• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

Thanks Jetta!

Internet Explorer 8; Internet Explorer 9; Firefox 8, Firefox 12,

works good (even the Enter key in comments ;) ), except at end:

http://simplecheckout.oscbyjetta.com/checkout_success.php

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.

Please direct any questions you have to the store owner.

Thanks for shopping with us online!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_session_is_regisetered() in /home/oscbyj5/public_html/simplecheckout/checkout_success.php on line 159

Looks like there`s a typo:

tep_session_is_regisetered()

Edited by tapa

Hello there and thanks for the addon, but... there is one big BUT :)

I did everything as is shown in the readme file, but when I go to the checkout.php it shows me just that (look at the attached file)

Can you please help me to resolve this little problem?

The live site is at purple.bg

post-310910-0-18055400-1335510759_thumb.png

Edited by Krasimir Zlatev

About vesion 1.6 (currently use in my site)

I move site to another server with php5.3.2 and get "parsererror" only in IE8, but on old server with php5.2.6 works without error in any browsers.

Hello there and thanks for the addon, but... there is one big BUT :)

I did everything as is shown in the readme file, but when I go to the checkout.php it shows me just that (look at the attached file)

Can you please help me to resolve this little problem?

The live site is at purple.bg

No one know how to resolve the problem..?

@@Krasimir Zlatev

What version of Simple Checkout You use? 2.2 or 1.6?

Maybe this helps you:

If you use 2.2 with "Drop on Top" solution then open language file checkout.php and correct it (description how to do this is written some post earlier , on page 11, by @@opiate)

Edited by tapa

@@Krasimir Zlatev

What version of Simple Checkout You use? 2.2 or 1.6?

Maybe this helps you:

If you use 2.2 with "Drop on Top" solution then open language file checkout.php and correct it (description how to do this is written some post earlier , on page 11, by @@opiate)

@@tapa

thanks for your response but this was the first thing that i've edit and than checkout page shows in this way.

If someone can help me will be great.

@@tapa thank you once again

Edited by Krasimir Zlatev

@@fulluvscents

about Your testsite - IE8, Safari 5.1 (Windows) works good, without errors!

Tested with checkot.php and login.php! (offtopic: login.php works even in IE7, problems in checkout, but this is not important, thanks for IE8 solution)

Edited by tapa

I just installed OPC in a clean version of osc 2.3.1. Did all of the steps in de read me file. But it won't work. I changed tot OPC in configuration. When I checkout in online catalog 'HTTP500' appears.

Is there a bug in it?

Jetta...tested ie9, 46 bit with the checkout. and chrome.

All went well. I got the email address previously used notice, so I did the password reset which got me through the process.

I'd say it moved along briskly.

checkout was COD

If you'd like me to try another checkout payment option, let me know.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@tapa

It's PHP 5.3.10

As far as I know, nobody has run into php compatibility issues. It's just been the browser issues.

Edited: Going back and reading through, I see that you actually had a php issue. Would you like to test the script before I finalize it for upload?

Looks like everything is going better with this one, on all browsers, so I'm hoping it will be safe to upload a final version and also the guest checkout package. I'll probably have that done by Tuesday, as long as nobody reports anything. I want to get this uploaded to a couple other servers for testing as well before I finalize it.

Any takers? Just PM me and I'll get you the files.

Edited by fulluvscents

@@fulluvscents

about my PHP problem: it seems that the problem was with server config, because I test it (in that day) on different PC before I put on another server.

! but ! today I check that "problem site" on old server - everything is working properly (PHP was the same and no modification from my side)

Any takers? Just PM me and I'll get you the files.

consider yourself pmed :)

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@surrfman particularly - and anyone with a MAC.

Please go through the test site in whatever environment you're browsing from, and see if it's working now (http://simplecheckout.oscbyjetta.com/checkout.php).

Please state your browser, platform (PC or MAC), and any issues that you run into. If I don't respond, it's because I'm gathering information and working on the fixes. Obviously, I can't fix anything if I'm spending all my time responding to each and every question or issue.

On Mac OS X 10.6.8, with both Safari 5 and Firefox, I got the standard checkout, not your simple checkout. And after I clicked the

Continue" button from the shipping page it went back to the shopping cart.

Is the test site configured for Simple Checkout, or did I miss anything. I don't see anything different compared to the ordinary checkout?

osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

Got back this morning...

Any progress on getting this contribution working correctly?

I see a lot of posts, any answers?

Any issues solved?

Is test site considered operational?

Timmy C

Is the test site version 3.0?

Has anyone installed yet?

Noticed a small issue when attempting a guest or create account; First field, the email field, when the box opens, is in the "active" state, text for that field cannot be seen unless a mouse click is made somewhere on the box. Might be a point of confusion with a pontial customer. I know kringe getting one of those "you didn't do something right" pop-ups.

Another suggestion, a line of text so that potential customers know what the red icon means after the required input fields; red text with red icon?

Timmy C

Jetta, I installed the latest version. 3.0 A couple test checkouts one via PayPal one money order worked fine. FYI on that. I'll get to the guest checkout add on later. Appreciate your work and thank you.

I installed v3.0 along with Guest Checkout and Discount Codes. The checkout does not refresh the totals when a discount code is applied; I have to click the "Update" button. Guest Checkout might work, but there are no labels for the input fields so there is no way for a customer to know how to fill it out. Also a BIG problem, the password field for existing customers to log in is not only not hidden, but it says the name and password are not correct even if they are. Also on the checkout page, once a discount has been applied making an order no longer eligible for free shipping, the totals are not updated to reflect this until I click the continue button at the bottom.

I already have a combined login and create account (with a cool javascript slide-down effect), how hard would it be to integrate your guest checkout feature into that and keep my existing login page?

OK, how do I get rid of your login/create account thing without disabling the entire Simple Checkout? It doesn't work, but despite the previously mentioned issues the checkout does. Would placing the code to divert to checkout.php after the code to check if the customer is logged in on checkout_shipping do it?

To answer my own question, yes it will.

Now, as I mentioned before, can the guest checkout be integrated into my existing login? That just seems like the best way to do it rather than creating an entirely new login.

Edited by chemist4