• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

As suggested in the latest version (v3.05) I installed this contribution along with two others:

1. Consolidated Login with Guest Checkout

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8434

2. Discount Coupon Codes for 2.3.1

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7700

I made sure to use the "Compatibility Files" supplied with v3.05.

I am having the following problems:

1. The discount code is not applied. When I enter in the corret code I just see the spinning gear... it never updates with a pass/fail icon, nor does it subtract from the order totals.

2. If the "Continue" button is pressed without selecting a payment method it just goes to a blank screen.

3. In Admin->Orders when I attempt to update an order it just goes to a blank screen. If I hit the back button it will normally update the order as intended but I have seen it mysteriously delete the order. I'm not sure if this problem is related to this add-on but the only other add-on I've installed is SEO URLs, which shouldn't touch admin orders.

Any thoughts as to these problems?

Edited by Sethman

I love this great addon, but I have to disable it when work with "Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.3.1"

I have tried to modify the file "checkout.php" to make both addon work together but failed. It will be highly appreciated if you can show me what missed in the following why the variable "$coupon" or "$order->coupon" is blank.

My modifications of the file "checkout.php" are:

1/. Between Lines 480 and 481

479 if (isset($_POST['comments']) && tep_not_null($_POST['comments'])){

//kgt - discount coupons

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');

//this needs to be set before the order object is created, but we must process it after

$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);

//end kgt - discount coupons

481 if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('commen ts');}

482 if (isset($_POST['action']) && $_POST['action'] == 'process' && isset($_POST['fo rmid']) && $_POST['formid'] == $sessiontoken)

480 $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['comments']);

2/. Between Lines 499 and 500

499 $payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();

//kgt - discount coupons

if( tep_not_null( $coupon ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) { //if they have entered something in the coupon field

$order->coupon->verify_code();

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG != 'true' ) {

if( !$order->coupon->is_errors() ) { //if we have passed all tests (no error message), make sure we still meet free shipping requirements, if any

if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method

} else {

if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon'); //remove the coupon from the session

tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode( implode( ' ', $order->coupon->get_messages() ) ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the payment page

}

}

} else { //if the coupon field is empty, unregister the coupon from the session

if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) { //we had a coupon entered before, so we need to unregister it

tep_session_unregister('coupon');

//now check to see if we need to recalculate shipping:

require_once( DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );

if( discount_coupon::is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method

}

}

//end kgt - discount coupons

500 unset($_POST['payment']);

501 unset($_POST['shipping']);

502 unset($_POST['comments']);

3/. Between Lines 763 and 764

762 ?>

763 </div>

<?php /* kgt - discount coupons */

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {

?>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText">

</div>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON.' '.tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"', $coupon); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

/* end kgt - discount coupons */ ?>

764 <div id="cartRefresh" class="contentText">

765 <div class="right"><?php echo tep_draw_b utton(IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE); ?></div>

If both addon merge in the file "checkout.php", it will look like the following:

Discount Coupon testing001 applied: -$2.40 Sub-Total: $21.60 Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00 Total: $26.60

YaNotCook !!

Hello, Sethman

>If the "Continue" button is pressed without selecting a payment method it just goes to a blank screen.

Ans: It could be numbers of open/close tags not match, such as <table> </table>, <div> </div> ... or even "<?php " " ?>" , "{ " or " }" . It is painful and could need to print about 1000 lines for code tracing.

:P :x

YaNotCook !!

I used osCommerce previously (2004-2009) and ran a successful business with it. As my needs progressed I modified that site, and I remember it was an everday thing installing new functionality/features. After attempting to get another site running for the last few months, I've realized how much effort needs to be put in just to get a basic functional site, so I've decided to switch. I feel like osC needs to rethink its approach. I mean, honestly, what ecommerce site has a 5+ page checkout process?

I'm moving to Drupal + Ubercart. This combos seems to come with so much more functionality out-of-the-box. Best of luck with contributions like this that are so promising but fail to work... which is one of the biggest reasons I'm switching. It's so confusing digging through all the available contribs, not knowing which ones are the most popular/used and are still maintained.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't end up back here eating my words.

I used osCommerce previously (2004-2009) and ran a successful business with it. As my needs progressed I modified that site, and I remember it was an everday thing installing new functionality/features. After attempting to get another site running for the last few months, I've realized how much effort needs to be put in just to get a basic functional site, so I've decided to switch. I feel like osC needs to rethink its approach. I mean, honestly, what ecommerce site has a 5+ page checkout process?

I'm moving to Drupal + Ubercart. This combos seems to come with so much more functionality out-of-the-box. Best of luck with contributions like this that are so promising but fail to work... which is one of the biggest reasons I'm switching. It's so confusing digging through all the available contribs, not knowing which ones are the most popular/used and are still maintained.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't end up back here eating my words.

