• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fixing Gap in Search Results (index.php/cPath/XXXX)

DaneJohnCobain

Hi all,

I've been lurking this site for a while as an unregistered member - it's been of great help and I've fixed a load of problems that I had by reading other people's posts! There's just one thing that's still bugging me and I was wondering if you'd be able to help me out.

My store is on my website at: www.danecobain.com/store

I'm happy with it for the most part, but I can't seem to shift this gap at the left hand side of search results. It also shows up when you browse by category and reach the bottom subcategory. I.E. - if you go to my store and in to books, then non-fiction.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate:

http://www.danecobain.com/images/Problem.png

I'm happy to provide code snippets etc if needed, although I haven't made many modifications to the original source code. If you need any more information then just ask me and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I've looked through the forums for advice on this but can't seem to find anybody else with the same problem - does anybody either know a fix or know which direction to point me in?

Thanks for your time,

Dane

Edited by DaneJohnCobain

You have only three columns turned on: Price, Product Name, and Buy now (in that order.) Each column takes up the same space. The price is right aligned and the name is left aligned, which bunches them together and leaves space on either side.

Changing the order to make the name first and the price second would just shift the space to the middle. You could add something, like the Image column, to help take up space. You could also add a column you don't use and replace the value with a non-breaking space.

Anyway, the code you want is in catalog/includes/product-listing.php. Note that this is also used for the product listings in categories, so check both.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.