• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Trouble

Gary Tayman

Setting up shipping modules for this has been an absolute nightmare!

I posted another thread about UPS. For the time being I've given up on that, and just concentrated on the USPS Module. That one's not working either! If I sign on and buy something as a dummy customer, it tells me that USPS is not working and to call the administrator.

On the USPS setup, it asks for my USPS ID and password. For the USPS website, I use my name and a password. Is there another ID besides this? I've triple-checked spelling and spacing; it's all correct.

Since I've installed (and removed) a couple of third-party modules for UPS, might this have corrupted one of the OS-Commerce files to the point where USPS will not work? How can I test this?

Gary,

More than likely the problem resides with the 'dummy' account system you are using. If you are worrying about the UPS module being changed to the point that you can't use it, you could always upload the original files from the v2.3.1 download.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am having some usps problems too. Today, 1/22/2012, we started getting high rates for First Class. I tried installing USPS Methods 6.1 and that seemed buggy.

So do I have to install a new USPS module?

There is an issue with USPS when they changed their rates and system today. There are a couple of threads about the USPS Methods module that you can follow. Hopefully, the experts will show up soon and help us. :)

Hi. I am having some usps problems too. Today, 1/22/2012, we started getting high rates for First Class. I tried installing USPS Methods 6.1 and that seemed buggy.

So do I have to install a new USPS module?

I also tried the 6.1 contribution and it seemed to break more things for my store than it fixed (not slamming anyone.. it just didn't work for me). So I uninstalled it and installed 5.2.2. Then I collaborated with AlanCWade on the issue with 5.2.2 see the following post url

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/146950-contribution-usps-methods/page__st__1180__p__1619768__hl__usps%20methods__fromsearch__1#entry1619768