• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

For those of you wondering about osC2.3 stores . . .

I have two stores that were originally set up with Jetta's module found at:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327 (for osC2.3)

I was able to successfully update them using the module found at:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8702 (for osC2.2)

The update involves replacing one file (includes/modules/shipping/usps.php) with the new version.

Be SURE to follow the instructions for upgrading as provided in the new package.

So far, everything seems to be working ok for me. Your mileage may vary.

Did you have this module installed and working previously? If not, you need to make the rest of the changes needed for the regular module before it will work.

The only other diagnostic involves counting to position 1755 in the XML string sent to USPS. That's tedious but often shows an obvious flaw in the request string.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, does this update fix international shipping for MVS? If so, it's not posting rates to my shipping calculator. I haven't conducted a test order but normally if it doesn't post to the shipping calculator it won't post to the checkout process, either. Thanks so much for your help, you've been awesome.

It should work, depending on how accurate the USPS documentation is. Based on past results, that's not very promising. Try the checkout with a full address -- sometimes the estimator's partial address isn't good enough.

If it still doesn't work, please give me an address to test. You can PM it if you don't want to post here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It should work, depending on how accurate the USPS documentation is. Based on past results, that's not very promising. Try the checkout with a full address -- sometimes the estimator's partial address isn't good enough.

If it still doesn't work, please give me an address to test. You can PM it if you don't want to post here.

Regards

Jim

Do I need to uninstall the module and then reinstall it for each vendor by the way? I've been just replacing the php file which seemed to work the last time you released a patch.

Thanks

Geoff

You did something wrong. The easiest way to find out what you did is find this line in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:

// mail( STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_OWNER, $mail_body );

and uncomment it, then go try again. You will get an email (or 4) that gives you the query and response. look through the response for error messages. If you can't figure it out, post the error here and I'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

Paypal is a pain to debug. Different versions of the Paypal modules do different things in different ways. The only thing I know to do is trace the value through the code and find where it's going wrong.

Regards

Jim

Ok now I have things worked out except for the fact that my free shipping module is calculating all possible shipping rates into the minimum amount needed for free shipping.

In other words, free shipping is set for $50. An order of $35 will still be eligible for free shipping if there is a USPS option of $7 and another for $10. How can I exclude the USPS rates from the free shipping total.

I hope this makes sense.

Your free shipping module needs to be using the Subtotal for the order. It sounds like it's using the Total instead. This may be a setting, or you may need to change the code.

Regards

Jim

The shipping time estimates are returned buried in the class name, and they need to be peeled out so we can recognize the class. I never got around to coding an option to put them back in. Sorry, but that's not likely to happen on this module.

Regards

Jim

It shouldn't be all that hard, but i just don't have the time right now. Look at the clean_services() method -- part of the array it returns is $response_array['Package'][$index]['Postage']['DeliveryDays']. You just need to display that value along with $response_array['Package'][$index]['Postage']['MailService'].

Regards

Jim

@@jim

USPS has a new shipping term "Parcel Select " it is like ground shipping (2 to 9 days). Not to be confised with "Standard". Is something you can add to this one or the one you are working on? It is a lot cheaper then priorty mail.