I have to agree with you, its about time oscommerce added more functionality as standard, but as yet nothing seems to be being done. Everything seems to fall on deaf ears. Oscommerce is falling behind the competition, and no one seems to care. Thats why the new website does not list features and has no comparison with other open source software stores. Its more meant for developers, who will add what a customer wants, and not really aimed at a store owner who wants all the bells and whistles from standard.

Rant over again.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 weeks later...

@@zigzac

FWIW, I'm running into the same problem as well. On my site, it doesn't kill the checkout process or anything, but I'm trying to get the whole site debugged and free of errors and notices. Need a stable environment before I can start optimizing queries and the like. Let me know how you fare.

Another error I'm running into here is a 'Cannot redeclare function()' that is referenced from template_top.php. I've found the block of code responsible, but can't seem to do anything about it and keep the page actually working.

Anyone willing to shed some light??

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning.

If anyone still reads this thread I'm hoping that one of you can help me. I have Simple Checkout, Discount Code and Consolidated Login installed (all latest versions) and I like the way that they work together but I cannot get Simple Checkout to pass guest information correctly.

When you try to buy something without an account and input your guest information it doesn't pass that information to the checkout page. If you then refresh the checkout page you get the guests name and address but no payment and shipping selection. If you leave that page, visit a different part of the site and then come back to it everything is fine.

Consequently, when you try to move on to payment the first time round (I only use PayPal at the moment) you get a blank page because it either hasn't sent the correct/full info or hasn't got a payment type selected.

You can try this yourself. My site is in my profile.

The osC version and Add-on's I use are in my signature for reference. More info? Just ask.

If this is too much or can't be fixed then can someone throw me a link to a shorter checkout option that I could try?

It's a shame that Jetta seems to have vanished.

Not enough time in the day. Need a time machine...

Would build one, but not enough time. Ironically.

• 2 months later...

Having a weird problem with this addon. If I enable it I get a redirect loop but disable it then the site works fine.

Here's my list addons to my 2.3.3 store;

• Security Pro 2.0 r11
  • Ultimate SEO URLS 5 Pro R205
  • Header Tags SEO V3.2.9
  • Modular Front Page 1.3.6
  • Theme Switcher 1.4.2
  • Easy Populate V2.8.231
  • Sales Report 2.3.1

If anyone could help then that would be great.

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am using your simple checkout contribution. Thank you for the wonderful contribution.

I have few problems when I use the contribution on our site. Our site is located at http://thecyclebarn.com/newsite/newsites28

When I manually login before checkout it works ok.

But when I checkout normally it goes to a screen where the password is visible and even if I give the correct username and

password it doesnt let me login. And also I am not able to create account using New customer option.

Please help me out on this. It is very important.

I attach here the screen shots of checkout page with and without login.

http://thecyclebarn.com/newsite/newsites28/simple_checkout/image_after_logging.jpg

http://thecyclebarn.com/newsite/newsites28/simple_checkout/image_before_logging.jpg

Edited by sensex007

Does anyone know which file send the total order to Paypal Standard?

My discount is not being carried through to Paypal (or Authorize.net for that matter). I would like to edit that file to send the total (not the subtotal) to Paypal. I really don't care about things being itemized in Paypal.

ok this is probably an easy fix but im not proficient enough in php/html to find the error.

Problem: Checkout.php page when checking out before creating an account or login has bad formatting. So the login form is appearing at the top of the page and not in the content box.

Screenshot: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3CxGB1GO1OyM0Jia1pwRFdMY0U/edit?usp=drive_web

I have attached the checkout.php file.

if you can help or at least point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

checkout.php

I may have found a bug;

1. Create new account - enter bad info requiring a "please fix this" prompt, like an address/password that is too short, or bad email.

2. Fix the bad info, and click continue

3. On the checkout page, the shipping and billing address' are blank (see screen shot)

4. If you click continue you get this error "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class payment in /**site root**/includes/classes/payment.php on line 13"

Is anyone else having this issue? (this is a stock osC)

post-294616-0-14206300-1368717581_thumb.png

Edited by nobodyfamous

so I came up with a total hack to temporaray fix my issue. Is no one else having the same issue with addresses not poulating?

All I can figure is happening is after you "create a new account" the $customer_id is being populated with a number, but $sendto and $billto are remaining empty, but are required for the lines; tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, true, ' ', '<br />'); and tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br />');

So my hack was to insert this around line 530 before the template_top.php is included.

if(isset($customer_id) && !isset($sendto)) echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0">'; // hack to fix missing addresses

This sucks, but works for now. I feel the error is that the address handeling code is being skipped, or loaded too soon.

