fulluvscents

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

using CE Frozen, running php 7.0.*

In the error log I see these notices...not a critical issue at this time but for housekeeping purposes would be nice to fix.  Any ideas?

[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: PriorityMailExpress in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 91
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: shipping_method in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php on line 161
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: shipping_cost in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php on line 162
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 2 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 3 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 4 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 5 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 6 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 7 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428
[09-Nov-2018 07:16:47 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 8 in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 428

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Anyone find a module that is compatible with USPS' new 1/27/2019 pricing updates?

Apparently; they are now charging for distance on USPS First Class postage.

On my site; the shipping module no longer seems to offer USPS First class as an option at all. Defaulting to Priority mail only.

@zitt did you get anywhere with the first class issue? I've just had a report that it's charging too much for first class rather than not offering it.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

28 minutes ago, Dennisra said:

USPS shipping is now zone based so this add on does not work.

It may depend what services you offer. The report I had is that First Class isn't right but Priority Mail is ok.

I thought they already got the address through the interface - can't they work out where it is for themselves?

Or is the issue that format of the reponse from USPS has changed (again) and the module doesn't interpret it properly?

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/2341-Frozen.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

USPS shipping has always been zone based so this is not the cause of any problem you might be seeing. If one or more of the services are not working for you, turn on debugging in your Admin and look at the result.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I beg to differ. First-Class Package Service - Retail was never zone based. Weight only. Now weight and one of 9 zones determines cost.

"<Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><FirstClassMailType>PACKAGE SERVICE RETAIL</FirstClassMailType><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Package Service -  Retail

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/notice123.htm#_c038

https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/postal-information/usps-shipper.html

The following information lists USPS rate changes and pricing that take effect January 27, 2019. 

Changes to First-Class Packages:

New for 2019, the FCPS-Retail and FCPS Commercial price categories will have zone-based pricing.

Overall, First-Class Package Service prices will increase 12.3%, with a 13.3% increase for FCPS-Retail and an 11.9% increase for FCPS-Commercial.

We give the USPS the From and To addresses and they calculate the cost based on that information. Exactly how they make those calculations are up to them. This i the way this interface has always worked.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Debug emails? I have them turned on, and thew have worked fine for years. However, overnight, I have received over 20,000 debug emails!!!!

M

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .