• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Migration issue?

egliteaw

I am trying to migrate my data from a MS2 database into a fresh install of 2.3.1. I am able to move the data if I go table by table but it doesn't seem to be working properly after migrated.

An example is that I migrated my address_book and all customer tables but it isn't making the connection between the customer and the address.

When I go into the admin tool I can see all of my customers but I can't highlight them in the list. When I click on "edit" for the first record (which is the only one I can select) all of the customer data that should come from the address_book table is blank.

Is there a specific order that the data/tables have to be migrated in?

How did you attempt to migrate the database? Did you use an osC migration or update utility, or do it manually? If manually, did you modify the .sql file's tables to match the (slight) differences in 2.3.1's database schema? Did you empty out all the 2.3.1 tables that were being replaced by data from 2.2? The order that tables are brought in should not matter.

You could try usnig a tool to compare the dbs

Such as

http://www.mysqldiff.org/

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived