• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

The previous MVS release was based on USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2. I suggest that you start with the MVS release and make the current USPS changes to that. Anything else would be a lot more work.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Of course.. I knew I was supposed to know that :) I'd be curious to see yours when you get done with it, your version might be closer to mine than this other one.. [Jim - we were posting at the same time - yes that is exactly what I was going to do.. 1st do the last Jan 2013 update which I never did because everything was working, then will do a compare with this version once Matt or someone a little better @ coding than I am get's the latest changes in place.]

Edited by wkdwich

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Attached is our latest version of 5.2.1. We have changed the module to deal with domestic transit times. Where it was saying Priority 1 Day we have stripped the 1 Day from the service name and put in the transit option. It will only show if Display Transit is set.

We noted USPS is returning $0 for some Priority Mail Express International addresses. In particular for Canada where a space preceded the City name a $0 was returned. We have not made any modifications for this. Anyone modifying this or other modules might want to check the rate and hide the option if $0 is returned.

usps.php

So herein lies the confusion... the MVS version looks also like it has been adapted to osC v2.3 and above and contains this "usps utility" which I have never seen until 2 days ago. My version does not have that. so now I am so thoroughly confused as to what version of this module I should be using.. grrrrr

Debbie D

usps utility? What's that? All I have is a modified version of USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2.

osCommerce has not made any changes to the shipping modules for 2.3, so any of them should work with 2.2. I haven't tried this, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hell if I know Jim!

I am using a slightly older version than these 2..

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8403

USPS Rates ServerV4 (for osc2.2) fulluvscents 6 Apr 2012

USPS shipping module for oscommerce versions 2.2.

Provides options for all shipping methods, in addition to extra services. Very flexible module and fairly easy to install.

For osc2.3.1 shops, see the more feature rich contribution found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327"]http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327

-------------------------

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8702

USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - 01-27-13 Update a.forever 18 Feb 2013

Modified USPS shipping module for osCommerce version 2.2. Includes compatibility with 01/27/13 USPS updates.

Files included in this contribution were modified from the original contribution found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8403

Not tested for use on 2.3.

=========================

then there is this version -- the one that contains the USPS_methods_ultility.php:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487

USPS Methods 6.1c badlhby 1 Feb 2013

Included in this mod are only 2 files - usps.php (includes/modules/shipping) and USPS_methods_utility.php (admin). These have been updated to reflect the Jan 27, 2013 USPS changes

=============

then FlyingKites

"Attached is our latest version of 5.2.1"

which looks like it could belong to:

USPS Methods 5.2.1 - Bug Fix fulluvscents 28 Jan 2011

That version by fulluvscents is VERY different fromt he one I am using and I can not find any notations that it was a working version for osC v2.2x or osC v2.3x

see my problem here???

Debbie D

Just to clarify, the ozEworks version posted here is based on USPS Methods http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487 V5.2.1. It has the latest country list. As of this post, tt has been fully tested to ensure all parameters work: Display Weights, Display Transit, Display Insurance. It has been fully tested to make sure Signature Confirmation and Insurance work correctly. It has been fully tested to ensure Retail/Internet toggle works. All domestic and international services have been tested. It should work with Stamps.com.

In that respect it makes 5.2.2. redundant. None of our clients ever needed dimensional shipping so there has never been a business reason to use V6.

We use this version on 2.2 to 2.3.

We could post it as V5.3 in the Add Ons once we know for sure it is stable (Monday?) usps.php

Kym,

Thanks so much for the clarification.. Am I correct in thinking osC v2.2x and osC v2.3x - the file structures are different?? I know in the latest osCmax the file structure is absolutely changed..

It looks to me like I could move up to:

USPS Methods 5.2.1 - Bug Fix version, then add in USPS Methods 5.2.1 - int'l envelope options bringing me current..

The for this latest update catalog/modules/shipping/usps.php to the file you posted above:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/383307-usps-rate-v4-intl-rate-v2-official-support-thread/page__st__500#entry1676580

Am I thinking straight now???

Debbie D

@@wkdwich

I am about to load hopefully our final patch to our version. It works on 2.2, RC2a, 2.3. It is php V5.3 compatible.

I don't know what version you are running but our version works for all services including international envelopes.

There were quite a few changes hidden in the current upgrade. IT was not a simple name change like back in Jan.

We've upgraded our version to be php V5.3 compatible.

