• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

There was a comma where there shouldn't have been, and a span without a closing bracket (>)

The span itself should have destroyed the script in any browser, but it didn't.

In your local TEST files from the v2.2 contribution, do the following and please post back if that fixes anything that you're experiencing.

Line 360:

.on('click', '#submitCreate, #submitGuest', function(){if ($('#NewAccount .required_icon:visible').size() > 0) alert('<?php echo MESSAGE_FIELDS_REQUIRED;?>');else if ($('#NewAccount .error_icon:visible').size() > 0) alert('<?php echo MESSAGE_FIELDS_ERROR;?>');else {$('#NewAccount').find('input, select, textarea').each(function(){if ($(this).val() == $(this).attr('title')) $(this).val('');});$.post(url,'action='+$(this).attr('id')+'&'+$('#NewAccount').find('input, select, textarea').serialize(),function(data){if (data.msg != '') alert(data.msg);if (data.status == 'success'){$('#Account').dialog('destroy');$('#checkout').show().find('#shippingAddress, #billingAddress').trigger('refresh').end().find('#cartContent').parent().load(url +' #cartContent', function(){$('#cartContent').trigger('refresh');});$('#NewAccount').dialog('destroy');}else alert('<?php echo MESSAGE_ACCOUNT_ERROR;?>');}, 'json');}});});},

Remove the comma from the end of that line.

Line 426:

<div class="cartRow6 cartDelete" data-pID="'.$products[$i]['id'].'"><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-trash"</span></div>

Change to:

<div class="cartRow6 cartDelete" data-pID="'.$products[$i]['id'].'"><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-trash"></span></div>

I am running this through an IE tester. I still have two issues from my end. The first is the cart delete button not working. The second is that shipping resets to cheapest method when payment is selected (but my radio buttons stay checked). The first works fine in other browsers that I've tested, but the second is across all browsers.

@@surrfman

I don't think anyone is interested in entertaining bogus workarounds. Let's get this thing fixed. The old OPC for 2.2 is how old now? I can tell you for a fact that the latest contribution STILL has bugs with fixes that have never been publicly posted. This was just contributed a few months ago. I am not about to leave it hanging with bugs and half cocked "fixes" that don't really fix anything.

@@ggrant3

Read one of my very first posts about the guest checkout. I wrote it that way and knew that I wrote it that way. When I've dealt with the bugs/browser issues, I will consider providing instructions that take the "guest" checkout a step further. I still say if they come back, they aren't a guest. They are a client. At this point, that is not a bug. It was intentional.

A few hours later and here I am again.

Instead of those two modifications, just check the test site again. I got more done than I expected.

Jetta, my ie is 9.0 64 bit, but I ran a test anyway. Did the COD option, all OK.

FYI only for you and thanks for your work.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@fulluvscents

I can understand your point about "if they come back they aren't a guest", but my view is that a lot of people (myself included) just don't want to register with all of their information at every place they shop because they feel like it will open up the doorway to spam, mail marketing, cold calls, etc.

Yes, even with a regular order their information is supplied, but it is supplied only with the intent of receiving their goods or being contacted "if there is a problem".

I personally hate being required to sign up on various websites and I normally don't, I just leave and find someone else selling the same item that doesn't require me to sign up.

Also, being setup the way you have it/designed it, how are they even suppose to be able to login when they come back the second time? Because they would be told their email already exists in the system and they need to login. But if they never "signed up" in the first place, then they never created a password. So technically it would be impossible for them to sign up with their original email.

That means that "if" they decided to sign up this time (on their second visit, and they aren't already frustrated enough) they would have to use a different email address this time only adding to their frustration.

i have not been around for a long time, but i am testing to see if i can upgrade my store.

i just installed your contribution and i am having a problem.

my left and right columns are not showing up., any idea as to what is happening.

also in the old fec checkout when a guest would register an @ would be added to the beginning of his email address so he could not login.

@@ggrant3

In my site I need only Guest accounts, with Name, Surname, Company name, Country, Phone and E-mail.

So I use v1.6 of Simple Checkout (in v2.2 it's similar).

!!! This is not recommended if you need standart account !!!

