• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help

I am kinda new to oscommerce I have A computer store with oscommerce and I am not sure if it is user friendly. I receive alot of visitors but no sales. I am trying to see if anyone can help me out and tell me if I am doing something wrong or if I need to do something different. Is there also a way to change my categories box so I will look like something that the best buy website has. Sorry if my questions are dumb like i said I am new to this. My store site is http://www.techsonhandstore.com

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Few things I noticed and this not meant to be mean, rather constructive.

• Several of your products have no images.
  • Your product_listing it is very difficult to see prices example /index.php?cPath=28_112
  • The black page body clashes with your images that are there, I'd suggest giving them a border or changing the body color.
  • The black page body clashes with the blue text color, there isn't enough contrast between the 2 colors making it difficult to read.
  • Your Store Logo is pretty plain
  • Your descriptions, and Privacy, Shipping & returns could be formated better with HTML to make it look like a page instead of a wall of text.

All that said, you're in a VERY highly competitive market. Amazon, BestBuy, NewEgg, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Fry's, etc.. are always going to tough to compete with so you need to make sure your SEO is as good as possible, and you're able to offer something the big guys aren't.

SEO

You should look at adding Ultimate SEO Urls & Header Tags SEO as your pages don't seem unique and lack both unique Title & Description Tags

You should make sure your text is unique, I know you have a ton of products and if you're descriptions are identical to other websites you'll get dinged for duplicate content.

That is what I noticed in just a few moments on your site, I hope that helps you understand what at least I felt when visiting.

Thanks I do I header tags seo installed I tried to install that stuff in the admin header tags but I doesn't seem to work I will change that other stuff you talked about but my only question is about the product listing can you tell me where I can fox that at I didn't even know that was like that.

Archived