fulluvscents

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

@TomB01

1) Which version of Phoenix are you using?

2) I also see an issue with icon_arrow_right.gif not being defined properly.

M

1) 1.0.4.0

2) just sloppy copy/paste - it's not present on the actual site's page

11 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Are you a member of the Phoenix club?

Yes.

I checked my copies of 1.0.3.0.  and 1.0.4.0.  Both only have 4 files under includes/modules/shipping:

flat.php

item.php

table.php

zones.php

These seem to match up exactly with the options I have under Modules->Shipping.  None of those have anything about entering a zip code, postcode or whatever.  The store address under the Admin Configuration has it, but there is no formatting discipline with that entry and probably has nothing to do with an actual store originating postcode.

Edited by TomB01

@TomB01

I've just downloaded 1.0.4.0 , and I can confirm that Country of Origin and Postal Code are not being defined in the database.

It was defined in 1.0.2.0. I don't have any versions in between to check.

M

Edited by ArtcoInc

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

@TomB01

I've just downloaded 1.0.4.0 , and I can confirm that Country of Origin and Postal Code are not being defined in the database.

M

Interesting ... I think I was getting mixed up in the former post.  The older version of OsCommerce that runs my live store has it stored under Configuration->Shipping/Packaging, not Modules->Shipping.

I'll continue to search for differences, re: 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.4.0.

Where is Country of Origin and Post Code stored in the database?  Maybe I can manually poke them into the database until Gary updates 1.0.4.0.

Edited by TomB01

@TomB01

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Country of Origin', 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_COUNTRY', '223', 'Select the country of origin to be used in shipping quotes.', '7', '1', 'tep_get_country_name', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_country_list(', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Postal Code', 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP', 'NONE', 'Enter the Postal Code (ZIP) of the Store to be used in shipping quotes.', '7', '2', now());

M

OK - haven't used SQL for awhile, but the top "INSERT INTO" doesn't need anything, right?  Country of origin is already "United States" when the id = 223.  Correct?

On the 2nd INSERT INTO, I replace 'Enter the Postal Code (ZIP) of the Store to be used in shipping quotes." with my store's zip code numbers, as in 'xxxxx' - correct?

Edited by TomB01

1) You can use something like phpMyAdmin. Log into the correct database. Copy and paste the two lines above into the SQL box, and run. This will add the two entries into the correct table.

Once the entries have been made, you should be able to use Admin -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging to adjust/edit these settings.

2) I have confirmed that these two entries have been dropped from Phoenix 1.0.4.0. Since this USPS module uses the entries, the module now needs to be updated to include the instruction of how to do so! Unfortunately, it seems that the module has not been updated since 2012, nor has the original developer been here since.

M

2 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

1) You can use something like phpMyAdmin. Log into the correct database. Copy and paste the two lines above into the SQL box, and run. This will add the two entries into the correct table.

Once the entries have been made, you should be able to use Admin -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging to adjust/edit these settings.

2) I have confirmed that these two entries have been dropped from Phoenix 1.0.4.0. Since this USPS module uses the entries, the module now needs to be updated to include the instruction of how to do so! Unfortunately, it seems that the module has not been updated since 2012, nor has the original developer been here since.

M

1) A bit of miscommunication; I'm familiar with phpMyAdmin, and am prepared to copy and poke.  I was just trying to figure out where to place the actual values in those SQL statements.  I think the country is already defined in your first SQL statement with ID = 223, but was trying to figure out the best place to put the real value of my zip code (5 digits) in the second SQL statement.

2) Kymation has taken it upon himself to support the USPS Rate V4 module for the last several years, thank goodness!  I will be dead as an e-commerce store if I don't have USPS shipping.

To enter your ZIP code into the SQL statement, replace the 'NONE' with your ZIP code (include the single quotes). Or, like I said, just update it in Admin.

M

3 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

To enter your ZIP code into the SQL statement, replace the 'NONE' with your ZIP code (include the single quotes). Or, like I said, just update it in Admin.

M

SUCCESS!

I didn't realize Inserting into the database would add those lines to the Admin pages.  I copied and entered the SQL, the lines appeared as you said they would, then entered my store's zip code.

Checked my running Phoenix and USPS works!  (Yeah, I have to grab the USPS logo gif, but I can handle that based on the earlier posts.)

Many, many thanks!!  Do we need to tell Gary/Burt to include those database items in later Phoenix fixes?

@TomB01

1 minute ago, TomB01 said:

Do we need to tell Gary/Burt to include those database items in later Phoenix fixes?

No. He was the one that removed them. They are not needed in 'the core'. Add-on's now need to be self-contained.

M

17 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@TomB01

No. He was the one that removed them. They are not needed in 'the core'. Add-on's now need to be self-contained.

M

I see.  Well, maybe Kymation will update this USPS add-on when he gets a chance.  Thanks again!

Back to this, now, to resolve bugs that may remain.  I thought this was working well on Phoenix 1.0.4.0, but the Phoenix sample products all weigh too much to test for 1st Class Package service, which is something my customers select all the time on my 2.3.4 store.

So, I created a listing for a single Lemon product in Phoenix with weight of 0.05 lbs (0.8 oz.).  I have a Package Tare weight of 0.125 set up in my Shipping/Packaging Configuration.  So, total weight should be 0.175 lbs, or 2.8 oz.  I'm pretty sure that falls well under the 1st Class Package max threshold.  Unfortunately, I cannot get a 1st Class Package option to appear:

ShoppingCartShippingOptions-12062019.jpg.98f599ce5c0b44ecf21315745138ca03.jpg

The USPS weights are calculated correctly (UPS is not, but that will be an issue in the UPS XML thread), but no 1st Class Package option, even though I have it selected in the Phoenix Admin.  I know in previous times in this thread, there was always an issue with how the US Post Office defined the string for the actual service.  They went back and forth from "Parcel" to "Package" and included new additions to the title such as "Retail" or "TM."  As best I can tell, however, the latest usps.php is using the correct terminology to get the USPS response.  I have a response I can post from the USPS server, if anyone thinks that would help.  In the response, it looks like the USPS server responded to the 1st Class Package Service with a rate of $3.74.  Any ideas why this isn't showing up in the checkout?

Thanks for your support!

Just to be certain, here are the settings in Admin:

Shipping Methods (Domestic and International)
0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, First-Class MailRM Parcel, 0, 70, 0.75, First-ClassTM Package Service, 0, 70, 0.75, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority MailTM, 0, 70, 1.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority Mail ExpressTM, 0, 70, 1.5, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, First-Class Package International ServiceTM, 0, 70, 1.00, Priority Mail InternationalRM, 0, 70, 2.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority Mail Express InternationalTM, 0, 70, 2.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00

Edited by TomB01

@ArtcoInc

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, the latest download (V2_r1.8) has that line, including the comma.

It does remind me that there's something about unloading and re-loading the usps module before you will see a change.  So, I'll continue work on it and see if that will help.

It appears that the usps server is replying to the usps.php request, it's just not picking up in the checkout process in Phoenix, at least as much as I can decipher from the debug e-mail I got containing the below:

<Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>XXXXX</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>38053</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>2.8</Ounces><FirstClassMailType>PACKAGE SERVICE RETAIL</FirstClassMailType><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>4</Zone><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Package Service - Retail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</MailService><Rate>3.74</Rate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID>  ... lots more after this ...

I made a call to 1st Class Parcel, as well.  That reply was Package ID="0".  The Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express are ID="2" and ID="3" in my debug e-mail.

Edited by TomB01