• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

Thanks so much for this addon , really nice work but my problem im getting a error from paypal

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

im using paypal payments standard

also the Quantity field ( im using OSC for paying rent online and setting the amount of rent as the quantity the price $1.00) every time I try to input say 300 I can only input 1 number at a time, this may be confusing to tenant

also since im not shipping a product I dont want any shipping I tried taking out shipping methods

and I get error Shipping selection error you must select shipping method, but when I turn on shipping with zero amount no error but I prefer not to show shipping

Thank you so much for this excellent addon

@@fulluvscents, still the same undefined error. I tried a few things myself, with the same results. This crazy, there's no error in the code, and yet... argh!

Hi Jetta,

I have finally got around to testing your baby (w00t) and wow I like it!

I too also get the parse error when creating an account but if you then click the checkout button again the account has been created and goes direct to the payment/shipping page.

A couple of suggestions I have are:

1. The input fields seem a little short in width, maybe it would be worth adding an extra css style to define the width of the input fields.

2. A thought would be to not show the 'Sign In' or 'Guest Checkout' buttons if the customer has opted to create an account. If anything a 'Back' button would be more suitable if anything. The same would also apply for the buttons on the guest checkout.

Apart from the above I can not think of anything else, great work, very well done.

Mark

@@pantarra

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

I'm not sure about that one.

every time I try to input say 300 I can only input 1 number at a time

in checkout.php, FIND:

$('input', $('#cartContent')).bind('keyup', checkout.cartUpdate);

change to:

$('input', $('#cartContent')).bind('change', checkout.cartUpdate);

also since im not shipping a product I dont want any shipping

I uploaded a new version (1.4) to fix this. I do believe the general consensus is that a cart weight of zero means that no shipping should be required.

Hi Jetta,

I have finally got around to testing your baby (w00t) and wow I like it!

I too also get the parse error when creating an account but if you then click the checkout button again the account has been created and goes direct to the payment/shipping page.

A couple of suggestions I have are:

1. The input fields seem a little short in width, maybe it would be worth adding an extra css style to define the width of the input fields.

2. A thought would be to not show the 'Sign In' or 'Guest Checkout' buttons if the customer has opted to create an account. If anything a 'Back' button would be more suitable if anything. The same would also apply for the buttons on the guest checkout.

Apart from the above I can not think of anything else, great work, very well done.

Mark

The undefined error reference above was related to an add-on, not part of the checkout. This is the first I've heard of the parse error on create account. I'm interested in seeing it, since I'm not able to replicate it.

Styling is a matter of personal preference. Just change/add/remove classes and apply them as you see fit. Classes are in the <style> tags and the input fields are at the bottom of the page, with a little bit scrambled through the top 1/3 of the page ($action section).

A back button could be implemented, but honestly, it is what it is now, and unless it's a certifiable bug, I don't plan on changing anything else.

The undefined error reference above was related to an add-on, not part of the checkout. This is the first I've heard of the parse error on create account. I'm interested in seeing it, since I'm not able to replicate it.

Unfortunately I am running the test store locally so can not show you the error happening. The store is vanilla with no mods done.

Styling is a matter of personal preference. Just change/add/remove classes and apply them as you see fit. Classes are in the <style> tags and the input fields are at the bottom of the page, with a little bit scrambled through the top 1/3 of the page ($action section).

A back button could be implemented, but honestly, it is what it is now, and unless it's a certifiable bug, I don't plan on changing anything else.

I have already started styling the fields.

Mark

I'm trying to merge OPC second version with UPSXML, USPS and Authorize.net. There isn't an emoticon ever created to express the frustration. lol!

I've followed OPC since PupStar's original post.

It doesn't seem like too unusual a configuration, so I was wondering if anybody has successfully gotten OPC to work with Authorize and UPS?

@@dog-toyz

The dialog boxes are in the following code:

Find:

$('#message').dialog(
 {
 shadow: true,
 modal: false,
 draggable: false,
 resizable: false,
 closeOnEscape: false,
 position: ['center', 50],
 width: 480,
 height: 75,
 open: function ()
  {
  $('.ui-dialog-titlebar', $(this).parent()).hide();
  setTimeout(function (){$('#message').dialog('close');$('#messagecontent').empty();}, 2000);
  }
 });
$('#loader').dialog(
 {
 shadow: false,
 modal: true,
 position: ['center', 100],
 width: 75,
 height: 100,
  {
  $('.ui-dialog-titlebar', $(this).parent()).hide();
  $(this).parent().addClass('nobord');
  },
 });
 $('#account').dialog(
 {
 shadow: true,
 width: 400,

$('#addresses').dialog(
{
shadow: false,
modal: true,
width: 400,

Under position: change the number 100 to move the placement of the boxes up or down.

Thanks for your reply, now I'm having trouble with the box when it expands as I need it to be inside another div so it expands with it.

Is there any way I can place the dialog boxes inside another div?

e.g.

<div class="contentContainer">
<div class="contentPadd">
DIALOG BOXES
</div>
</div>

thank you for your help

I reinstalled everything from scratch I have no other addons when I use paypal express it works fin, but i need customer to be loged in so paypal express dosnt work for me when I use paypal standard I still get this message from paypal

thanks agin for your help

@@Tabula_Rasa, this ain't OPC. This is completely new work written from scratch by the most honorable @@fulluvscents, the OP of this thread.

Thanks. Sorry. I found this with the deprecation of OPC and figured it was a do-over. :D

Anyway, the question stands: Authorize, UPS, USPS? :D

so are you using OPC or Simple Checkout???

I started using versions of OPC, but when I got to the end of the OPC forum thread, I followed the instructions to deprecate OPC and install the new version ...?

