Latest News: (loading..)
fulluvscents

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Posted (edited)

@BrockleyJohn

That line was added for MVS v1.3 (latest though not for BS Edge) by @drillsar here is the link to it. And @kymation Jim says that it's necessary just below that first post.

Here is the same line in my MVS install for an older version of osC (MS2.2) and one that does not have this sessions issue. However, that site is running on PHP5.3

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,

I've tested this line by switching to the one without the session variable, but it made no difference.

I have the following modules enabled (USPS, FedEx Web Services, Table, UPS ), however, none of the other ones cause a problem with the session. I had remove them all and added them one by one while testing the checkout with each add. The one that caused the issue is the USPS module. If I disable it or remove it, I can get to the checkout_payment.php page. With it enabled I get the login.php page.

I appreciate your help John.

Edited by Demitry

@Demitry if you dump out $vendor_shipping before this line

foreach ($vendor_shipping as $vendor_id => $vendor_data) {

what do you get?

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@BrockleyJohn

For that var_dump of $vendor_shipping right before the line you mentioned I get the following:

array(2) {
  [1]=>
  array(6) {
    ["weight"]=>
    float(7)
    ["cost"]=>
    float(35.99)
    ["qty"]=>
    int(1)
    ["ship_cost"]=>
    float(0)
    ["products_id"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      int(8)
    }
    ["products_qty"]=>
    array(1) {
      [8]=>
      string(1) "1"
    }
  }
  [2]=>
  array(6) {
    ["weight"]=>
    float(7)
    ["cost"]=>
    float(39.99)
    ["qty"]=>
    int(1)
    ["ship_cost"]=>
    float(0)
    ["products_id"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      int(17)
    }
    ["products_qty"]=>
    array(1) {
      [17]=>
      string(1) "1"
    }
  }
}

And I forgot to include Flat Rate as one of the shipping options I have for the current testing scenario. Here is a screenshot of the shipping options as I have them. USPS in the first vendor's product is not the cheapest method, but I selected it to display related testing data. The other modules really do nothing in relation to this sessions issue. I could just as well remove them all and just have USPS for both vendor products.

checkout-screenshot.thumb.png.8860e0ce277a45c54e44f5424e1872d2.png

65 pages deep, I just dont have time to read it. can anyone tell me what the three letters N S H under extra services, what do they mean?

3 minutes ago, sales@rh2way.com said:

65 pages deep, I just dont have time to read it. can anyone tell me what the three letters N S H under extra services, what do they mean?

need sense of humour

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

While I really like John's answer, they are supposed to be None, Show, and Hide.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@sales@rh2way.com

(fwiw)

Since I do not offer any of those additional services, I have all of mine checked as 'N'.

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release here

if I were to offer them, such as Insurance, I would use the S option? and the N option for everything else not offered? what instance would you use the H?

Hide is used when you want to charge for that service but don't want to show the customer the separate charge.

Regards

Jim

Posted (edited)

Extra Services (Domestic)
Certified MailRM, N, Insurance, S, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, N, Registered without Insurance, N, Registered MailTM, N, Collect on Delivery, N, Return Receipt for Merchandise, N, Return Receipt, N, Certificate of Mailing, N, Express Mail Insurance, N, Delivery ConfirmationTM, N, Signature ConfirmationTM, N

Extra Services (International)
Registered Mail, N, Insurance, S, Return Receipt, N, Restricted Delivery, N, Pick-Up, N, Certificate of Mailing, N

I have everything as N except for Insurance is S. When I make a test purchase the insurance is not being added nor is it displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by sales@rh2way.com
to add info

Check that the services you are displaying allow an insurance addon. The USPS does not allow insurance on all services.

Regards

Jim

USPS Priority and Priority Express allow insurance.

Shipping Methods (Domestic and International)
0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority MailTM, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority Mail ExpressTM, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority Mail InternationalRM, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority Mail Express InternationalTM, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00

I have nearly the same problem and always have. A check for "S" charges for insurance but does NOT show the charge. It's all grouped in the First Class shipping charge.

2 hours ago, Dennisra said:

I have nearly the same problem and always have. A check for "S" charges for insurance but does NOT show the charge. It's all grouped in the First Class shipping charge.

Mine does not show the insurance, nor is it added to the total. it's the same price as Priority Mail with or without insurance.

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4

USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2_r1.8

Change the Send Debug Email setting to true in this module and check the response in the email. Insurance should be showing as a separate charge.

