Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MichelleDW

Help with Products Extra Fields contribution?

2 posts in this topic

I was recommended to install the Products Extra Fields contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2202

I downloaded the file "This module is a better module than another" and started to make the required changes (successfully from 1.1-1.5), but ran into a problem with 1.6, which says

In the file catalog/admin/categories.php

1.6 Look for (below "case 'update_product':"):

$languages = tep_get_languages();
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
    echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']])));
    echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])));
    echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));
  }

Add immediately below it:

// BOF Extra Fields Contribution
  if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['extra_field']) { // Check to see if there are any need to update extra fields.
    foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['extra_field'] as $key=>$val) {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('extra_field['.$key.']', stripslashes($val));
    }
  } // Check to see if there are any need to update extra fields.
// EOF Extra Fields Contribution

Problem is, I can't find the text in that file. I'm installing osC version 2.3.1

I decided to continue ahead with the other changes and ran into another problem. It says

in catalog\admin\includes\boxes\catalog.php

replace

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );

with

// BOF Product Extra Fields
	   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .
	   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS . '</a>');
// EOF Product Extra Fields 

The former doesn't exist in the file.