• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

Good morning

Ok i have sold it.

The problem was that i was not writting the postal code with the right way.

I was writting 25100 but i had to write 251 00.

So is it possible to put a warning for customers somewhere, something like " Carefful the pc must writting like xxx xx",

cause i think that if someones tryies to make an account with the "xxxxx" form he will never create an account...

Sorry if i disturbing you but i think that we must make a warning....

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

Working on cleaning out the OPC & PWA stuff. I kept a copy of the original files before doing any changes; ran all files through WiMerge to make sure I wasn't missing some changes made outside of the two rogue add-ons.

The bigger question, what should I do to the sql stuff, would it be the right thing to reverse the changes made? Looking at the sql files, there were a couple lines that asked for a DELETE; would it be correct to just change the file to read

INSERT, run just those lines or change everything, or will the changes where it was just an INSERT lay dormant and not effect store operation?

Am I getting in way too big?

Here is the top few lines (all the rest are INSERT) from OPC sql:

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=7575;

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id=7575;

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES (7575, 'One Page Checkout', 'Settings for one page checkout', 16, 1);

ALTER TABLE configuration CHANGE configuration_value configuration_value TEXT NOT NULL;

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Enable One Page Checkout', 'ONEPAGE_CHECKOUT_ENABLED', 'True', 'Enable one page checkout?', 7575, 1, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'False\',\'True\'),');

Thanks guys for your input

Timmy C

Guys...

Figured out how to reduce the image size:

Run the following SQL:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

(998, 'Checkout Small Image Width', 'CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH', '80', 'The pixel width of small images in the shopping cart on the checkout page', 4, 9, '2011-04-28 15:42:49', '2011-04-09 15:04:33', NULL, NULL),

(999, 'Checkout Small Image Height', 'CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '80', 'The pixel height of small images in the shopping cart on the checkout

check your configuration table to ensure that the values 998 and 999 do not already exist, if they do then adjust them accordingly.

Around line 389 of catalog/checkout.php

Change this:

<div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>

<div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

To this:

<div class="left" style="width:' . CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>

<div class="left" style="width:180px; padding-left:20px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . $products[$i]['name'] . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

Around line 1519 of catalog/checkout.php

Change this:

<div class="left" style="width:<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>px;"> </div>

<div class="left wid200"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

To this:

<div class="left" style="width:<?php echo CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH;?>px;"> </div>

<div class="left" style="width:180px; padding-left:20px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Then go to your admin and change the value for the size of the image; I found 75 worked best for me.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Timmy C

I Hope someone can help me with this, i'm struggling with incorporating the "Date of Birth Pulldown" with this great contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3778/category,5/search,Pulldown+date+of+birt

The pulldown contribution looks like this:

Change:
<?php
 if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') {
?>
		  <tr>
		    <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
		    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('dob') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
}  
?>

into:

<?php
if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') { //  TOF Pulldown date of birth 1.5
$syear=1980;if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['dob_in'])){$syear=$HTTP_POST_VARS['dob_in'];}
?>
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_date('dob_in', '0', '0', $syear, false, true, 1900);
				   echo ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT . '</span>': '');?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}   /*   EOF Pulldown date of birth 1.5  */
?>

I found the section to modi fie in the billing_adress.php file.

if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true' && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
   {
?>
   <tr>
       <td class="main" nowrap><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
       <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_dob', (isset($customerAddress) ? $customerAddress['dob'] : ''), 'style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>
   </tr>

But i dont know how to merge it, any help is appreciated!

Hi fulluvscents

first off all thanks for this good contribution. I try to integrate it on my shop... in fact i didn't try anymore. I integrated allready :).

I have to smal suggestions/questions:

- How to add the gender in the guest accout box. I wanna be polite if I have to communicate with my customers.

- is it possible to add a hidden field to flag that account as guest, so i can easly find guest accounts in the my admin area? I wanna delete perionicaly this accounts.

cheers LaChrize

Hi, Sorry if this one has been already answered. I scanned through the thread but didn't see it.

I've installed the mod and it it looks good and is, with one tiny issue, working great.

I've got a funny with the confirm order button. For some reason I need to press it twice. I've tested it a few times with the guest account, new user and returning user and it seems to be the same for all of them.

I'm tried it using the latest version of firefox and chrome. I'm using Paypals standard payments module.

Has anyone else seen this?

Great module btw. I've been struggling to hack a couple of other simplier payment modules from 2.2 to 2.3 without much luck for weeks; then I stumbled over your mod by accident last night. Not only was it a piece of cake to install but it looks much nicer and does more things.

thanks,

Derek

Getting this error went trying to proceed thru checkout just after logging in to account:

Error:null[Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" nsresult: "0x80004005

(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame::https://www.discountegauges.com/ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js::

<TOP_LEVEL>:: line 130" data: no]

Any Ideas on what this means, how to fix?

Timmy C

Hello Jetta

I read with great interest your add on support thread, regarding my v2.3.1 site

For some time now I have been trying to establish a way of checking out without creating an account and more recently trying to send more info to paypal (my only payment option is paypal website standard)

Just to add a bit of background, I've searched the forums for "checkout without account" and other variations of this and mostly the searches always appear to come back to some form of simple checkout and I probably should have gone with the flow but found most of the threads I landed on, had to many issues raised or did not (for me) fully explain that they were "trying to" or could achieve checkout without account.

Mostly it seemed that simplicity was the deal, my friends tell me I have "aspergers", they are probably right as i could never connect the search to results.