Regards

Jim

Posted (edited)

Request:
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="854RH2WA6494"><Revision>2</Revision><Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>08075</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>08075</ZipDestination><Pounds>6</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="1"><Service>EXPRESS COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>08075</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>08075</ZipDestination><Pounds>6</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package></RateV4Request>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>08075</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>08075</ZipDestination><Pounds>6</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail 1-Day&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</MailService><Rate>10.40</Rate><CommercialRate>7.52</CommercialRate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.10</Price><PriceOnline>6.10</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>120</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.35</Price><PriceOnline>6.35</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>104</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certificate of Mailing (Form 3817)</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>1.40</Price><PriceOnline>1.40</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>105</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>3.45</Price><PriceOnline>3.45</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>170</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>171</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>172</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>103</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.50</Price><PriceOnline>7.50</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>175</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>12.55</Price><PriceOnline>12.55</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>125</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>179</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>109</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>11.90</Price><PriceOnline>11.90</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>176</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>16.95</Price><PriceOnline>16.95</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>107</ServiceID><ServiceName>Return Receipt for Merchandise</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>4.20</Price><PriceOnline>4.20</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>108</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>3.00</Price><PriceOnline>3.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>173</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.05</Price><PriceOnline>8.05</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>156</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>2.55</Price><PriceOnline>2.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>174</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.60</Price><PriceOnline>7.60</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>190</ServiceID><ServiceName>Special Handling - Fragile</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>10.45</Price><PriceOnline>10.45</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>106</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>155</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService></SpecialServices></Postage></Package><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>08075</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>08075</ZipDestination><Pounds>6</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 1-Day&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</MailService><Rate>29.55</Rate><CommercialRate>26.22</CommercialRate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.10</Price><PriceOnline>6.10</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>120</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.35</Price><PriceOnline>6.35</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>103</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.50</Price><PriceOnline>7.50</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>175</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>12.55</Price><PriceOnline>12.55</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>101</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>178</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>118</ServiceID><ServiceName>Return Receipt</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>2.75</Price><PriceOnline>2.75</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>190</ServiceID><ServiceName>Special Handling - Fragile</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>10.45</Price><PriceOnline>10.45</PriceOnline></SpecialService></SpecialServices></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

Errors:

this is the email I received. no errors? $10.40 is the correct charge for a 6 pound shipment, Insurance should add $4.50

Edited by Gino D

No errors found. Correct price and mailing products but not shown separately. It would be nice if the customer had the option of accepting insurance.

Request:
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="********"><Revision>2</Revision><Package ID="0"><Service>First Class</Service><FirstClassMailType>PARCEL</FirstClassMailType><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="1"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><Container>FLAT RATE ENVELOPE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package><Package ID="2"><Service>EXPRESS COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><Container>FLAT RATE ENVELOPE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package></RateV4Request>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><FirstClassMailType>PACKAGE SERVICE RETAIL</FirstClassMailType><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Package Service - Retail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</MailService><Rate>3.75</Rate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>6.10</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>120</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>6.35</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>104</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certificate of Mailing (Form 3817)</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>1.40</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>105</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Ma
 il&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>3.45</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>170</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>8.55</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>171</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>8.55</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>172</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>8.55</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>103</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>7.50</Price><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired
 >false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>175</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>12.55</Price><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>100</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>2.10</Price><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>177</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>14.20</Price><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>109</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>11.90</Price><DeclaredValu
 eRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>176</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>16.95</Price><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>108</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>3.00</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>173</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>8.05</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>156</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Avai
 lable>true</Available><Price>2.55</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>174</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>7.60</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>190</ServiceID><ServiceName>Special Handling - Fragile</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>10.45</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>106</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>0.00</Price></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>155</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><Price>0.00</Price></SpecialService></SpecialServices></Postage></Package><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pound
 s><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><Container>FLAT RATE ENVELOPE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail 1-Day&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>6.70</Rate><CommercialRate>6.55</CommercialRate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.10</Price><PriceOnline>6.10</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>120</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.35</Price><PriceOnline>6.35</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>104</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certificate of Mailing (Form 3817)</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>1.40</Price><PriceOnline>1.40</PriceOnline></Special
 Service><SpecialService><ServiceID>105</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>3.45</Price><PriceOnline>3.45</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>170</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>171</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>172</ServiceID><ServiceName>Certified Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Adult Signature Restricted Del
 ivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.55</Price><PriceOnline>8.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>103</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.50</Price><PriceOnline>7.50</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>175</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>12.55</Price><PriceOnline>12.55</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>125</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnli
 ne><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>179</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>109</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>11.90</Price><PriceOnline>11.90</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>176</ServiceID><ServiceName>Registered Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableO
 nline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>16.95</Price><PriceOnline>16.95</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>107</ServiceID><ServiceName>Return Receipt for Merchandise</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>4.20</Price><PriceOnline>4.20</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>108</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>3.00</Price><PriceOnline>3.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>173</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>8.05</Price><PriceOnline>8.05</PriceOnline></SpecialService><Spec
 ialService><ServiceID>156</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>2.55</Price><PriceOnline>2.55</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>174</ServiceID><ServiceName>Signature Confirmation&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.60</Price><PriceOnline>7.60</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>190</ServiceID><ServiceName>Special Handling - Fragile</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>10.45</Price><PriceOnline>10.45</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>106</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</A
 vailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>155</ServiceID><ServiceName>USPS Tracking&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#174;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Electronic</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline></SpecialService></SpecialServices></Postage></Package><Package ID="2"><ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>*****</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4.96</Ounces><Container>FLAT RATE ENVELOPE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 1-Day&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;#8482;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>24.70</Rate><CommercialRate>21.98</CommercialRate><SpecialServices><SpecialService><ServiceID>119</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Required</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.10</Price>
 <PriceOnline>6.10</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>120</ServiceID><ServiceName>Adult Signature Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>6.35</Price><PriceOnline>6.35</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>103</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>7.50</Price><PriceOnline>7.50</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>175</ServiceID><ServiceName>Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>12.55</Price><PriceOnline>12.55</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>101</ServiceID><ServiceName>Ins
 urance</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>178</ServiceID><ServiceName>Insurance Restricted Delivery</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>0.00</Price><PriceOnline>0.00</PriceOnline><DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired><DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>118</ServiceID><ServiceName>Return Receipt</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>2.75</Price><PriceOnline>2.75</PriceOnline></SpecialService><SpecialService><ServiceID>190</ServiceID><ServiceName>Special Handling - Fragile</ServiceName><Available>true</Available><AvailableOnline>true</AvailableOnline><Price>10.45</Price><PriceOnline>10.45</PriceO
 nline></SpecialService></SpecialServices></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

