fulluvscents

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

@@vampirehunter

I haven't, no. After trying to get Simple Checkout working and failing I decided to stick to the basic osC checkout for a while. Then I found this thread that discusses the pros and cons. I use PayPal Express as my main payment method so at the time I was looking for a shorter checkout experience because PayPal adds at least two pages to my checkout. I finally decided that a more clearly defined and smoother checkout was the answer instead.

It's probably possible to combine the steps into one but it would be very complex and you may end up with the same issues as Simple Checkout in the end anyway.

@@nobodyfamous

You're welcome. The worst thing about osC is also the best thing about it; it's basic and standard. It gives you the tools to do what you want and change it how you see fit but at the expense of features or functionality out-of-the-box. It's possible to have the web shop you want but it's takes time (and usually experience) that most people just don't have. Of course, a decent developer would help enormously if the money is available...

v3.x is looking nice so far. 2.4 is my next point of call though. Just for laughs, mind you. I don't think I could port my site to 2.4 as I've got it now.

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

Have a problem with multiple tax lines, where the two taxes need to be on seperate lines. When I use Simple Checkout,

I see the taxes totalled, and descriptions combined. Am I heading in the wrong direction, or do I need to modify ot_total,and simple checkout to make that work ....

Confused.

Edited by bytemyborg

this plugin is abandoned according to most on here, so you're best bet is to not use it and just survive!

if a plugin doesn't work after a hundred hacks, then you know its very bad!

save your time and life and wellbeing by not bothering!

Hi, This module works great.

I am trying to install country based shipping but it doesnt work. any idea on how it can be implemented?

Hi Jetta, I hope you are doing well... I have found an error in Simple Checkout feature in which if user does not select any payment method and error "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class payment in /home/xxxxxxx/includes/classes/payment.php on line 13" is displayed, I am working trying to get this fixed but no success, hopefully you have the time to do it. Thanks

On the checkout.php page, when I click continue at the bottom after filling out the information, it check sends me back to checkout.php. Why wont it continue to the next page? Any ideas?

Thanks

i tried installing separate shipping per product along with this module and found this module not working. it is a pity that the efforts was good with this module but in reality is not usable. i am not a programmer but i think every addon should be vetted by atleast ten members before it is available as a download so that people dont waste days trying to resolve the issues. this makes the product better and also more usable to the general public.

Thanks for your best contribution.

Can I konw whether you can add "Purchase Without Account" function on later?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

First i want to say that this is a very great add-on and it's a must have for all shops.

But I have an issue with the tax calculation on the payment page of Paypal.

On the page checkout.php the tax is correctly calculated from the products and shipping costs but when I click on the continue button than and i'm going to the payment page of Paypal.

The TAX from the products are calculate correct but the tax from the shipping cost is not included the total order overview.

The TAX from the shipping costs is missing!

Do any one have a suggestion???

any like this exmaple layout for this module? thanks!

sunrice99 is it possible that you let my know the checkout.php code that you have us.

Hope to hear from you soon

Any one. Please help with the shipping TAX calculation. The TAX calculation is not send right to paypal.

Hope to hear from anyone soon :D Thanks :rolleyes:

Simple Checkout appears to be abandoned by the author. No posts by the author since 2013. Authors example website also abandoned back in 2013 when examined using Archive.org's wayback machine...

Time to move on to another One Page Checkout....