• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

I followed the instructions and I get this error when I try to edit

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_multiinput_list() in /hsphere/local/home/shoppein/shoppeintheforest.com/admin/modules.php(217) : eval()'d code on line 1 $ShipmentRateDetail$ShipmentRateDetail

me too

Not sure what I am supposed to do with that post. It looks like I am running methods 6.1 something. My working version of USPS gives me two values and no names under USPS When trying to use the post mentioned in this thread, I get the error above. None of the code looks exactly like the post. Is there anywhere to get a clean USPS shipping module? Mine was working fine before this.

For those desperate for a work-around until all of these coding issues get resolved, here is what I did today:

I was selling $700-1,000 worth of merchandise per day, and sales came to a grinding halt yesterday with the new USPS changes. Desperate for some way to receive sales, I implemented "Zone Rate" shipping today. I first had to add 2 zones since my Zone Rate shipping module only had one zone (you do this in includes/modules/shipping/zone.php). There is text for the number of zones around line 111 that states "$this->num_zones = 1;" , change it from 1 to however many zones you need. I made 3 zones, one for the US, one for Canada, and one for the other major countries that I ship to (see instructions on the includes/modules/shipping/zones.php for the country codes). Then, in your Admin panel, you can enter a specific price for a variety of package weights for each zone. I figured prices based on Priority Mail, since that is the most common method my customers select. For the US, I used a Hawaiian zip code since that would be the most expensive (closer customers will pay more than they should, but it's better than losing sales completely). You can also add in a separate handling fee for each zone.

I am not well versed on php, etc., but this was easy enough for me to figure out and get sales going again. I am happy to answer any questions through this thread or if you message me.

@@krdito - I keep a working tables method set up and set to OFF just for this purpose:) so good thinking, that's how to get this right without losing too many sales.. I also added a note that the auto rate pulling is broke and if we can adjust the shipping we will do so.

@@Forestshopkeeper -- I think most of what everyone is working with here is the usps 5.2x versions.. I am trying to get the usps v6.1x to work with my osCmax v2.0.35 shop and a developer over there just sent me something to test... but given the amount of little changes and attempts to get this working at this point that has been made, I have to first do a serious compare of files so hang tight and I will report back.. what works for me on my osCmax should work for anyone on osC v2.2

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

@@blackopstoys

If you look back a bit in this thread, there was a link to an experimental version of the old USPS Methods that was at least partially working. I have a version of this addon that was designed for MVS that is currently being tested. Once I get that fully tested and working I'll backport it to this version.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

If anybody wants to try the preliminary version of the MVS module, it's available in this post. Please report any bugs in that thread.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

@@tomt & @@negativeexistence

you both said this worked for you:

can you both please detail which version of the USPS module you are working with and what version of osC you are working with?

I added those DEETH routines back to my own (usps methods v6.1x & osCmax 2.0.35) and it didn't work for me.

with those routines OUT, my username input ONLY - no other changes to the settings, I get:

United States Postal Service (1 pkg, 0.91 lbs total) United States Postal Service

-2147219487 Machinable value must be 'True' or 'False' for service type Standard Post and service type All.

I know I saw something about that error message earlier in one of these threads and can't find it now... anyone?????

Debbie D

@@wkdwich

I am running 2.3 with USPS restricted methods. I uploaded the new usps.php file, mentioned earlier in this thread & made the changes from post 18. It was working on both of my sites... was. Now one site works and the other spits this out at checkout_shipping.php

Warning: include(includes/modules/shipping/usps.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/negative/public_html/negativeexistence/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/shipping/usps.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/negative/public_html/negativeexistence/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37

Fatal error: Class 'usps' not found in /home/negative/public_html/negativeexistence/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 39

just reinstalled usps.php and the usps shipping module is working... it has killed my zone rates though. When I try to reinstall zone rates I get:

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/negative/public_html/negativeexistence/admin/modules.php on line 230

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/negative/public_html/negativeexistence/admin/modules.php on line 231

@@negativeexistence wow none of this makes sense.. if the files/changes are the same in both sites both running same osC v's there should be NOTHING different.. and in my mind usps should have zero effect on what the zone rates are doing.. something else is going on there, you are going to have to dig deeper I think

Debbie D

I have it showing rates with the 6.1c file but the names of the service like Priority do not show up on the checkout shipping page. Just the time in transit and price

Has anyone who is a better coder than I am read the info here:

https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/2013-july-webtools-release-notes.rtf

My osCmax friend says there is a difference in what we are using (usps methods 6.1x) as opposed to whats in the RTF

Using the usps utility that comes within the usps methods 6.1x version:

I'm checking the response from the Utility with respect to the description in that RTF
'Priority Mail International® Padded Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail International<sup>®</sup> Padded Flat Rate Envelope**',
Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;Padded Flat Rate Envelope**
I think this is where the issues is = these are different

Debbie D

I have it showing rates with the 6.1c file but the names of the service like Priority do not show up on the checkout shipping page. Just the time in transit and price

Can you share please?? I'm not getting anything!

Debbie D

I've just discovered that the official USPS documentation is lying. Should have expected this. Where it claims that it is returning (for example)

First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> Parcel

it is actually returning just

First-Class Mail

Of course it's returning the same string for all first class mail, so there's no easy way to select. I may have to rewrite part of this module just to make First Class work again. I think I'm going to go fix International first.

Regards

Jim

There used to be a means of reporting - sending an email when you aren't getting proper rate returns.. I cant find that in either the 6.1x or the 5.2.1x.. am I crazy?? if there was some sort of error reporting maybe we could all figure this out!

Debbie D

@@videod

OK this is making me nuts now.. I just figured out something here..

I am running USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7_1

the 2nd contrib on (USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 - FIX)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327

I am running this on a osCMax v2.0.35 installation, I have been running this with no issue since before the January 2013 update.. I did nothing Jan 2013 because (I assume due to my limited service choices) the module continued to function.

so right now I am back to the drawing board..

Debbie D

Here is my working copy of this module. You need to have this module (any version) already installed. Uninstall USPS in your admin, overwrite the existing module file with the one from the linked package, then reinstall in admin.

This is a work in process, so expect bugs. The current status is:

• Domestic First Class is broken due to the bug I posted above in the USPS API. There is a workaround in the module that allows you to select First Class and get quotes for First Class Parcel. This is a known problem and will be fixed.
  • The remainder of the Domestic quotes work as expected.
  • I have not yet tested International. One person has reported problems with it. Please test this and report your results.

If you want to see the request and response, find line 382 in the attached file:

// mail( STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_OWNER, $mail_body );

and uncomment it.

Please post your results here.

Regards

Jim