• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

localhost connect to router

veego

Hi everyone,

I m new in oscommerce, I try to install an osc 2.3.1 in my XP, I put all Catalog file into www folder then install, the installation is successful, After install is completed, then I did remove the install folder, change all configure.php to read only all that stuff. After that I successfully browser the online store from outside the internet to the on both calalog and admin tool. like http://www.xxxxstore.com/index.php. Works prefect.

But my problem is, I can't get into the online store and Admin page by LAN PC successfully. like localhost/index.php and localhost/admin/index.php. What will happen is It will pop up the router login and password box, after i type root and password. The osc loaded but no image at all, and is not in a correct format. text only.

I read almost all articles from internet and one page describe my problem as may be I turn on something call like a remote access function in router. But I don't think so. coz i check my router setting, there is a admin page and inside there is a access page with is used to set the remote access, but it is disable.

I please anyone who know what happen.

I can not maintain the store if i can not browser it locally. My office only have one internet line.

My info as follow

Router: Buffalo WHR-G300N

osCommerce install info

Database Server : localhost

username:admin

password:

datebase Name : mysql

www address : http://www.veegostore.com/

webserver root directory : c:/appserv/www/

Is the above info cause my problem?! Or something do with my router.

Please please help.

Thanks

You probably need to add an entry into your windows HOSTS file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1	   veegostore.com
127.0.0.1	   www.veegostore.com

That way your browser will look to your locally installed webserver for that domain name.

What webserver are you using?

- Stop Oscommerce hacks dead in their tracks with osC_Sec (see discussion here)
- Another discussion about infected files ::here::
- A discussion on file permissions ::here::
- Site hacked? Should you upgrade or not, some thoughts ::here::
- Fix the admin login bypass exploit here
- Pareto Security: New security addon I am developing, a remake of osC_Sec in PHP 5 with a number of fixes
- BTC:1LHiMXedmtyq4wcYLedk9i9gkk8A8Hk7qX

Archived