• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

Sigh, me too...found out last night about the issues from my customers and scrambled today, found this installed and having the same issues as @rwest & @lyonsperf.

No Rates For Me

Jetta, please don't go away, we need you today! I can let you into my shop if the either of the others hasn't gotten back to you, lmk. Thanks, the one thing I do get that they didn't (or mention) is an error when I try to edit the module, clicking the EDIT button yields the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/saveonsc/public_html/xxxadmin/modules.php(219) : eval()'d code on line 1

I know it's an apostrophe somewhere, but cannot seem to find the pesky rogue apostrophe. However, my data seems to have been saved as BEFORE I click EDIT I can see my entries, it's only during the EDIT that I see the error, but note though, the Shipping Options only ARE NOT listed in there (the check boxes and edits, thas is) the other stuff is in there, username, etc. I am not sure however, if it is somehow related in not showing the options both in here in admin during the EDIT or in the store.

Kepa

I have it running on my rc 2.2 shop. But I also have the MVS mod. I suggest downloading the MVS mod and then compare each file using winmerge or beyond compare to sort out the changes. Just ignore anything that has vendor in it.

Don'tcha just love the USPS? I called them last week and was assured the calculator on my site was the latest version--then was informed of it not working after midnight--by a customer.

From everything I've read, I first need to "remove" USPS from my Shipping Modules.

Then, via FTP, I need to copy the new "categories" php file over catalog > admin > includes > languages > English.

and also copy the new "categories" php file over catalog > admin

then copy the new USPS php file to: catalog > includes > modules > shipping

Assuming all of the above is correct so far, I need to "perform a small query" on the database. How do I get to the database to make changes to it? Do I FTP to it--or do I access it from my admin?

I apologize for asking questions that are obvious to the rest of you. I'm an old lady and am still learning.

Thank you, in advance, for any help any of you can offer me. I, too, am in a panic because USPS is my only shipping method.

Lisa

I read over all of the posts again--and discovered I had not downloaded the latest "full package," so I downloaded that. I still need to know how to get into the database, however.

Thank you again,

Lisa

Lisa on the your cPanel through your host account look for phpmyadmin. That tool is how you can access and work with your database. Of course you'll back up you database from your shop first before doing anything to the database.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

My sales have dropped in the last couple days and I finally realized why. USPS shipping is no longer working. I found out that USPS did away with the API. So... I installed the latest version of USPS Methods, I think it is contribution #487. It worked fine on both my sites. USPS info was back on the checkout_shipping page. When I did a test checkout it worked fine on my one website and on the other it did not show the shipping on the checkout_confirmation page but it shows fine on the checkout_shipping page. If I use UPS it works but USPS it does not show the shipping on the checkout_confirmation page. The site that it is not working on has CCGV contribution installed and I think it has something to do with that since my other site does not have CCGV and it works completley fine. Anyone have any ideas?

I am very novice at this and can follow directions but when it comes to trouble shooting I need help.

Thanks,

Joe

Thank you, Steve! :)

After I install "USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 - FIX," will I then need to install "ADD-ON USPS restrict Methods by Product?"

I have backed everything up--and I'm ready to take the plunge--just want to make sure I do everything in the proper order. :sweating:

Thanks again,

Lisa

will I then need to install "ADD-ON USPS restrict Methods by Product?"

That part is optional, but handy if you wish to restrict shipping methods. In my case I have some drop ship items, which my supplier charges a flat rate shipping. So with the restrict methods by product, I can disable first class parcel and priority mail, leaving the customer to only select the flat rate shipping option.

I've had several sales for these drop ship items and the restriction works nicely.

What I don't know is what will happen if a customer selects a drop ship item, then a second purchase in the same order that is not drop ship. If/when that comes up I'll deal with it then.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thank you again, Steve! I downloaded and installed Winmerge, but I have no idea how to use it--so I'm attempting to make changes to my files manually.

I'm currently modifying admin/modules.php. I'm having a heck of a time finding: $contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . $keys);

The closest string I've been able to locate is: $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $keys); Is that close enough?

I have STS in my store. Could that be why there is a difference?

Thanks again,

Lisa

I'm running v2.2 and was having the same problems as fuelinjet: the shipping selection page gave a blank screen. I backed out and installed USPS Methods (contribution #487, v6.1), and USPS shipping rates are now working again on my site. It was an easy installation.

Thanks for the many helpful tips!

Thank you again, Steve! I downloaded and installed Winmerge, but I have no idea how to use it--so I'm attempting to make changes to my files manually.

I'm currently modifying admin/modules.php. I'm having a heck of a time finding: $contents[] = array('text' => '<br />' . $keys);

The closest string I've been able to locate is: $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $keys); Is that close enough?

I have STS in my store. Could that be why there is a difference?

