• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

There's a maximum package weight setting in the same group as the zip code you just changed. Also check the Tare settings while you're in there.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@Weekend_warrior1999 Tare is the weight of the box/packing materials. osCommerce has settings for a minimum value and a percentage over that. If you set the percentage high enough it can bump your package weight over the maximum, which seems to be happening here.

How do I know this? Because I made the same mistakes. I just have 10 years worth of mistakes to draw on....

regards

Jim

I'm now trying to locate the line of code that displays (United States Postal Service 40 lbs, 0 oz) just above service selection.

Total weight in cart is supposed to be 80Lbs, this should still read that, but actually (80lbs / Max weight) = # of packages and actually display something like:

(United States Postal Service 80 lbs, 0 oz: Shipped in 2 separate packages)

I originally installed USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 version 1.7 last March. The strange outcome of my coding, is that while rating continues to work from USPS, something I did caused all of my admin module box to stop displaying entirely. If I so much as click on modules, I get a blank white page. I want to install the version 2 files for my 2.2 rc2 site, but the instructions say to first remove the USPS shipping module through admin. Can anyone help me figure out how to remove the shipping module without the convenience of having a working admin -> modules box?

Any help will be appreciated. I don't how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ron

The blank page is caused by an error. You need to turn on error reporting in your application_top.php, or look at your PHP error logs. You can usually ignore warnings, so concentrate on the fatal errors. Once you have those fixed, your admin should be usable.

Regards

Jim

Just thought I would toss this in. USPS is changing their rates on January 27th. Parcel Post is being changed to Standard Post. Won't this mess up our coding for oscommerce shipping modules? Is anyone working on this?

Shopgrl

from what I see - I can pretty much read code and follow it, but cant write it - we are using V4 rates not the V3.. so yes there is a change there.. its a wording change that is apparently sorta merging into a new "service".. there really is no telling how it will behave

Updated product and extra service prices

Prices are changing - that should not be an issue

o Parcel Post renamed Standard Post

§ When <Service>= "ALL" "ONLINE" or "PARCEL POST" WebTools ClientServiceID="4" (MailService="Parcel Post") will return as MailService="Standard Post"

§ New <Service> enumeration "STANDARD POST" will be available and return Standard Post single-piece postage and extra services pricing and availability

The way I see this is: Parcel post Requests will be returned as the new STANDARD POST

o Delivery Confirmation renamed USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation

§ When <Revision>="2" and <Service> is not "ALL" "ONLINE" "PLUS", WebTools SpecialService ServiceID="13" (ServiceName="Delivery Confirmation™") will return as ServiceName="USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation™"

I read this as basically the same thing - delivery confirmation requests will be returned with the new designation of Tracking/Delivery Confirmation

My personal theory is our current modules will continue to work as is.. I hope I am correct.

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Hi Jim,

Thanks for pointing me in a direction. I found the line causing the error and the error message.

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getAll() on a non-object in /home5/cascadec/public_html/test/admin/modules.php on line 17

Line 17 in the above referenced file is:

$modules = $cfgModules->getAll();

I noticed that the version that fullovscents put together for 2.2 shops doesn't include that line, and it is also very close to my original modules.php. I put back my original, and I now have admin->modules.

Thank you,

Ron

So, I've installed this wonderful module (got it working, too!) but now I have a strange error when trying to get to the payment processing. (We have PayPal Express module installed). When proceeding to the actual payment, I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'httpClient' not found in /home/imprint/public_html/storefront/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 288

The URL calling up this error is: http://precisionimprint.com/storefront/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php

Help?

Yeah, no luck with me on either, this one v4 doesn't even give rates -- in fact the section doesn't even show up even though the module is active. also, does anyone find the admin kinda buggy when you click edit, like words fill in where the numbers should be, somehow the tick boxes have pushed the data over one record or something across the board? the 6 version shows the sections, but then an error or something (i have uninstalled it yet again so I don't know the error, something about "missing value for service", even though our account has been set up and working for years.....if anyone feels like chiming in please do, this is making my hair hurt.

We are suddenly receiving the "missing value for service" error message. After using the USPS shipping for 9 years, it seems that whatever changes they are making to their site this weekend in anticipate of the new rates and service options on Monday have resulted in this error message. Anyone else having this issue with the upcoming January 2013 changes?

thanks, posting there as well...

