• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

@@surrfman

the pop=up for loggin-in to an account places itself high on page partially obsuring the page header. What would it take to get the pop-up to display lower on page?

Yeah, go back a couple pages in the thread. It's the #account dialog. and you're changing 'center', 100 Just make that number bigger and it'll move down.

Next, the account creation / guest account box displays kinda in your face. What would it take to make the guy display at about 2/3 of the size?

The size is defined in the same place noted above.

Oh yeah, can the "country" box be turned-off?

Don't know what you're referring to.

Gotta run down to the metro Detroit area this AM, back late afternoon.

Where you live, Timmy? I'm from Port Huron (originally).

Edited by fulluvscents

Jetta, simple checkout is not picking up the weight of the item in calculating the shipping cost.

I have

Shorter Checkout for osCommerce 2.3X

installed on the shop.

When disabling simple checkout, shorter checkout will calculate the shipping picking up the weight of the item correctly.

Here's the basis of shorter checkout:

This simple little mod reduces the checkout process with 2 steps by combining the login and create account page aswell as skipping the create account success page.

Before:

[1] Login >> [2]Create Account >> [3]Create Account Sucess >> [4]Checkout Shipping >> [5]Checkout Payment >> [6]Checkout Confirmation

After:

[1] Create Account/Login >> [2] Checkout Shipping >> [3]Checkout payment >> [4}Checkout Confirmation

Not sure where the issue would be.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@fulluvscents...

Gooood Mornin'!!! I'm In the shire of Burton, a 'burb on the SE corner of Flint; Flint being the birth place of General Motors / murder capital of the U.S. of A 2011 I'm about a 45 minute trip from Pt. Huron. When my Son was younger we played hockey over there!

Tried the header.php changes, wiped out the buttons, moved the text links into space below the breadcrumb bar. The changes to checkout.php now return "Error : parseerror" and also "Error : null" seems to pick one or the other on a log-in to account attempt, but only in Firefox, IE loves doing the non-stop "Processing" dance thingy.

I'd like to remove the requirement for a "Country" as I did enough of that overseas shipping in a previous life (eBay).. it just got too nuts!!! If I comment or remove that line in checkout.php what needs to happen to the "State" line, will it need something changed so it isn't waiting for a "Country" input. Can I move the order in which the information is asked for; ie, put "State" below the "City" line, by moving the order in checkout.php? Is the aforementioned found near the bottom of checkout.php? Oh yeah... what would it take to have a side-by-side listing of the info? Kinda like both names on first line, adresss and city next.. etc. It would make the form not as tall on page, I love the "BIG" text but the trade-off is it makes to where the buyer has to scroll down the screen, By going side-by-side, the "BIG" text stay put, buyer doesn't have the distraction of having to scroll down on what could be an itimidating first purchase experience.

So how did you get so darn good at this stuff?

Timmy C

@@altoid

I don't see why/how that would affect this checkout at all. I did a lot of cart weight testing with the shipping mod I just did, so I know simple checkout is picking up the cart weight.

@@surrfman

1. I might PM you about the header thing, since it's specific to you, and not really checkout related.

2. You'll want to hard code the country and leave the state drop down list. Or, just remove all the countries from your back end, except the US, leaving only that one option. That's something you'll need to do site wide as it affects probably 10 different forms. Eliminating all but the US will be your easiest/fastest method.

3. You can rearrange your forms any way you like. It's just a matter of creating two side by side divs (50% float right and 50% float left), and a div to clear them. Then put half the fields inside one div, and half inside the other. That may, however, throw off the jquery parent/child scheme.

4. I like big text too (particularly for the hard of sight), but realized that the user has control over the size of the text (just hit CTRL+ or CTRL- to zoom in and out, and CTRL0 to reset). So, I don't cater to those needs anymore. If someone has a hard time seeing web text, chances are that they have learned how to zoom a page. Just a tid bit from my own perspective and not a suggestion.

5. I really don't know. I just know what I want and I do what it takes to get there. My personal agenda was to redo my website, and merge it with a full manufacturing/inventory/accounting system in addition to synching my various selling venues in one place - to eliminate the mess of a system that I have, automate as much as possible, and make it easier for a staff to run my business without my hands on involvement. You'd be amazed at how far you can push on OSC site. I've always been analytic and mathematically inclined. My daughter stands over my shoulder trying to figure it out, and all I can tell her is that the algebra that she sees no use for in life, well, that's all this is - algebraic equations. Math and logic in a foreign language. Once you understand the equations and language, you can make a website/program do anything you want.