To recap, this is based on 5.2.1. It is current to 28 July 2013 changes. It works on 2.2, rc2a and 2.3. We've re-tested all options and services and believe they all work.

usps.php

Please note the server is still set to staging. Go to lines 821-823 to reset to production.

You need to upload the file to modules/shipping. You need to uninstall then reinstall in Admin. Don't forget to make note of your settings before you uninstall.

Please don't email me directly asking for help on this. This forum is the only place I can giving free help. Keep your questions here so everyone can benefit.

I have had your contribution working great on an oscommerce 2.3.3 site for some time now but recently had to restore the site from a backup due to a corrupted drive and now I cannot get it to work. I have checked all the files - all are the current 1.7. uninstalled and re-installed the module etc and cannot get it to show up when I go to checkout. I get the local pickup and per item but it never does the USPS options. Where else should I check, seems odd that copying a working version would suddenly have this issue.

Thanks.

Wiljen

Kym, because inquiring minds need to know.. why did you alter 5.2.1 and not work with the 6.x.x versions?? The 6.x.x versions have USPS_methods_utility.php and the modules/usps.php is oh so different than the 5.2.1 versions.. I am discussing this with a osCmax developer and we're trying to understand.. if you or anyone else knows I'd appreciate getting some light shed!

Debbie D

@ kymation If you read my original post you will see that I am posting here to provide feedback on the USPS changes in general. I am adding my code here as a reference to anyone who wants to see the name changes.

I'm just really confused by the whole thing. My domestic shipping is working fine. My international shipping is NOT working. I've changed the name in the "array" but that did nothing. I'm running USPS methods 5.1 I believe.

Here is my original array:

----

$this->intl_types = array(

'Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)**' => 'Global Express Guaranteed<sup>®</sup> (GXG)**',

'Express Mail International' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International',

'Priority Mail International' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International',

'USPS GXG Envelopes**' => 'USPS GXG<sup>™</sup> Envelopes**',

'Express Mail International Flat Rate Boxes' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Boxes',

'Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Legal Flat Rate Envelope',

'Express Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail<sup>®</sup> International Padded Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Medium Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Small Flat Rate Box**',

'Priority Mail International DVD Flat Rate priced box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International DVD Flat Rate priced box**',

'Priority Mail International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Video Flat Rate priced box**',

'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Flat Rate Envelope**',

'Priority Mail International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**',

'Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**',

'Priority Mail International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**',

'Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Small Flat Rate Envelope**',

'Priority Mail International Window Flat Rate Envelope**' => 'Priority Mail<sup>®</sup> International Window Flat Rate Envelope**',

'First-Class Package International Service**' => 'First-Class Package International Service<sup>™</sup>**',

'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Large Envelope**',

'First-Class Mail International Letter**' => 'First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Letter**'

);

-----

We've upgraded our version to be php V5.3 compatible.

To recap, this is based on 5.2.1. It is current to 28 July 2013 changes. It works on 2.2, rc2a and 2.3. We've re-tested all options and services and believe they all work.

usps.php

Please note the server is still set to staging. Go to lines 821-823 to reset to production.

You need to upload the file to modules/shipping. You need to uninstall then reinstall in Admin. Don't forget to make note of your settings before you uninstall.

Please don't email me directly asking for help on this. This forum is the only place I can giving free help. Keep your questions here so everyone can benefit.

This is working fine for me with the excepetion of Domestic Handling charges. They are not being added in for some reason.

@@jsteiger Hi and thanks for the attempt to fix this. I have installed the file you provided in catalog/includes/modules/shipping and end up with the following error when I try to edit the settings:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_multiinput_list() in /home/content/99/5463199/html/adminfolder/modules.php(241) : eval()'d code on line 1

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I forgot to mention I am running on a 2.3.3 shop

Edited by videod

@@kymation does this thread cover versions 5.2.x and 1.7? I just want to be sure I am in the right area.

There is another thread for contribution USPS Methods which covers version 5.2.1. Started by bad_lemming, Apr 18 2005 06:21 PM

Search Forum: USPS Methods and it comes up.

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

@@spiritalan Thanks Alan! Ok, so I am in the same boat as another user where USPS options don't show up anymore in checkout. Looking forward to updates! :D

I missed Kymation's comments earlier as well.. sorry about that.

Edited by videod

@@FlyingKites could you post your contribution in the USPS Methods thread. Let's move over there. I am hesitant to communicate in this thread because it is for another contribution. Nevertheless like others who have already posted, your contribution does not add in the domestic handling fee. I haven't tried it yet for International. Thanks for the work though.

Alan

Edited by spiritalan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box