Thanks again,

Lisa

Lisa, the specific coding and/if how STS would impact this is out of my skill level to respond, but perhaps Jetta can help when she checks in again.

Yeah, no luck with me on either, this one v4 doesn't even give rates -- in fact the section doesn't even show up even though the module is active. also, does anyone find the admin kinda buggy when you click edit, like words fill in where the numbers should be, somehow the tick boxes have pushed the data over one record or something across the board? the 6 version shows the sections, but then an error or something (i have uninstalled it yet again so I don't know the error, something about "missing value for service", even though our account has been set up and working for years.....if anyone feels like chiming in please do, this is making my hair hurt.

For those running 2.2, I had some problems with a "fatal error" and was not getting USPS rates. I discovered that I had previously set my host to use PHP 4.X a couple of years ago. I changed that so it is now using the latest version of PHP (5.X). After that I had to make a small edit to admin/includes/classes/update.php (comment out the line "$this = null;" at or around line 31) and then everything worked.

I'm not sure if that's a solution for anyone else, but I thought I'd let y'all know.

And thanks to Jetta for pointing me to the PHP version as my problem.

I couldn't get this one to work for me so for the sake of helping others that are having difficultly, USPS Methods 6, while not as good looking as this one seems to be, at least works for me. I finally got it to work, Service error gone... (It seems because I didn't run the included the sql files as it isn't mentioned in the Install instructions and I forgot about seeing them in the root folder -- so take note of that too). It is better than nothing, pretty good actually and thankfully sales can happen normally again.

Edited by kepa

Kepa:

I use oscommerce as well. We recently had to upgrade our USPS shipping calculator to USPSmethods 6.1a and it does work but First class mail shipping does not work. Does First class mail work (I am in the US and use First Class mail domestic) on your installation? Is so, did you do anything special that you remember to get it to work?

Thank you for your time.

I couldn't get this one to work for me so for the sake of helping others that are having difficultly, USPS Methods 6, while not as good looking as this one seems to be, at least works for me. I finally got it to work, Service error gone... (It seems because I didn't run the included the sql files as it isn't mentioned in the Install instructions and I forgot about seeing them in the root folder -- so take note of that too). It is better than nothing, pretty good actually and thankfully sales can happen normally again.

Well, got the parse error to go away by editing the database configuration record, the apostrophe in the Int'l was breaking the code in admin, no change however on the site itself.

If you removed the apostrophe there, then you also need to remove it in the files.

And that may very well be the answer to the problem that @@jeffreyice1 is having as well.

@@lisapeden

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $keys); - that's the line

@@kepa

if you create a temp ftp account and admin account and PM me those details, I'll go in and debug this upload a separate contribution specific to the 2.2 shops.

Sorry everyone that I can't get here to answer questions more often. I do stay very busy, and I get on here whenever I get the free time for it.

Okay, I just installed on an oscMax site, which is basically a maxed out 2.2 shop, and didn't have any problems at all. Skipped the checkout_shipping parts, overwrote the usps.php files, and modified the two files in admin.

Problems are most likely to arise either from installation error, configuration error, from outdated php, or some other errors. But, the script works fine, even in 2.2 shops.

There is a debug code in here. It's the one commented line in the usps.php file. Just remove the comment and test the site and check your email for a response. I intentionally set it up so that if it threw an error, the error would not show on the PUBLIC checkout page. Errors shown on a checkout page are tacky, distasteful, and unprofessional. It's not the customer's responsibility to deal with script bugs. It's the webmaster's responsibility. So, if the screen is blank, it's possible that you ARE getting a response, but that the response is an error. Start with that line of code and see what USPS sends you, if anything.

Jetta, this is just some feedback for you re the options restrict methods. What made me mention this is the "radio button" issue you posted in simple checkout.

Anyway, I have one shop I added "restrict methods" to and have noticed the radio buttons don't stay selected. However the add on still works.

So for example:

Restrict USPS Shipping Methods

First-Class MailRM Parcel

Priority MailRM

Show unchecked, but in the database products>usps products restricted, the data shows correctly as:

First-Class MailRM Parcel, Priority MailRM,

So even if the buttons don't stay checked in the display it works. Yesterday a customer purchased a product I get drop shipped at the fixed rate, and the fixed rate was all that showed.

Again, just feed back.

i installed your mod, very cool. gave alot more options, hopefully i do it correctly....

1 issue i saw in the admin area was when i clicked on catalog and that expanded, i saw soem scroll bars around it instead of it being listed like regular. i have attached a screen shot. any ideas?

post-3414-0-70828300-1333673344_thumb.jpg

and what does

Retail pricing or Online pricing?

mean?

I believe that's buying postage at the PO vs buying postage at usps.com. it's cheaper on line.