• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

any comments are welcome

nirvana

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping you would try an experiment with the code I uploaded for you ...

Change:

includes(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_next_previous.php');

To read:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_next_previous.php');

And change nothing in the products_next_previous.php file itself. Just load that into your /includes directory

Linda, sorry you have put so much time into working this one out! The penny has just dropped.

Like I said earlier, I just dropped your php code from the products_next_previous.php file into my product_info.php file. Instead of adding as an include. That's why I didn't know how to do the experiment you suggested.

So I realised what you meant and was about to put my html bits for next and prev (which are different to yours) into your file and do it the way you suggested, then change include to require etc etc

Then... I realised that in your file the html bit was AFTER the php bit and in my product_info.php the html bit was BEFORE the php bit. I changed it around and whaddya know, it works now!

Sorry! Thanks heaps for trying to help though. :)

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

Not a problem ... I just fooled with a few settings myself on testing this and everything seems happy on a clean toss into the /includes and add the one line.

Works like a charm.

Now, when I get some time ... to make it smarter ... 8)

Note: on your store ... since your shop is RED you could change a setting in the stylesheet.css to make it RED so there is no WHITE flash between clicks ...

BODY {

background: #2F4F4F;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

You may need another table or two in the header to not have the middle of the shop RED, but once done, no more WHITE flashes.

The extra tables can be found on a search for Center Shop

Just have to play with those colors/styles for them.

Example difference ... this shop is always a GREEN background with no WHITE flashes on the clicks.

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall

Hi

I've skimmed all 6 pages of this post, in case you were wondering.

I am using the MS1 release. What is the final state of the contribution, and which one is it?

Linda, I can see why you have the reputation you have.

K

K

When the going get's tough,

the tough get going.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. I've tried and tried to figure out, how to add this Prv/next feature. Can someone help with what to add where, what to modifie, and do I have to make a new SQL table?

Thx :)

Jes

By the way..... I have tried the following setup:

a) The file "products_next_previous.php" is copied into /includes

B) The statement "includes(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_next_previous.php');" is added to "product_info.php".

c) The language part has been added to the danish and english respectively

I all I got is this error message: " Call to undefined function: includes() in /usr/web/jys0677/TYVSTOP.DK/shop/product_info.php on line 16"

I'm using OSC 2.1_MS1, Opera Broswer, MySQL 3.23.49, FreeBSD 4.6.2, mysql 3.23.49.

Jes

just exerciseing a little with the setup I mangage to make it work 8)

a) Changed the "includes(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_next_previous.php');" (the line written in products_next_previous.php file to insert in product_info.php) to "include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'products_next_previous.php');"

B) Made two new buttons (saying next and previous) for each lanuguage, named button_next.gig and button_previous.gif. Put them into /catalog/includes/language/YOURLANGUAGE/images/buttons/.

....and voila :D (.... so simple :oops: )

/Jes

• 2 months later...

hello again Linda

were you able to save the products order in an array so that prev-next works correctly when coming from a search result or a different order sorting?

I also wanted to suggest that that you add a dropdown menu with the list of products in the order saved in that array... maybe something like this:

? < [menu] > ? (first, prev, list of products, next, last)

thank you for all your help :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've implemented Linda McGrath's efforts which she graciously provided. I would like to add one more element that I'm unable to get right. :blink: This is a button to return to the category or subcategory from which they they are currently in. I'm attempting to add:

<td align="center" class="main"> <a href="<? . . . this is the part that I can't seem to get right . . . ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_productList.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_LIST); ?> </a>

Example Page

Thanks everyone!

• 2 years later...

Nice use of stylesheet and nice little chatroom add-on but the FAQ needs looking at some of the links done work and the pages doesn't scroll down.

Overall very good colourful active site but the products are not my cup of tea!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived