• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I change the admin log in? Need urgent help!

amethystnz

I purchased a website last year, had a major catastrophie and never even logged into it until today.

Just after I got it some weird text appeared on the front page but it seemed like everything was still there, now I'm thinking it may have been hacked maybe??

The log in and password I was given don't work, am I able to change those details quickly as I have someone who wants to purchase it from me but I can't access the site.

HELP!!

Paula,

You can log into your hosting control panel and use phpmyadmin to truncate (empty), the administrators table. Then log into your admin area again and create a new username and password.

Beware of that 'weird text', it could have been a hack.

Chris

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

corner_left.gif BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif <p id="menu2">

pixel_trans.gifcorner_right_left.gif BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif Please Select ...PULL_DOWN_DEFAULTLittle Buttons pixel_trans.gifcorner_right_left.gif BOX_HEADING_SEARCH

This is the wierd txt. Am I allowed to post my website name here so someone can have a look?

I was hoping to fix this myself, but I'm not technically minded. I found the myphpadmin in cpanel, but there wasn't an option I could see to empty it.

So stressed right now!!

Paula,

You don't want to DELETE the admin table, you will need to truncate (empty) the administrators table.

Also, the TOPEDNEWS3 categories is from a known hack.

Chris

In your phpmyadmin, you should see all of your tables. Find the administrators table and click the (garbage can) Truncate or Empty (depending on your phpmyadmin version). To remove the current administrator information.

Once done, you can create a new admin username and password by going to your store admin area (www.yourdomain.com/admin).

Chris

Am I going to be able to save this do you think, or just start again? I don't want to start a new website because I'm not making anything on the sale to justify weeks of work on it, and I'd have to get my hubby to help because I've never started from scratch before he's always done the first bit. (and he is snowed under with work right now anyway), but the potential purchaser is relying on having a website she can self manage.

Paula,

Although this forum prohibits the discussion of paid services. It wouldn't be unrealistic to suggest that you will pay several hundred dollars to have a professional clean and secure your website. You can check members 'About me' pages for contact information as some members are for hire.

Chris

Archived