@@altoid

I don't see why/how that would affect this checkout at all. I did a lot of cart weight testing with the shipping mod I just did, so I know simple checkout is picking up the cart weight.

OK.

My only hunch right now is that the "shorter checkout" mod I installed a while ago may be playing a role in this. I'll try uninstalling that and reactivating simple checkout to see what happens.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@altoid

Nope, it was all me. Somehow, I removed the cart weight in one of the updates. A new package was just uploaded. Just replace the checkout.php file with the one from v1.6

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8338

Sorry about that.

Great...uploaded....did a test run and it's capturing that info now. Thank you much Jetta.

Hello,

Great Contrib, I just installed the latest 1.6V but on any effected pages I get a popup that says (Error: Parsererror) and the the product info doesnt appear to load just it just keeps showing the ajax-loader. Any sugestions were I should look for the issue?

fulluvscents, thanks for the fantastic new addons! :D

I installed the simple checkout and experienced the same country select bug that a few others have mentioned. I then installed the post code validations add-on, the compatibility changes with simple checkout and your new USPS module. I've double checked all my steps and as far as I can tell I've installed it properly. Here's the specifics on the bugs I'm experiencing.

This is when trying to use Guest Checkout:

Default 'United States' doesn't register as selected (red star, no green arrow). Cycling through the selections by hitting 'U' cycles them, but when landing on any country it doesn't select it and give a green check. Clicking it with the mouse doesn't select it. I have to select a different country, then go back and select United States in order to select a state.

Other than that it worked great!

Then, these bugs occured after installing World Postal / Zip / Post Code Validations v1.0, Compatibility - Simple Checkout for 2.3.1 v1.4 and USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.0.

After entering the zip code and moving from the field, I get a parse error dialoge box. I assume it's going to verify the zip code through the validations? I double checked the changes to existing files and everything seems correct. I click Ok to make it go away and another appears exactly the same, click ok again, one more appears. After selecting Ok on the 3rd box, it goes back to checkout.php and zip code now has a green check.

When clicking confirm, it goes to load the simple checkout and our good friend ParseError dialog box returns. Clicking ok brings up this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '4hml1on1rrsria94oremevb352' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('4hml1on1rrsria94oremevb352', '1329673574', 'sessiontoken|s:32:\"fa28774186abc018db09e31aab83bc4a\";SESSION_SSL_ID|b:0;cart|O:12:\"shoppingCart\":4:{s:8:\"contents\";a:0:{}s:5:\"total\";i:0;s:6:\"weight\";i:0;s:12:\"content_type\";b:0;}language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";currency|s:3:\"USD\";navigation|O:17:\"navigationHistory\":2:{s:4:\"path\";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:\"page\";s:12:\"checkout.php\";s:4:\"mode\";s:3:\"SSL\";s:3:\"get\";a:0:{}s:4:\"post\";a:1:{s:6:\"action\";s:18:\"columnRightRefresh\";}}}s:8:\"snapshot\";a:0:{}}sess_discount_code|N;')[TEP STOP]

This is in Firefox. With Chrome I still get country selection bug, zip code bug and the ParseError after clicking confirm on Guest Checkout, however the page loads normally with no TEP STOP error and I am able to succesfully place the order. With FF, it fails to load and gives the TEP STOP error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Alrighty, I ripped it all out and started over. :)

I've installed Simple Checkout and USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 and everything is working great, it goes downhill when adding the World Postal / Zip / Post Code Validations v1.0 and following instructions for compatibility with Simple Checkout.

I'm still getting the country bug, but as long as I leave out the Zip Validations, it seems to work great.

Details on the country select bug are the same:

Default 'United States' doesn't register as selected (red star, no green checkmark). Cycling through the selections by hitting 'U' cycles them, but when landing on any country it doesn't select it and give a green check. Clicking it with the mouse doesn't select it. I have to select a different country with the mouse, then go back and select United States in order to select a state.

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by hughesca

I really like how clean the one page layout is, also how you can modify the quantities without leaving the checkout page. However, I can't see a way to update the total or refresh it after I enter a new qty, maybe a refresh icon next to the red 'x's?

