• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping for multiple products in different categories

SOF-USA

Hello all. Hoping that I can get some input here.

My online store is currently using version 2.3.1 of Oscommerce. I'm trying to find a way to offer free shipping on certain products. These products span across multiple different categories, so the add on I've found to handle it per category will not work for me. As icing on the cake, I'm also curious to know if there is a way to disable the USPS methods shipping option on said products that I want to offer free shipping on.

I've googled and searched the forums, and have found several different posts/topics/threads with other people trying to do this same thing, but none of them actually had an answer.

Is this possible? I appreciate any and all responses, as I'm currently thinking it's not possible.

Thanks in advance

Mat

hi Mat, well basically anything can be coded into shipping modules ... they are highly flexible. There are many different ways to do it and the fact that there is no downloadable add on for you does not mean it cannot be done to match your needs.

Your description is a bit unclear though, you'd have to think through the system for all possible cart contents (mixed, only free stuff, only reg shipping ...) and then decide on a scenario for each of those. When you have accomplished that (without any loopholes), a new system and and a coding concept can be created ... and as always, even then, there are many ways of solving the issue.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...