I do not understand and have not looked at the functions yet for tep_session_is_registered(), & tep_session_register()

Any Ideas?

@@samicon look in the compatability section, a guest checkout is already listed - add that one

Thanks. I just added that, that still needs user to enter account details first in a pop up for guest check out. Is it possible to waive this step to make user enter those account info in the checkout page? e.g. for guest, they can enter their account details, set shipping address, etc in a from in the check out page. Thats what our client requires.

Is there a simple way to do that? any suggestions?

Best,

Sam

@@vampirehunter

I've tried this on all the 2.3.x versions, both fresh installs, with other contributions and completely hacked to death. I've tried with and without the compatibilty files and Guest Checkout/Discount Codes and I've not got it to work properly, apart from once which seemed to be a fluke because I couldn't do it again. It's seems to be random. It probably isn't.

My biggest problems with it are:

1. It doesn't load at all and I get a blank screen.

2. It doesn't pass the information when a guest checks out.

3. The cart quite often doesn't show or breaks on the checkout page.

4. The discount isn't automatically updated when a code is entered (if you have Discount Codes installed). The page has to be refreshed to show the discount but you aren't told that.

Jetta had a nice idea but I think without a rewrite this isn't going to get better. It has too many bugs for me, but then other people don't seem to have a problem, so it could just be me. Also, if you want to put anything else in the checkout or login areas, such as Must Accept Terms and Conditions, it's a complete pain to find where to put it.

To be honest, though, I bought Better Checkout by mattjt83 recently and found that it's a much cleaner way of doing the checkout. Granted it costs money and it's still over more than one page but it doesn't crash half as often (i.e. at all) for me and has a guest function from the start.

Sorry to sound like I'm slating it. I don't mean to, it was a brilliant idea but I think it tries to do too much in one place.

EDIT: The guest contrib to use with this checkout is in the "compatibility_files" folder. It's this one:

Edited by g2777

@@vampirehunter

I've tried this on all the 2.3.x versions, both fresh installs, with other contributions and completely hacked to death. I've tried with and without the compatibilty files and Guest Checkout/Discount Codes and I've not got it to work properly, apart from once which seemed to be a fluke because I couldn't do it again. It's seems to be random. It probably isn't.

My biggest problems with it are:

1. It doesn't load at all and I get a blank screen.

2. It doesn't pass the information when a guest checks out.

3. The cart quite often doesn't show or breaks on the checkout page.

4. The discount isn't automatically updated when a code is entered (if you have Discount Codes installed). The page has to be refreshed to show the discount but you aren't told that.

Jetta had a nice idea but I think without a rewrite this isn't going to get better. It has too many bugs for me, but then other people don't seem to have a problem, so it could just be me. Also, if you want to put anything else in the checkout or login areas, such as Must Accept Terms and Conditions, it's a complete pain to find where to put it.

To be honest, though, I bought Better Checkout by mattjt83 recently and found that it's a much cleaner way of doing the checkout. Granted it costs money and it's still over more than one page but it doesn't crash half as often (i.e. at all) for me and has a guest function from the start.

Sorry to sound like I'm slating it. I don't mean to, it was a brilliant idea but I think it tries to do too much in one place.

EDIT: The guest contrib to use with this checkout is in the "compatibility_files" folder. It's this one:

have you tried to modify the better checkout plugin to fit on 1 page?

or would it be too complicated?

@@g2777 thanks for the heads up on better checkout - I like it, already sent an email. This one page is way too buggy. Next time around I think I will look into some other carts - there are so many options.

I hope 3.0 will be much better! I have been using osC for a long time now, but every cart just never seems to be finished. . .

@@vampirehunter

I haven't, no. After trying to get Simple Checkout working and failing I decided to stick to the basic osC checkout for a while. Then I found this thread that discusses the pros and cons. I use PayPal Express as my main payment method so at the time I was looking for a shorter checkout experience because PayPal adds at least two pages to my checkout. I finally decided that a more clearly defined and smoother checkout was the answer instead.

It's probably possible to combine the steps into one but it would be very complex and you may end up with the same issues as Simple Checkout in the end anyway.

@@nobodyfamous

You're welcome. The worst thing about osC is also the best thing about it; it's basic and standard. It gives you the tools to do what you want and change it how you see fit but at the expense of features or functionality out-of-the-box. It's possible to have the web shop you want but it's takes time (and usually experience) that most people just don't have. Of course, a decent developer would help enormously if the money is available...

v3.x is looking nice so far. 2.4 is my next point of call though. Just for laughs, mind you. I don't think I could port my site to 2.4 as I've got it now.