I have a back-up of every version I've gone through before any changes, so I can back up.

I started using versions of OPC, but when I got to the end of the OPC forum thread, I followed the instructions to deprecate OPC and install the new version ...?

I have a back-up of every version I've gone through before any changes, so I can back up.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/374407-one-page-checkout-for-oscommerce-231/page__st__160 page 9 and 10.

thank you for your help

I reinstalled everything from scratch I have no other addons when I use paypal express it works fin, but i need customer to be loged in so paypal express dosnt work for me when I use paypal standard I still get this message from paypal

thanks agin for your help

Paypal express works but I need user to be loged in is there away to take off paypal express button from the shopping cart.php page? everything would work then

Paypal express works but I need user to be loged in is there away to take off paypal express button from the shopping cart.php page? everything would work then

to remove the option from shopping_cart.php comment out this code:

<?php
   $initialize_checkout_methods = $payment_modules->checkout_initialization_method();
   if (!empty($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right" style="clear: both; padding: 15px 50px 0 0;"><?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS; ?></p>
<?php
  reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
  while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right"><?php echo $value; ?></p>
<?php
  }
   }
?>

Regards

Mark

Hi all

I've installed this add-on using the 'drop-on-top' method. I renamed the sql.txt to sql.php and ran by calling from /website/sql.php, is this the correct way? I'm thinking not...

When I go into admin > configuration I do not have a checkout option.

This is on a fresh install of OSC, downloaded and installed yesterday.

I really like the idea of improving the checkout process, a long drawn-out process always puts me off making online purchases.

thanks

@@oxwivi

Awe, you're sweet, but be nice.

@@dog-toyz

Yes. The jquery for the dialogs is in the place varina pointed out. The html for the divs is at the bottom of the checkout.php file with IDs to identify them. Just wrap your divs around those.

@@Tabula_Rasa

edited - I missed an entire page of discussion. I see (or at least it appears) that you've got it figured out now.

Edited by fulluvscents

Thanks for converting this for me. Unfortunately it didn't do what it was supposed to. I got a input text box instead of my item name. Without any coding in checkout.php I got the same thing yesterday. So it looked all pretty but didn't do anything. :(

I double checked the add on's coding in 3 page checkout, and while it kind of worked, it didn't quite give me what I wanted with more than one item in the cart.

I need to abandon that add on and find a better one. Grr...

It is so annoying that they changed the Paypal checkout from v 2.2. I really liked the itemized descriptions...now I have to try and find something else that will work.

Same issue here as Varina had with the product descriptions carrying through to PayPal. Looks like she used the same mod I did. It works on the stock 2.3.1 checkout process but I tried to install this on Simble Checkout and on a trial run up to the PayPal page, where the Store and/or the Product used to be was a blank box.

So that would be good to have sometime along the way.

BTW...just installed this yesterday and was pleased not only that the checkout was consolidated efficiently but the presentation of the checkout page is very professional. I like the way the existing shop color scheme carries through on the checkout page. Outstanding work Jetta.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

thank you for your help

I reinstalled everything from scratch I have no other addons when I use paypal express it works fine, but i need customer to be loged in so paypal express dosnt work for me when I use paypal standard I still get this message from paypal

although paypal express works paypal shows the transaction on paypal looks like this

Pay Rent OnlinePay Rent Online $575.00

• Item number: 29
  • Item price: $1.00 <======I dont want this showing
  • Quantity: 575 <======I dont want this showing

when I use paypal standard without 1 page checkout payment goes threw paypal displays this which I prefer, notice item price and quanity

Tenants Payments OnlineTenants Payments Online $575.00

• Item price: $575.00
  • Quantity: 1

when I use your excellent mod with no addons I get the error above, I have the OCS product set to $1.00 and use the quanity to adjust the rent amount to whatever the renters rent is..

Id love to have your addon working but I have to use only paypal standard not paypay express

paypal express works paypal standarrd dosnt work

Please help

Thank You so much

@@oxwivi

After fussing with it for two days, where I could either get PPExpress to work, or the other mods to work, I realized that with the single page checkout, the only way to use PP Express correctly was to use the button and allow immediate (Express) checkout. However, after moving that code around in checkout_confirmation, it might be possible now to do it the way I originally planned. I will try to look into that again but I've got a few other projects I have to finish up.

Regarding PayPal. First, I want to say that there is nothing about PayPal that I like. That being out of the way:

Before anything can be done or recommended, it needs to be clarified whether you are using the stock paypal mods. If contributions, then that's really a creature I don't want to mess with, myself.

If these are stock mods, then the second thing is to test with the stock checkout versus the simple checkout and see if they act differently.

If they are the same between normal checkout and this checkout, then it is a MOD issue, and something you want to bring up in the appropriate threads for those mods. If they are different, then it is an issue with THIS checkout and something that I need to look into.

How your products display after you leave the checkout and go to the PP page is set up through the mod itself, not the checkout. BUT, if for some reason the checkout isn't setting the correct information before you get there, then that is a checkout problem.

The short of it is that before I'll look into anything, I need to know that the mod is a stock mod, and that it is not functionally acting the same in this checkout as it is in the stock checkout.

I hope all that made sense.

for me the standard paypal works fine without the 1 page checkout ( I turn off 1 page checkout and also have 2 versions install 1 with your addon 1 without) standard paypal check works fine when 1 page checkout isnt install or when I turn off 1 page checkout

yet paypal express works for me but its display in paypal dosnt work for me

but when I turn on 1 page checkout I get that error

im using the paypal addon thats part of OSCs 2.31 installation, Paypal is I think the #1 method of paying online, I would never put my CC number anywhere especially on ebay or and shopping cart

Thanks again your addon looks great