In checkout.php I remove:

else
   {
   $check_email_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($_POST['email']) . "'");
   $check_email = tep_db_fetch_array($check_email_query);
   if ($check_email['total'] > 0)
 {
 $return['status'] = 'error';
 $return['msg'] = ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_ERROR_EXISTS;
 $return['action'] = 'login';
 }
   }

Then I remove all unnecessary fields and payment option.

My focus is on the fact that the latest version is not working in all browsers, and I personally like it better than the previous one, as do some others. It works in chrome, mozilla, and IE 9. The issues known exist in IE8 and Safari. At this point, since the updates I made, I've been informed that there are still issues in Safari.

I'm using an IE tester, but the tester itself is not accurate. None of them are. I'm also testing in IE9 under IE8 mode, but this is also not accurate because IE9 does not imitate IE8's javascript program, which is precisely what I need. My only other resorts are the feedback of others, or using virtual machines which extends beyond anything that I care to do, since I'm not willing to go out and BUY the operating systems that I need to run these browsers. So, it comes down to feedback.

I'm going to download Safari for PC and test that as well, but I'm not sure how this will compare to safari on mac.

@@tapa

Thank you for posting that.

@@ggrant3

I am not here to debate the semantics of a guest checkout. I already KNOW the points that you've made. I contributed a "single page checkout" with an optional guest checkout feature and made it clear at that time that I did not put a lot of focus in the guest checkout aspect, and I am not up to debating the reasons why. Take it or leave it or make it work the way you want it to, until something better comes along. If I extend the instructions in the next upload for a full fledged guest checkout, then take advantage of that.

@@altoid

Thank you as well.

You guys are really entertaining, great to get a chuckle just before the Sprint Cup race begins!!!

Anyway... did some checking on getting legacy versions of Internet Explorer to run on Windows 7... If the Windows 7 machine is running anything other than the base "home" version, yer already set-up to run the included "Windows XP" compatibilty mode feature; It is a full version of XP SP3 which should include IE8. From my understanding, seems both IE9 and IE 8 can be run almost, if not simutaneously. The feature was designed for the business user to accept migrating to Windows 7 while mitigating expenses of a complete change of program software.

Here is a link to the info: blog.dotsmart.net/2009/06/24/using-windows-7s-xp-mode-to-run-ie-6-and-ie-7-side-by-side/]

@ ggrant3... Dude, we aren't gonna get this guy just the way you want it! Sit back and watch until this gets hashed through, then take it to a paid code guy. That's my plan, then I'll turn it back over to the community. One of my dream features would be be able to select fields (especially that one for all those foreign countries, USAofA should always be first,) and sort order in the admin panel. Maybe that guest idea could be a future update, as I echo your thoughts on pissin' off customers with unecessary exhanges of info.

@ fulluvscents... "Bogus" Ouch, ya got me back!!!

Tony Stewart starts 23rd... he'll pull out the win TodayI!! When I fielded my Karting Team, he was just a 15 year old teenager!

Have a great Sunday!!!!

Timmy C

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I still say if they come back, they aren't a guest. They are a client. At this point, that is not a bug. It was intentional.

Ummm... What about an option to decide in Admin?

A guest will be a guest until he ' s gettin tired to write each time all his info down .

Admin decide.

In my case I prefer to deal with people knowing their contacts and info.

But not all are like me... Some just needs to be payed not interesting in their info

@@surrfman

I have names and contact info.

Agree with you Thats the way i prefer

Edited by Brainbug125

@@ggrant3

Take it or leave it or make it work the way you want it to, until something better comes along. If I extend the instructions in the next upload for a full fledged guest checkout, then take advantage of that.

Yup....agree

Wow, really??

Why is everyone coming down on me when I just asked a simple (and valid) question?

I completely understand Jetta isn't building this specifically for me. In fact maybe someone could point out the post where I gave a list of demands, because I can't seem to find one.

I appreciate not only her work but everyone's work on here that designs and "gives away" contributions to modify people's sites for various wanted/needed functions that aren't standard.

I simply brought up a concern which also included what I thought was an error. I still don't see how if a customer signs out as a guest on their first visit and then comes back a week later to purchase again how they will be able to "login" in with the previously used email address. Because it prevents them from using that address again unless they login, but I just don't see how they can login if they never created a password. I thought it was an error that needed to be addressed. Apparently it isn't since Jetta said that is the way she designed it.