my code in question:

function install()
 {
 tep_db_query("ALTER TABLE `configuration` CHANGE `configuration_value` `configuration_value` TEXT NOT NULL, CHANGE `set_function` `set_function` TEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL");
 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " SET configuration_value =  'true' where configuration_key = 'EMAIL_USE_HTML'");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable USPS Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer USPS shipping?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Enter the USPS User ID', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID', 'NONE', 'Enter the USPS USERID assigned to you.', '6', '0', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Methods (Domestic and International)',  'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES',  '0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00', '<b><u>Checkbox:</u></b> Select the services to be offered<br><b><u>Minimum Weight (lbs)</u></b>first input field<br><b><u>Maximum Weight (lbs):</u></b>second input field<br><br>USPS returns methods based on cart weights.  These settings will allow further control (particularly helpful for flat rate methods) but will not override USPS limits', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_usps_services(array(\'First-Class MailRM Large Envelope\', \'First-Class MailRM Parcel\', \'Media MailRM\', \'Parcel PostRM\', \'Priority MailRM\', \'Priority MailRM Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority MailRM Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority MailRM Padded Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Priority MailRM Small Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority MailRM Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority MailRM Large Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority MailRM Regional Rate Box A\', \'Priority MailRM Regional Rate Box B\', \'Priority MailRM Regional Rate Box C\', \'Express MailRM\', \'Express MailRM Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Express MailRM Legal Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Express MailRM Flat Rate Boxes\', \'First-Class MailRM International Large Envelope**\', \'First-Class Package International ServiceTM**\', \'Priority MailRM International\', \'Priority MailRM International Flat Rate Envelope**\', \'Priority MailRM International Small Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority MailRM International Medium Flat Rate Box\', \'Priority MailRM International Large Flat Rate Box\', \'Express MailRM International\', \'Express MailRM International Flat Rate Envelope\', \'Express MailRM International Flat Rate Boxes\', \'USPS GXGTM Envelopes**\', \'Global Express GuaranteedRM (GXG)**\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Extra Services (Domestic)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DMST_SERVICES', 'Certified MailRM, N, Insurance, N, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, N, Registered without Insurance, N, Registered MailTM, N, Collect on Delivery, N, Return Receipt for Merchandise, N, Return Receipt, N, Certificate of Mailing, N, Express Mail Insurance, N, Delivery ConfirmationTM, N, Signature ConfirmationTM, N', 'N: Not Availble<br>S: Forced (Show)<br>H: Forced (Hide)', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_usps_extraservices(array(\'Certified MailRM\', \'Insurance\', \'Adult Signature Restricted Delivery\', \'Registered without Insurance\', \'Registered MailTM\', \'Collect on Delivery\', \'Return Receipt for Merchandise\', \'Return Receipt\', \'Certificate of Mailing\', \'Express Mail Insurance\', \'Delivery ConfirmationTM\', \'Signature ConfirmationTM\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Extra Services (International)', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_INTL_SERVICES', 'Registered Mail, N, Insurance, N, Return Receipt, N, Restricted Delivery, N, Pick-Up, N, Certificate of Mailing, N', 'N: Not Availble<br>S: Forced (Show)<br>H: Forced (Hide)', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_usps_extraservices(array(\'Registered Mail\', \'Insurance\', \'Return Receipt\', \'Restricted Delivery\', \'Pick-Up\', \'Certificate of Mailing\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Retail pricing or Online pricing?', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_TYPE', 'Online', 'Rates will be returned ONLY for methods available in this pricing type.  Applies to prices <u>and</u> add on services', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Retail\', \'Online\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Rates Sort Order:', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_RATE_SORTER', 'Ascending', 'Ascending: Low to High<br>Descending: High to Low', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Ascending\', \'Descending\'), ', now())");
 tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Show International Regulations:', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_REGULATIONS', 'True', 'Displays international regulations and customs information.', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
 }
    function keys()

I have made the changes to this module, but I'd like to have some of you test it before I put it up in the Addons section. The code is here.

I have also modified the MVS version, and that code is posted in the MVS support thread (link below.) Comments on that code are also welcome. I've actually tested that one. Since they both use the same code base, the fixes to one can easily be ported to the other.

Regards

Jim

I have made the changes to this module, but I'd like to have some of you test it before I put it up in the Addons section. The code is here.

I have also modified the MVS version, and that code is posted in the MVS support thread (link below.) Comments on that code are also welcome. I've actually tested that one. Since they both use the same code base, the fixes to one can easily be ported to the other.

Regards

Jim

Jim, using usps for a 7 ounce package with settings normally offered in my shops, for domestic I got the 1st-Class Parcel and Priority, which were the only two options wanted.

All appeared to proecess using money order, paypal and google wallet options.

then testing an intternational account i got 1st-Class Int'l Lg. Env** and Priority Int'l

Missing was 1st-Class Int'l Parcel** that I had checked.

Taking a purchase through PayPal got me to the Paypal page successfully

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Ok, so if I've got the USPS module installed, and as far as I can tell it's working correctly (using Priority mail options) with PayPal Express set up for payment processing,...

Can anyone point me in the direction of where/why I keep getting the following error when continuing with the checkout/payment process?

Fatal error: Class 'httpClient' not found in /home/imprint/public_html/storefront/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 288

@@Judith.Precision httpClient has been a part of osCommerce since 2.2 MS1 at the least. This code in the usps module will include it and instantiate the class. Check that you have this code and it has not been modified (lines 222-227 in my copy):

if (!class_exists('httpClient')) {
    include('includes/classes/http_client.php');
  }

$http = new httpClient();

Regards

Jim