• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tracking Number To Customer

douglaswalker

Hi

I am developing a simple input box on the customers order page to hold a tracking number.

This number is also shown on the orders list page next to the appropriate order number.

I have batch print installed so I can then send out order update emails including the tracking 10 orders at a time.

It is nearly ready but i have one issue I would like your thoughts on.

Ideally I would like the whole process to take place on the orders list page (the one which lists 10 order at a time so I don't have to click into each order open the page click back etc.

I have been trying to add code for an input box to the area on the right of the orders list page where the edit and delete buttons are but try as i might I cant get the code to add to the data base.

The code I have on the individual orders page below the comments box works fine.

Code I want to add but wont work is below.

Could anyone look and see if i have made a stupid mistake.

This code sits in the code on the orders page near the bottom where the edit delete buttons are.

The code there has case and break commands

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . ' ' . $oInfo->tracking_num);									
$contents[] = array('text' => '<form action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('$oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $oInfo->tracking_num . '&action=update_order') . ' method="post" name="update_order"><input type="hidden" name="oID" value="' . $oInfo->orders_id . '"><input type="text" name="update_order" size="20" value="'.$oInfo->tracking_num.'"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="update_order"><input type="hidden" name="oID" value="' . $oID . '"><input type="submit" value="'.TEXT_PRODUCTS_NEW_STOCK.'">');

All help and thoughts appreciated

Doug

• 3 years later...