@@ggrant3... No one is coming down on you, don't take responses so personal!

i'm with ya on whole guest idea; kinda next to impossible to log-in a week later with "non exsistant" password!

Kinda defeats the part & parcel idea of a simple one-pager checkout, with semi-"guest checkout" features!

I'm lov'n it!!!! Ya'll come back now, hear!!!

... but I just don't see how they can login if they never created a password. ...

They can use 'Password forgotten' option and get new password to previously used email address.

Edited by tapa

It is difficult to keep up with the test site as now it seems to be back to something other than the newest version. kinda ressembles something seen in past renditions, like OPC or the out of the box stocker... what gives?

@@tapa... but without something telling the returning guest customer, they will not know to go to the lost password link. i've been dealing with customers for 40 years now, unless you spell it out, they will not look or find or buy from you.

This whole simpler page checkout thing is to make the purchase easier, am I not right?

it's just like having to select a country out of a list of a hundreds, that's irritating, with the USofA near the bottom (that to me is just disrespectful, but that is just me the patriotic talking,) but it must be done in an out of chronological order, before the wanting to hand over their cash customer can then run back up the list enter more info. if it's required before adding something in the logical order, then it shouldn't come before in the fill-in the boxes logical order?

And while I'm here having another wide-awake at 2 in the morning thingy, the whole idea of asking a gender thing might even throw up a go buy somewhere else red flag too. If the order filler person can't see the name is a certain gender then the order filler person needs a little schooling in gender naming conventions. It is offensive to some, and may even be illegal too?

Keep your eyes peeled to the North sky the next couple nights... got another CME slamming us from the Sun, may see the Northern Lights!

It is difficult to keep up with the test site as now it seems to be back to something other than the newest version. kinda ressembles something seen in past renditions, like OPC or the out of the box stocker... what gives?

Yeah, sorry about that. Give it a couple days (2 or 3 maybe). There were way too many bugs, and I stripped the entire thing down. Adding it back one piece at a time.

Hey, a very late welcome back! I myself returned from a trip out of country, just when my (free) host started giving me issues related to PHP versions, I think. And my brother gutted the whole thing while I was away.

Anyway, bottom line, thank you very much for the new releases! I look forward to installing them on a proper paid host,

Hello, thank you for the great package. I've got a little problem with the latest version. After the installation is completed, I've started to test your package, when I hit on the 'Guest checkout' or other variants of login, fill the form and hit "Guest checkout", nothing happens. The script posts the info to the checkout.php script and returns:

{"login":"","msg":"","status":"success"}

But after that nothing happens and the Account details dialog is still appears. Only if I manually go to the checkout.php, it shows me the contents of my shopping cart and payment method without showing an option to choose shipping method. To reproduce, you may go to the shop.karam.org.ua

Thank you for the help.

Ah, looks like SCO has changed a lot since it's younger days. I can no longer find the line you told me to change for static display of product quantity.

//FIND
<div class="left wid75 t-center">' . tep_draw_input_field('qty[' . $products[$i]['id'] . ']', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="2" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '"') . '</div>
//REPLACE WITH
<div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $products[$i]['quantity'] . '</div>

I can not get PayPal Express Checkout to work with this...Whenever I hit submit after filling in everything needed I get taken back a page with a message saying:

A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.

Please give me some help on how to get this working..

Thanks.

Edited by [email protected]

I will be uploading another release soon.

I am asking for browser testing again.

First, turn off java in your browser, and test it that way. Then, turn java back on and test it with java on. It should work with or without java.

The guest option will no longer be a part of the checkout itself. I've written a second script for guest checkout which will work in both a stock checkout and Simple Checkout. The second script is a full guest checkout script that will store customer information under a single customer ID no matter how many times they checkout as a guest. It provides the customer with the convenience of a shorter form, and the shop owner with organized records and accurate reports.

Discount codes will work in this checkout like they would in the stock checkout, but each discount contribution will need to be integrated differently. There is a specific area left free for discount code input fields (to the left of the order totals, below the cart contents). Before I upload the next version, I will install the discount codes for 2.3.1 contribution, so that I can supply instructions. I believe that one is the easiest discount mod to integrate with this.

I will not upload this until I've received feedback from Safari and IE8> users. After it is confirmed that the script on the test site works in all browsers, with and without java, and poses no functional issues, I will package the two scripts up and release them.