable), we simply change the value of the tax related variables at the same time, like this:

if (isset($_POST['aID']) && tep_not_null($_POST['aID']) && $sql = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("select entry_country_id, entry_zone_id from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$_POST['aID'] . "' limit 1"))){
   $sendto = $_POST['aID'];
   $customer_country_id = $sql['entry_country_id'];
   $customer_zone_id = $sql['entry_zone_id'];}

And then when we come out of that ajax call (setting the new address), we run more ajax calls to update the cart contents and order totals, which will automatically call on those session variables in their calculations.

And yes, that is a function inside of a function and it can only be done if you pull a limit 1 on the sql query. It's Jetta shorthand.

While working on the last run of updates, I did catch the other recommendations that you had (languages, updating both addresses, in case one changed the other, and a couple other things). Those will be included in the next upload, coming soon.

Regarding the custom form area for your payment methods, I believe that would be a payment module consideration. It would be a part of the functions inside of the payment class, just like credit card number fields. If added that way, it would be applied in the normal course of any checkout just like any other payment method form fields.

Hope that helps you a little with getting things to work for you.

NOTICE. Simple checkout for 2.3.1 version 2.0 has been uploaded. A demo site exists and there is a link contained in the synopsis of the contribution.

The latest versions of jquery are required for this.

I am interested in knowing about any bona fide bugs that may be discovered, and will fix them if found. Besides debugging (which I really hope is done), I think this will be the last round of changes that I make.

@@ggrant3

It looks like a compatibility conflict. WIth paypal, the payment runs through internal files, back to checkout_confirmation, and then to the paypal site. It's wacky how it's set up and that's why PP gave me the biggest issues.

It looks like you have some sort of invoicing add on that is conflicting with the overall checkout process. Does it work fine without this checkout turned on?

You are good. It was actually related to a recent add-on (fancier Invoice), I didn't even think about that. But your "invoicing add on" comment made me think about it and track down the problem and I....um....forgot to do something in that set of install instructions :- oops.

But I have a new question for you:

• During the checkout process there is a section for the credit card "Valid from Date" right above the expiration date. Where would I go to comment out that "Valid from Date" line?

not sure if I am doing something stupid? Went to test site, selected a product, went to guest account, entered information, clicked on continue button, next page all I get is the item and it's image at top of page, no shipping address or payment method, there is nothing to click with exception of some very small icons on left side column area. These icons give funny little trash cans; mousing over asks if I'd like to remove the items. Is there something I am doing wrong; refresh page takes you back to checkout. tried creating an account, get same result. this is all with Internet Explorer, with Firefox, it all shows up! went back to a new IE browser, I get the account details box stacked on top the product image/ price and quantity box after entering guest info, clicking the guest account button... Is there anyone else experiencing IE problems?

Looks great in Firefox...

Timmy C

Timmy C

Jetta... Tried my other two computers, both runing XP sp3, with IE8, same issues. one doesn't even respond. I use XP becuase I have expensive software running some of my machinery; costly to buy the new stuff from machine vendors. there are a lot of organizations that won't give up on XP as it runs way too well, so they are stuck with IE8. is there some way to make compatible? looking at customer that doesn't use IE 9 or the other browers.

Timmy C

@@LaChrize

Yes, how you do so depends on which version of the checkout you're using.

In the 1.X versions, find:

<p class="create" id="gender"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'm') . '  ' . MALE . '  ' . tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'f') . '  ' . FEMALE . ' '; ?><?php echo (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="required_icon iconred">✹</span>' : ''); ?></p>

replace with:

<p id="gender"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'm') . '  ' . MALE . '  ' . tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'f') . '  ' . FEMALE . ' '; ?><?php echo (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="required_icon iconred">✹</span>' : ''); ?></p>

In the 2.0 version, find:

<?php if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true' && $_POST['accountType'] == 'create') { ?>

replace with:

<?php if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') { ?>

@@surrfman

I felt the same way about XP. HATED Vista - one of those things that will make you want to throw a computer out a window. I'm very happy with windows 7 though, I have to admit, even moreso than XP.

I don't know about compatibility with IE 8.

Try this. In the checkout.php code, Find : <script>

change to : <script type="text/javascript">

Edited: Removed the second suggestion, after I tested it and killed it on IE 9.

But I have a new question for you:

• During the checkout process there is a section for the credit card "Valid from Date" right above the expiration date. Where would I go to comment out that "Valid from Date" line?

Go to the payment module in the confirmation function, and don't be surprised if there is an associated line in the before_process function. You may or may not need to remove both, and likewise, may not be able to remove both, depends on what information the payment processor requires in their communications.

Edited by fulluvscents

I've got someone reporting bugs in the checkout using safari on a mac platform. Checked radio buttons are un-checking themselves. Can anyone else verify that this is happening and provide any insight as to why?

Go to the payment module in the confirmation function, and don't be surprised if there is an associated line in the before_process function. You may or may not need to remove both, and likewise, may not be able to remove both, depends on what information the payment processor requires in their communications.

Oh I thought it was part of your contribution.

If anyone else in interested in this, I played around with some files but couldn't figure it out so I posted a thread in the installation and configuration section so I don't clutter up your thread.

hello...

This is one great contribution!

I've managed to setup the cart,did some css adjusting on the color and all work OK until I click the 'Confirm Order' button. A pop up window appeared with ' Please select the preferred shipping method....' message. Im testing it with Paypal Standard and Cash On Delivery payment and yes it is already selected.

Any idea or help?