• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Insurance option?

forummaker

I have been using the Add-On ~ Shipping Insurance 1.0 for almost two years with my OSC 2.2 store.

Works Great!

LINK TO ADDON: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1069

- Quick story - I added this option/addon after a customers order was damaged in shipping.

After this... I thought it would be a good idea to give the customer the option to add shipping insurance.

That way... they can't say they would have taken the insurance if it was available.

I have recently created a new store using OSC 2.3

Would anyone like to take a stab at making this add-on work with 2.3?

I have to say that I'm very surprised that shipping insurance isn't talked about more....

Thanks for any help or suggestions from the group:)

That "Can" you're about to open... has worms!

Don't say I didn't worn ya.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

We are looking for this exact module as well for OsC 2.3. I am surprised and saddened that no one has responded. Doesn't anyone else offer the option of shipping insurance?

This module seems to work fine for osC 2.3.3.4. Slight structural changes to code, but functional.

Edited by a.forever

This module seems to work fine for osC 2.3.3.4. Slight structural changes to code, but functional.

Upload the amended module listing the minor code changes to the addon area so others may benefit.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Still working on constructing a proper full package with updated install instructions. I think I could also mod it so that international insurance rates could be calculated using increments instead of a multiplier. Will tackle that in the morning.