• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Everything seems to work OK on mine this morning, too: 1st Class Package, Priority, and Priority Express - domestic and international.  That said, I updated anyway figuring the Post Office can't be trusted and that they might just be slow out of the box this morning. ;)

On another point - somewhat trivial compared to making this work - can you guys do something about the actual Community Add-Ons listing/description:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8702 ?

Everything in the primary display description states, "for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2"  To a noob like me, and I'm afraid others as well, there's nothing apparent that says it's OK for OsC v2.3.  I was familiar with it because of previous issues and it was clearly stated in this thread (although buried) that it was compatible with 2.3.  Making that more apparent in the Community Add-Ons would gather more users, increase the installed base, and ensure future support.  JMHO ...

@@kymation @a.forever

International

First-Class Package International Service

Priority Mail International®

Priority Mail Express International

All working

Domestic

First-Class Mail® Parcel

Priority Mail

Priority Mail Express

All working

Thank You

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

First, apologies for not being proactive on testing this.

Your latest non-MVS version appears to be working fine for my client.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

All the best,

EJ

:thumbsup:

@@TomB01  We can't change that. The only thing I could do would be to upload a new Addon in a new location, which would just add to the confusion.

In general, shipping and payment modules will work with osCommerce 2.2 and 2.3 without any changes to the module. Any addon that is not a true module will need more work.

I have had one client say that there were problems with USPS International shipping over the weekend. This may have just been the USPS being flaky, but I'm going to do some more testing anyway.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Everything seems to work OK on mine this morning, too: 1st Class Package, Priority, and Priority Express - domestic and international.  That said, I updated anyway figuring the Post Office can't be trusted and that they might just be slow out of the box this morning. ;)

On another point - somewhat trivial compared to making this work - can you guys do something about the actual Community Add-Ons listing/description:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8702 ?

Everything in the primary display description states, "for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2"  To a noob like me, and I'm afraid others as well, there's nothing apparent that says it's OK for OsC v2.3.  I was familiar with it because of previous issues and it was clearly stated in this thread (although buried) that it was compatible with 2.3.  Making that more apparent in the Community Add-Ons would gather more users, increase the installed base, and ensure future support.  JMHO ...

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't thinking when I did this 18 months ago as I was still working under osC 2.2 RC2a.

It works fine with osC 2.3.4, and I suppose we should mention that more often each time we push a new update. Perhaps in a readme.txt, new update description, etc.

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't thinking when I did this 18 months ago as I was still working under osC 2.2 RC2a.

It works fine with osC 2.3.4, and I suppose we should mention that more often each time we push a new update. Perhaps in a readme.txt, new update description, etc.

Thanks - it was certainly a triviality compared to you and Jim fixing this thing all time. Many, many thanks to you all. Considering the amount of 1st Class shipping I do - especially international - my little store would be out of business without this module.

I can see a new version is being worked on.  Has anyone noticed issues with existing/older versions due to the Sept 8 2014 changes

1. Domestic Signature Confirmation

Charge not being added

2. International First Class letters

Service not being offered

Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase.

Getting this error with Intl shipping.. Only 1st Class and Priority selected. Any ideas?

Edited by opus_uno2001

@@opus_uno2001  Are you using the 7 September release of this module? Does that mean 1st-Class Package Int'l Service and Priority Int'l are selected? Is your item weight within the weight restrictions for those methods?

Regards

Jim

@@kymation forgive my ignorance.. and thanks for your support.

I'm using this mod on a 2.3.4 shop.. Made the changes in files to modify for 2.3x. 

Yes, they are selected. The weight is set between 0-70.. All weights in the shop are well within this range.

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship is set to 70 with 0 (zero) Tar weight

Edited by opus_uno2001

Set Send Debug Email to True in the module settings and run a test international order. Look at the email for errors in the response. You can post the contents here if you can't figure it out.

Regards

Jim

I took a look at your first test and both First Class International and Priority International quotes are being returned. I've tested this myself with an address in Canada and the quotes show. This should be working.

As a last resort, uninstall and reinstall the module and try again.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation, yeah.. that's was the second thing I did.. It's usually a last resort for me to ask for help but I'm stumped..

It's just too weird. Like you said the XML shows what looks to be all the right stuff but don't show at checkout as an option while the domestic rates get returned instantly.

@@kymation I installed the package on a vanilla osc and have same International nothingness.. Get this in my logs.. maybe it will turn a light on? I hope so anyway..

[Wed Sep 10 23:00:31 2014] [error] [client 192.168.0.12] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string(): Time>2:00 PM</SaturDayCutOffTime></PostOffice><PostOffice><Name>HERITAGE CARDS & in /var/www/vhosts/osc-2.3.3.4/www/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 603, referer: https://osc-2.dev/catalog/checkout_payment.php

[Wed Sep 10 23:00:31 2014] [error] [client 192.168.0.12] PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_string():                                                                                ^ in /var/www/vhosts/osc-2.3.3.4/www/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 603, referer: https://osc-2.dev/catalog/checkout_payment.php

Not to send you down a rabbit trail.. But could it be something with the <Prohibitions> breaking the XML string? I have those turned to off but they still wind up in the debug email.. 

I did notice there was still a lot of USPS data in the DB even after uninstalling.. So I thought perhaps it was old cruft causing some conflict. After clearing everything out and reinstalling got the same - nothing.

I then enabled strict error reporting and this popped up in the logs.. Not clear if it's related as it is only a notice, but it does not appear for domestic addresses so I'm passing it along:

PHP Notice:  Undefined property: usps::$quotes in /var/www/vhosts/osc-2.3.3.4/www/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 97, referer: https://osc-2.dev/catalog/checkout_shipping_address.php

Edited by opus_uno2001

This module works by asking the USPS for all quotes and then filtering out the unwanted ones, so the Prohibitions tag is expected. No, what appears to be breaking the string is the name of one of your post offices: it has an ampersand in the name, and the USPS didn't encode it, so the PHP XML decoder is throwing a fit. As it should. I need to come up with a filter to fix that.

The error in includes/classes/shipping.php is likely a direct result of the XML decode failing. I'd wait to see what happens after we fix that.

Regards

Jim

OK, try this module. I tested it with the zip code of the problem post office, and a Canada address, so I should be seeing the same result. It was throwing the same error with the unmodified module anyway, and now it's getting quotes, so I have hopes.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation Progress!! No errors in logs. Must give you kudos for a simple elegant fix too.

However, it's just grabbing rates for Priority Mail International® but nothing showing First-Class Package International Service?  Am I missing something in setup? 

Edited by opus_uno2001