Anyway recently, I've been trying to overcome the the lack of info about a sale included on Paypals confirmation of sale e-mail and also when logged on to paypal the info provided shows no details of the products actually purchased, and added to my site "Better Descripion for PayPal Payment standard" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783), which adds to the PayPal Confirmation of sale e-mail and to the transaction description within your paypal account - the product name and quantity.

The add-on relates to some fancy php concerning FixOrder, and searching for FixOrder brought me to your thread.

God this is long winded, even I think my friends are right now !!!

Anyway, what I wanted in the e-mail from paypal was "Product_model" ,"Product_name" , "Product_price" , "Product_tax", " Product_inctax_price" , "product_Qty" , "effectively qty X inctax price" , for every product line which had been purchased.

Nb. I know that some of my field names may not actually be in osc but i think you'll understand the drift.

Thats the scene set, I search for "FixOrder" and find your conversation with Varina.

So,

1. I think you contribution allows purchase without account

2. Can it be adapted to send more info to paypal

regards

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

Where did everyone go???

Question, where and in what file do I place the paypal websites standard "buy now with credit card icons" to get it to display in the payments box on the checkout page? I assume maybe checkout_payment.php? I really don't want the feature in the shopping_cart.php page.

Thanks,

Timmy C

I cant find a way to resolve this issue.

Im getting 2 (two) parse errors. I have tried to isolate the problem and these are the results. (Im not a programmer)

Without shipping module installed no errors occured during loading the page (2 parse Errors with shipping modules installed).

Without shipping module I Click change address (either in shipping and billing) and if i press Confirm with no changes i get 1 (one parse error each).

Seems that problems comes from addresses. It happens also during the shipping refresh (with module installed).

I found undefined index in ot_shipping..but i couldnt solve becouse seems fine.

I found some other minors bug that i will explain next time (ex: shipping not update after checking...need to reload the page manually). I really would like to use this contribution because is really nice and I want to find a way to solve these parse errors I don't have reference for the errors (Syntaxerror: jparse...nothing more)

I got Installed others plugin like VAT (IVA) Header Tags, Seo without conflict..but this contribution is getting me crazy.

All advices are appreciate

Edited by Brainbug125

Finally i could use FirePHP...

I found these errors......In Change address...after confirm (with no modification)..trying to Post but not answer( same for Payment)

aID 2

action addressSet

addressType shipping

Sorgente

action=addressSet&addressType=shipping&aID=2

And these....when i load the page Post and no answer

action shippingSet shipping zones_zones

Sorgente action=shippingSet&shipping=zones_zones

Ill keep you informed

Edited by Brainbug125

Hope this thread hasn't died? Couple issues trying to resolve:

First is, I'm not getting the ship amount to show-up in the order's total. Module for flat-rate is installed and set to "true" I will be charging a flat-rate of $9.95 as some are heavy, some are light, saves on a whole host of adminstrative issues; any Idea of what to look for?

Next issue, Firefox displays the red delete "X" in the order total box, IE returns a outline red box; any ideas?

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

Anytime I press "CHECKOUT" got the mistake. Maybe you have got the sollution about it? Thank you!

As well one mistake in cartDelete: function()

cartDelete: function()
 {
	 if (confirm('<?php echo CONFIRM_DELETE ;?>'))
	  {
  var row = $(this).parent();
  $.ajax(
{
data: 'action=cartDelete&pID=' + $(this).attr('data-pID'),
success: function(data)
 {
 if (data.products == 0) {window.location = '<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL');?>';return false;}
 else
  {
  row.remove();
  checkout.headerShortcutsRefresh();
  checkout.colsRefresh();
  checkout.totalsRefresh();
  checkout.RowsRefresh('payment');
  if (data.shipping == 'false') $('#shipping').hide();
  else  {$('#shipping').show(); checkout.RowsRefresh('shipping');checkout.AddressRefresh('shipping');}
  }
 }
});
	  }
 },

But it perrfectly works when there is only one item in the cart. But if there are two ore more different products then I got a mistake

Error: error

Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs

An item that is precced "delete" is deleted but the java-script mistake still exists.

Edited by AlexandrZuyev

it works great. I have some problems in Internet Explorer 8 (nothing is loaded), but no one uses that anymore so its no big problem.

On the checkout-page i got som strange placement on the fields. It may have something to do with my modifications of the template.

My english isn´t good enough to explain it so i just paste a link: http://www.sadface.se/checkout.php

Also the page doesnt expand when i press "create account" or "guest account".

Can i do something about this?

Edited by Sadface

hey guys.. figurewd out the no shipping problem... having an issue with Internet Explorer 8, the "X" Icon and the Icon when logging into account, display as outline rectangles, is there a bit of code that would swipe this guys from the image file so that the 8 version understands them, or maybe they need to be a different file extension for IE 8. There is still a lot of XP and 200 users out there, that can't migrate to IE9

Timmy C

Is it just me or anyone else getting getting popup with "Error: parsererror" when clicked on Checkout?

I installed stock osc 2.3.1 and I ftp all the files in the Drop_On_Top directory to my store, but when I click on checkout, it goes to the checkout page for login/signup, but it also popup a small window with "Error: parsererror". I click Okay and go to Create Account, but during create account, it also have the same error popup.

How can I fix this? Do I need to install any of the other contributions before I can use this?

post-83080-0-68951500-1331788705_thumb.jpg

@@hydro

Hydro.... go to the jquery website, download the newest version, install per the instructions on multimixers website. it fixed my problem; even had some paid code guru's that couldn't figure it out. for the time being you won't get much response here, thread went dead.

Timmy C