Also, is there a way to do away with the scrollbar in the product listing when listing several items & the images too?

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by hughesca

@@hughesca

Country selection is not set for a default country. Customer must select from the drop down. If you want a default, you'll have to hard code the country id of your choice (number from the database 223 for the United States), or use STORE_COUNTRY. Instructions are a couple pages back. Default country is not a standard OSC feature, and so it isn't a part of Simple Checkout either.

When the country is selected however, it should be changing from red to green, and auto-loading a state selector using the zones that match the country (or an input field if no zones are found). What I don't get is how you can (or have to) select a different country with the mouse, but cannot selected the US.

Are you doing the sql query with the postcode validator install? I've got Simple Checkout, my USPS mod, my postcode validator add-on, as well as the USPS block methods by product on my test site. http://fulluvscents.com/catalog/ As long as you do the query and follow the instructions to the tee, it should work fine, BUT, who's to say I didn't miss a step in the instructions? You've got my email address. If you want to zip and email me a copy of your checkout.php code WITH the USPS and zip validator parts added, I'll compare it to my own and see if one of us is missing something.

To remove scrollbar - Find the class and the assignment of the class "cartscr" and delete them.

To remove images:

Find and delete the following two lines (these are in separate parts of the script, not one after the other):

<div class="left" style="width:<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>px;"> </div>

<div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>

There is no refresh button because it automatically refreshes. Not only do the totals refresh, but the shipping options change to reflect the new cart weight, the shopping cart box in your columns changes to reflect the new cart/totals, and the shopping cart link at the top of the page refreshes to reflect the new number of items in the cart.

Edited by fulluvscents

@ fulluvscents..

Been busy the last couple days... made a trip to Imlay City yesterday!

Was attempting to move the product listing info text that sits to the of right product image. It crowds the image a bit, figure a 20pixel slide to the right would get the job done.

I pulled this code from the checkout.php file after locating the spot in the code I figured would be the correct spot to attack. The BOLD text is what I added, hoping to do the trick, what am I missing?

<div id="cart" class="contentText hidden">

<div class="ui-widget-header padded5">

<div class="left wid200; padding-left: 20px"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid25 mrt5"> </div>

<div class="clear"></div>

I will have more time this week to get this guy working, still having issue with the breadcrumb text links and the new buttons that show when checking out. Tried your suggested remedies, wasn't successful the first time around. Last week was busy around here as my girlfriend owns a flower shop.

Thanks so much for your knowledge,

Timmy C

@ fulluvscents..

Been busy the last couple days... made a trip to Imlay City yesterday!

Was attempting to move the product listing info text that sits to the of right product image. It crowds the image a bit, figure a 20pixel slide to the right would get the job done.

I pulled this code from the checkout.php file after locating the spot in the code I figured would be the correct spot to attack. The BOLD text is what I added, hoping to do the trick, what am I missing?

<div id="cart" class="contentText hidden">

<div class="ui-widget-header padded5">

<div class="left wid200; padding-left: 20px"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid75 t-center"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL;?></b></div>

<div class="left wid25 mrt5"> </div>

I will have more time this week to get this guy working, still having issue with the breadcrumb text links and the new buttons that show when checking out. Tried your suggested remedies, wasn't successful the first time around. Last week was busy around here as my girlfriend owns a flower shop.

Thanks so much for your knowledge,

Timmy C

Timmy,

try this:

<div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 20px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Mark

Ihad install the world post contribution and now i can't make an account. What can i do if i am not having a previous backup from my database? What sections can i take from an old database an import them back to my database?

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

Eventually, I'll have discounts, rewards, credits, vouchers, etc. working on this, but It'll be a while before I get to it. So, for now, if you've got those things, then this checkout won't work for you.

I had already added a discount coupon contribution and didn't even realize it stopped working (well being an option) after this mod.

No pressure at all, but any guess on when the discount option (I guess it would be a discount code type of thing, right?) would be added?

@ Mark...

Darn it, tried it, no joy. Can't be that difficult, tried about 10 variations without a solution.

Any other ideas?

Timmy C

You have the right idea, you are just changing the wrong part of the code.

Find this:

<div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

and add this:

<div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

It has a padding of 10px. 20 is too much and will mess up the rest of the columns.

You also want to add the same to:

<div class="left wid200"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Like this:

<div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

So that the heading and the info line up.

