• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone let me know what they think of these templates

midiman2525

Hi I,m looking to purchase a template for my new computer store.

I want something that is clean and easy to work with.

So far I have found the following.

1. cms.template-help.com/osc_32735/index.php

2. livedemo00.template-help.com/osc_36629/

3. www.templatemagician.co/osc/429/index.php

1 and 2 are listed as working with OSC 2.3. I don't know if number 3 works with OSC 2.3, but I have emailed them asking if it does.

What do you think?

What questions do I need to ask them before purchasing a template off them.

Thanks

Edited by Jan Zonjee

All three templates are from Template Monster, just being sold at reseller sites. The first template author is well known and uses standard osCommerce code. The second and third authors are unknown to me.

You should consider contacting some of the forum members that create templates. I am more than confident that the members here create templates that change as little 'core code' as possible.

Chris

I would ask what support is available. I would also like to know how much of the code is standard oscommerce incase you ever need to asdd more functions.

There is little to no support for TM templates

Chris

All three templates are from Template Monster, just being sold at reseller sites. The first template author is well known and uses standard osCommerce code. The second and third authors are unknown to me.

You should consider contacting some of the forum members that create templates. I am more than confident that the members here create templates that change as little 'core code' as possible.

Chris

Well known as in good?

I would like to get in contact with some quality template makers but where would I find them on here?

I,ve tried look at members sigs but not everyone advertises their wares.

Do we have any well know template makers on this board?

Thanks

Lee,

Well known, as in that template creator has been creating template for a long time and tries to maintain as much core code as possible.

Check members 'about me' tabs to see who offers templates and other services. Unfortunately, forum policies prevent members from posting links in open forum.

Chris

Lee,

Well known, as in that template creator has been creating template for a long time and tries to maintain as much core code as possible.

Check members 'about me' tabs to see who offers templates and other services. Unfortunately, forum policies prevent members from posting links in open forum.

Chris

Thanks

Lee,

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I might go for the first template design, I need to start working on something asap.

When I get a bit better with OSC I will start looking elsewhere to see what I can find.

I only hope I,m not making a mistake by purchasing a TM design. They are not cheap, but i,m hoping it will make my site look better.

Lee, Well known, as in that template creator has been creating template for a long time and tries to maintain as much core code as possible. Check members 'about me' tabs to see who offers templates and other services. Unfortunately, forum policies prevent members from posting links in open forum. Chris

I got a reply from TM.support what do you make of this.

The template 32735 is OsCommerce 2.3 template which means it's PHP based template set up to work with osCommerce shopping cart. Actually our osCommerce Template is a combination of osCommerce 2.3 (ready made on-line shop) provided by osCommerce.com and the original osCommerce design from our site.

huh.png

Lee,

It is a standard reply. It tells you nothing you didn't already know. However, kudos to TM for actually responding to a support request.

Chris

Yes.

I have emailed them back asking if the template comes with any documentation.

I would like to know if the code was commented. So that I change know where to find the changes.

Like if I want to chance cetrain text colours on the template. It would be nice to know where they made the changes so I don't have to go looking for everything.

They do have a helpful tutorial page with videos though.

Have a look.

info.template-help.com/oscommerce-template.html

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Lee,

I doubt the template is commented. I don't even comment my templates. However, most all cosmetic changes (except graphics) are controlled from the stylesheet.css file.

Chris

You could download a 2.3.1 from the osc site and compare it to the template to find the differences.

They should only be in these files

• stylesheet.css
  • index.php
  • product_info.php
  • includes/template_top.php
  • includes/header.php
  • includes/footer.php
  • includes/modules/product_listing.php

and the theme files.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

You could download a 2.3.1 from the osc site and compare it to the template to find the differences.

They should only be in these files

• stylesheet.css
  • index.php
  • product_info.php
  • includes/template_top.php
  • includes/header.php
  • includes/footer.php
  • includes/modules/product_listing.php

and the theme files.

Cheers

G

Thanks thats an idea.

Back in the days I used to use Windiff for checking differences in the coding of pages.

I need to find a program that can do something like that.

Maybe Dreamweaver has the ability.

Believe winmerge can do it.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hello and happy new year... you can download one of my templates, horizon2.3 from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8289

its free and will save you a lot of time.

Just like geoffreywalton mentioned it's in thouse files this template is changed, and a few more files for skinning, it dosn't go too deep in to the codes. Its also preeinstalled with my Mindsparx Admin module

Just contact me for a detailed changed files list so you can see exactly what has been changed if you need it.

/Janne

Edited by iankil

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and happy new year... you can download one of my templates, horizon2.3 from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8289

its free and will save you a lot of time.

Just like geoffreywalton mentioned it's in thouse files this template is changed, and a few more files for skinning, it dosn't go too deep in to the codes. Its also preeinstalled with my Mindsparx Admin module

Just contact me for a detailed changed files list so you can see exactly what has been changed if you need it.

/Janne

Hi, I have downloaded and installed this template but the categories and products do not line up correctly. Is there a forum for this template or can you provide direct help.

Thank you

Michael