• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Save button on 2nd Computer

Debor

I am trying to help my husband on a second computer but when we come to edit on the 2nd computer there is no save button. Has anyone any idea what the problem could be. Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Hi Debbie, the information you provided would require guesses.

Are you trying to edit categories, products, images? Where are you doing this at? the admin section?? What operating system & browser are you using when it does work and what are you using when it doesn't?

I am trying to edit a product in the catalogue section. Both computers are windows 7 and identical in every way. When my husband does it on his computer the save button shows up on bottom right hand side of page but there is nothing on my computer page.

Debbie,

There is no reasonable explanation to that issue but I wouldn't suggest both of you editing the same product at the same time.

Chris

Hi Don, I have just noticed something else on the page in question, as you run down the item descriptions not only is the save or cancel button on thr right missing but 2 items on the left do not display either, product url and product weight input boxes. It seems that the whole bottom half of the page simply will not display on my computer.

Thank you

Hi Chris We are not editing the same items I am trying to help speed up the set up process by editing different items for him. Thanks Debbie

Is there a slider bar on the right of the screen?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Do you have javascript enabled on you computer?

I would also advise you to use Firefox or Chrome as your browser rather than any version of IE

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Thank you all for your help on this one.Xpajun, your idea of going in through firefox worked so we are cooking with gas now. Dont understand why it wont work on my internet explorer 7 when it does on my husbands buy hey ho at least we are up and running. Many thanks again to you all. Debbie

Glad it works

IE is very fickle as to whether it will work or not - always seems to be 10 years behind in it's updates and still can't handle css or java scripts properly

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

• 4 weeks later...

hi, I am having the same problem. I tried all three browsers latest mozilla, chrome and ie8 but none show the SAVE button for me when I go to edit any item in the catalog.

my javascript is enabled. anyone know what the problem here is'? thanks

Archived