• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

install osc 2.3.1 problem on connecting to database server

veego

Hi Everyone,

My osc 2.3.1 is install on my Windows xp with Appserv 2.6.

Before this installation, I was successful installed osc 2.3.1 on my Windows xp but with Appserv 2.4.1, and runs perfect (without Add-on). The reason to reinstall is because i found out that there are some dll file missing in PHP\ext, like php_openssl.dll, So I reinstall a new version Appserv 2.6

During installing the AppSERV 2.6, it only ask me to enter the root password for mysql server.

my problem happen at the database server step of the osc installation.

osc ask me to enter the following

Database server : localhost

Username:

Passeord:

Database name:

Then I type username as "root", password as what i enter during install the appserv 2.6. and Database name as "mysql". After clicking the "Continue" at bottom right corner. The osc start testing database connection. And come up with the following error.

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'mysql'

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

I m not sure what is wrong?!

I try reenter username as "admin" and not entering password and enter Datebase name as "mysql".

The result as following

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'mysql'

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

Previous install osc 2.3.1 at AppSERV 2.4.1 has no problem on this part. I can't figure out what is wrong.

Please please anyone Help.

Thank you.

DATABASE SERVER: usually an ip address or localhost

USERNAME: username you use to log in to PhpMyAdmin

PASSWORD: password you use to log in to PhpMyAdmin

DATABASE NAME: name of your empty database you created in PhpMyAdmin/MYSQL prior to running the osC installation script

Hi Bryce,

Sorry for the late reply,

Since i fixed it, I just remove the mysql root password before installing the osc2.3.1.

But this is not the solution, because It only happen in my AppServ 2.6. So I uninstall it and install with AppServ 2.5.9 with no problem.

But thanks.

Veego

Archived