• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Standard worked - fist class lg evn and parcel showed up only broblem was the wight calulation changed.

mvs not wroking went to install in admin and received: Shipping pixel_trans.gifBack

1146 - Table 'ladybug02.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_value from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION where vendors_id = '1' and configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS_1'

[TEP STOP]

There was a bug in the original weight calculation. It was adding weight even when the tare weights were set to zero, so First Class would never be available. I modified the weight code so it returns the correct weights.

That's a pretty basic error for MVS. Have you completed the MVS install on that site?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim I'm on calls, will be back at my desk around 7pm est. I did a quick run this morning and that is what I sent you. I will do a few more. On the wight issue. On the old module I had to work out a method to get the wights right. If the new usps methode is working with the correct wight that is an easy fix on my end.

I didn't see any install instuctions with the mvs download. Might need to reattach the files and I will download again when I get in.

Thanks

The old version was adding extra weight to the normal store weight. Less than a pound, but enough to block First Class in most cases. I fixed that bug, so the weights should now be correct.

The MVS module is only for the people who have MVS installed. Ignore it if you don't.

Regards

Jim

I put the new osc USPS up. First Class is showing up. But there is a problem with the weight. When you go to check out it is only showing 1oz. I have tried to change it in the item side, even moved it to 3 lbs and it had no effect on the item in checkout. It stills shows 1oz and offers first class. The postage price is not changing eather.

Cancel that. Apparently the shipping weight being passed to the module is wrong. Working on that....

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Yes, I think this one fixed it. Finally. I am really tired of this module. Now to write something that doesn't get hosed by every USPS update.

Regards

Jim

Jim, just had an email from a friend that didn't see the new code on this page. I looked and can not find it. Can you please post it again so he can get the correct file? Big Thanks.

Also for those who need a weight conversion (actural versis what it shows in USPS checkout) This is my chart. It only is going up to 5lbs.

Edited by dculley

Hey! So everyone just ingored my simple question and moved on to their own topics. Please help!

I am posting this here because I saw more discussion about it here than anywhere else. :)

I want to set up the USPS Shipping Labels Add-on and don't know where to start.

There seems to be no documentation on which version to use, whether or not it still works, and how to install it.

"snapback.pngWESK, on 02 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Sounds like your looking for USPS auto fill....to generate labels from the order details page?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1498

That saves me hours a day!"

I was hoping some of you could lend some insight because I am not as pro as everyone on here.

thanks,

Brett

Edit:

Used this entire thread to get the USPS Shipping module to work correctly, and I've tested it quite a bit with perfect results.

Using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

Edited by KVA Brett

Testing Kymations latest...

domestic parcel and priority worked on trial purchase.

international package and priority to canada worked too.

thanks

had a customer in the uk that successfully purchased on the just previous version of Jim's .. so FYI on that.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

The code is available here. I'll upload this to the addons area once enough people have tested it.

Regards

Jim

Jim.. many many thanks.. this one fixed my own store.. my only question is why did you remove the ability to strip the shipping weight from the customer's view?

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

That is what's called a regression error. I forgot to add it to the final version, so that change got lost. I'll go put it back.

Thanks for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

I added the shipping weight display code back in. The code is available here. You will need to uninstall before uploading this file and reinstalling. please let me know if this fixes all of the bugs.

Regards

Jim

I have uploaded the full package with fixes to this Addon package, since it's the only one that is not locked. Please use this location from now on as it will contain the latest version.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim.

I downloaded and installed this earlier today.

At first it gave me an error Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php:23)

I deleted the blank lines after the closing php tag at catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php and now it seems to be working properly.

Thanks for the bug report. I didn't modify that file so I missed the blank lines.

Edit: Fixed and uploaded.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Fantastic job Jim.

Have run in to an XML issue. Have been using MVS for quite a while on a number of stores. Updated everything and am not getting any rates back but am getting this error message (from the uncommented email line at around line 428 in _getQuote:

Response:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error><Number>-2147219085</Number><Source>Rate_Respond.;SOLServerRates.RateV4_Respond</Source><Description>Invalid XML Element content is incomplete according to the DTD/Schema.

line= 0 pos= 1755</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

Any clues?

Many Thanks

Peter

Did you have this module installed and working previously? If not, you need to make the rest of the changes needed for the regular module before it will work.

The only other diagnostic involves counting to position 1755 in the XML string sent to USPS. That's tedious but often shows an obvious flaw in the request string.

Regards

Jim