Errors:

Did I miss some important information regarding USPS changes?

I ask since at 1112 local USPS was working at 1200 local it was not....

BJ

The USPS changes for May took effect on the 18th, and were only the addition of a default value in any case. I doubt that's it.

I believe the latest USPS module is this one (the February 3rd. 2018 version). If that is not what you are using, you might try updating and see if that helps.

Regards

Jim

Jim - as you directed in your private message answer to me...

We have spoken before but it has been a looooong time.

Today (5-24) sometime between 1115 am and 1200 pm (noon) Pacific Daylight Time my USPS module simply stopped working.  Please see the attached backend image.

There is nothing in the logs - I am on Ubuntu latest version. 

I have reset the server thinking that perhaps the update could've caused it - No Joy.
I have thought I may have missed an update BUT no not according to the OSCommerce Contributions area 

My store is located here - https:/store.militarywives.com - if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

I have checked to see if any files had been unknowingly changed - that is not the case (either by me or others).

Any insight from you would be appreciated.

OSCommerce vsn is 
 v2.3.4

This is the header info from usps.php located in 
/includes/modules/shipping

USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2
  $Mod: Changed from Parcel Post to Standard Post 20130129 Kymation $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20130729 Kymation v 1.3 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140310 a.forever $  
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140802 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140823 Kymation v 1.4 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140907 Kymation & a.forever v 1.5 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20160119 a.forever $Capture.JPG.ae90251d092238afa35c3a9faac88508.JPG

That is an older version, and there are some critical changes since then. I suggest changing it out for the one I linked to in my previous post, and let us know if that works. If not I have some other ideas to try.

Regards

Jim

Just now, kymation said:

That is an older version, and there are some critical changes since then. I suggest changing it out for the one I linked to in my previous post, and let us know if that works. If not I have some other ideas to try.

Regards

Jim

Will do so when I am more awake - Have been going since 0400 so the brain (not to mention the eyes) are shot and I really do not want to make a stupid mistake because of being tired.  Will post if there is or is not a change after doing what you have suggested.

OH BTW THANK YOU!

BJ

Jim

Before doing anything this morning I decided I should again verify the problem described above - the USPS shipping is now working.  I did nothing.  See the graphics below...

I will update to the version as discussed however I thought you would be interested in this morning's discovery.

Once again - no file was touched, modified, or otherwise changed from the time this started on 5-24 to the time that the verification was done at 0505 am local.

There are no signs of an outside intrusion and the only thing affected was the USPS shipping module.

I also included two other graphics (of the shipping estimator portion) of the Shopping Cart screen as an indication that it is pulling the data...

Although I WILL do the upgrade any ideas WHY it may have stopped and the restarted by itself?  This has me stymied.

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

It could have been something your host did, or a temporary routing problem on their Internet connection. Or it could have been some failure at the USPS server. There's no way to be certain at this point. Just keep an eye on it for a while in case it happens again.

Regards

Jim