I also added a space between the product images too.

To do that create a new class under the <style> at the bottom like : .padtop5 {padding-top: 5px}

Then add it to the first div class for the shopping cart portion:

Here is my code as a reference:

echo '<div class="contentText padtop5">
		 <div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>
   <div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . tep_draw_input_field('qty[' . $products[$i]['id'] . ']', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="2" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '"') . '</div>
   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</div>
   <div class="left wid25 t-right iconred mrt5 pointer" id="cartDelete" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '">✘</div>
  </div>';

Hopefully all of that made sense to you.. :)

Edited by varina

I'm finding the product image to the left of the product description text is a bit large; image crowds the description. Any way to make the image display about 2/3 current size?

Timmy C

The image size is based on your Small Image Width and Height from the admin side, just like your product listing.

You could change it by defining a new image size for the shopping cart. You would have to add it to the configuration section of your sql database. The OTF Thumbnailer has instructions on how to create a new image size definition and add it to your database. It is in the bonus section of the installation instructions.

If you fix the spacing issues (like I described in the previous post) the checkout page looks much better.

@@apolyshow

This isn't a thread for the postcode contribution. You can either email me directly with the country/postcode that failed, or you can start a general thread requesting help with restoring the default osc countries and zones in your database. That is a general question that anyone can answer, but it does not belong in this thread.

@@ggrant3

Writing a manufacturing mod for my back-end right now. (It's gonna be sweeeeeet). I'm looking at a solid few weeks on that. When I get back to the front end, I'll work on the shopping cart as well as discounts. Honestly, it might be a couple months before you see anything out of me, but that's not to say someone else can't try to navigate their way around and get something going.

@@surrfman

Go to your admin panel, configuration, images. That's where you change your image size.

The pixel width of your spaces never changes. If you add 20 pixels to one column, then you need to REMOVE 20 pixels from another column for them to fit in the same space. Or, likewise, if you're adding 20px of padding or margin, you need to remove 20px of padding/margin/or usable space. Space allocation will vary from one theme to the next, but the amount of space available will never vary.

Tutorial aside, if you want to add a 10px padding (which I suggest over a 20px pad), then,

FIND:

<div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

Change to:

<div class="left" style="width:190px; padding-left:10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

FIND:

<div class="left wid200"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Change to:

<div class="left" style="width:190px; padding-left:10px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

if 10 doesn't work, then change it to 180 and 20, or 185 and 15 or whatever works. But, your item titles need to fit in the space you leave them.

Ladies... Thanks for the input! Can't do the change in admin as I already use the small image width for the catagory images on the home page; also the specials and featured items are under SIW control. Tried Jetta's suggestion to add padding, & decrease width.... no joy!

@ Jetta

I have tried the changes to the header and checkout, you sent over. got rid of the extra set of buttons, while dropping the breadcrumb guys down a line, tried fixing it,,, darn thing just doesn't like me. IE just keeps doing an endless processing dance, Firefox returns a "Error : null" pop-up, clicking out of it, allows use of the page. I found something interesting, OPC adds a folder with checkout.php and several of it's buddy files; while OPC is turned off, there is code scattered yjrough out, could that be my problem? For now, I went back to my header and checkout files before your suggestion.

Is there a way too add something to the log-in box? I had a couple people run the through the buying process, both gave fedback that there needs to be some explaination of what is happening when the box pops-up, Maybe a text explaination as to what just happened, what the buyer is looking at, "welcome", How would I hake that happened? Most people aren't as intuative as us!

Back to sleep for a while... crazy me writing at 6:00 in the morn!

Timmy C

Why is it the what should be simple stuff is always a pain in the buttocks<

Timmy C

wasn't cognicent in my earlier post, awake now!

there, if I remember, are a couple image sizes available in admin panel. I don't think I used the large guy (but might somewhere, will check later,) I could change the call out in the checkout file to that size then adjust it to the required at about 80 pixels square? If not, then go the route Varina suggested.

just me rambling, gotta do a morning road trip to Canton, Michigan, check in later.

Timmy C

Drivin' I-96 the light bulb went off! what kinda trouble would I run into removing the bits and pieces of the old OPC and the PWA? I made copies of all the original files, could use file compare tool to make sure I wasn'rt missing something I changed.

What should I look for that might give me fits?

Timmy C