• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to install add on to fix PayPal standard

So_Not_an_HTML_genius

Hi There,

I am using Os Commerce 2.2 MS2, PHP version 5.2.17

We are only offering our customers to pay through PayPal and already have a PayPal Business account. The problem is when customers do not have a PayPal account and do not hit the return button, their order is gone from my store.

I recently thought the add package called: paypal_standard_1.0 could help me. I want to keep the standard checkout. But, I cannot get past the first installation that says:

The file listing is as follows:

• ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

• includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

• includes/languages/espanol/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

• includes/languages/german/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

• includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

I don't have a clue on the first file listing the ext/modules...etc. I don't have a folder in my os commerce file database called ext

I guess this will really show how little I know but if someone can steer me into the right direction. I don't understand there the standard_ipn.php goes.

I could really use the help because right now I have people making payments and no order to go with it because they are not returning to the store.

HELP please!

Thanks,

Kelly

You can use this module:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655

Follow the instructions and upload add all needed files and directories to you site.

(or alternatively this add-on http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679 )

I did figure out what I was doing wrong - talk about complicating something that was fairly easy. All I had to do was ftp the folder and then each file. sigh BTW, I did use the first add on link that you gave me and I am so thankful for that module.

But here is another question, I have tested the site now and this is definitely fixing the issue. However, as a customer - I received confirmation of the order from PayPal but when I went back into my store my shopping cart still had the same item in it. As the store owner, I went into the order and there was an x next to updating customer. As the administrator I can send them an update - which is fine but again when the customer signs in to their account the item is still in their shopping cart.

Thanks,

Kelly