• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create Account & Manual Order Maker For OSC 2.3.1 V3.0

Mort-lemur

I'm using 2.3.4.1 CE with PHP 7.0

I installed Order Editor first...had to clean up some of the DIR_WS stuff and whatnot, but it works fine. 

Then I installed Manual Order Maker and had to do some cleanup there, as well, but it works fine, in the respect that I can create a new customer account.

It's the Welcome email it generates that is not playing nice.  Looks like this:

1855820529_createcustomer.JPG.4b5534a98c60578b52b2fcde7640f6d7.JPG

All of those defines are in the admin/includes/languages/english/create_account.php file but the email just will not pick them up.

The language file is in the correct location.  I changed the original line in admin/create_account_process.php:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'create_account.php');

It now reads:

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . 'create_account.php');

But, no luck. 

The email is supposed to contain a random password for the new customer - and it does - but the email itself is a wreck.

Any idea what it might be?  Or is this maybe not compatible with my version of osCommerce?

- Andrea

After playing with it some more...I took the code from line 282 in create_account_process.php :

And moved it down to above the section at the bottom of that file where the email is being defined, so it looks like this:

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_PASS_1 . $password . EMAIL_PASS_2 . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;
    tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

And now I have a wonderful Welcome email complete with a randomly generated password for the new customer that works!

Why did I have to move it though?  Like...I fixed it, but...I don't understand why I had to.  Just trying to learn!

- Andrea

• 3 months later...

I realize this is an old add-on, and I'm trying to install it on Phoenix (v1.0.1.4 (don't judge me, please)), but ...

I have both Create Account and Order Maker and Order Editor v1.2.6 installed. I use this combination to manually enter orders through Admin. I have these working together in my older live stores, and am trying to get these to work together in a new store running Phoenix.

Order Editor works when I am editing an existing order. When I am creating a new order, Create Account and Order Maker loads /admin/create_order.php, and gives me the option to either select an existing customer, or create a new one. Once a customer has been selected, clicking the 'Save' button takes me to /admin/create_order_process.php, where I get these errors:

864606858_ScreenCapture2020-06-15-A.thumb.jpg.7cd5964c789cd692159eaa91fc386c93.jpg

The code in /admin/create_order_process.php is this:

735372081_ScreenCapture2020-06-15-B.thumb.jpg.5c53381730f159a9117e84e5fca2dd72.jpg

The 'no such file ...' files do exist in both /includes/modules/order_total/* and /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/*

It seems that the root error is:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ot_subtotal' not found in C:\wamp64\www\m13\admin\create_order_process.php on line 198

I would appreciate any and all assistance or guidance!

Thanks!

Malcolm

PS: @Jack_mcs I will also look into the Phone Orders add-on you suggested. Thanks.

*** Resolved ***

Yes, it was something I did ... 🙄

Starting somewhere during the osC CE 'Edge' development (and continuing still in the 'Phoenix' development), many file names, paths, and database table names became hard-coded. So, one of the tasks to update an old add-on to work with osC CE Phoenix is to make those hard-code changes. That's where I made my mistake ...

In /admin/create_order_process.php, the original code was:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);
      include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_MODULES . 'order_total/' . $value);

I changed this to:

include('includes/languages/' . $language . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);
      include('includes/modules/order_total/' . $value);

However, by leaving out the DIR_FS_CATALOG, the code was trying to search for the order_total modules (and language files) in the Admin side of the shop.

The correct code is:

include(DIR_FS_CATALOG .'includes/languages/' . $language . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);
      include(DIR_FS_CATALOG .'includes/modules/order_total/' . $value);

I hope this helps anyone who is also trying to adapt this add-on to the newer versions of osC Phoenix.

Malcolm