• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Test project or Live store, please advise

mke

Hi All,

I have been playing around with osCommerce (it rocks!!) for a few weeks, testing it for an upcoming project I'm involved in.

To try it out, I made a fantasy Open source software shop.

I had so much fun setting this up (ok, and a few frustrations) that I kind of finished the test shop. When I found the domain name I made up for my test shop was actually still free ... I registered it and now I am considering 'opening' shop for real.

It's basically an sightly adapted out-of-the-box osCommerce setup, but I would still love to hear your comments:

http://www.opensoft.nl

I will definitely use osCommerce for the 'real' project, although that has a product database of 10 - 30 thousand records, which is slowing oscommerce down to a near halt when loading pages. Any performance tips with large databases are also welcome ;-)

Although you have displayed the osCommerce credits on your site you did not do this in compliance with the rules

(as stated in the Sticky Post in this channel) for posting it here.

Please change it to avoid us having to delete this thread.

Thank you,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Thanks.

I think the shop is indeed very 'out of the box'.

In all honesty there isn't much to comment on,

only thing I see is a different color. Like your CD images though.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Archived