• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

developing Ms Access Back End for Oscommerce?

GemRock

someone claims to be developing Ms Access Back End for Oscommerce. i am curious. i had been using ms Access since version 2 and i know for sure Access is NOT developed for use in a public facing website let alone web shops. maybe you have a mate who is one of the Access developers and manage to smuggle a sepcially compiled version with the connection threshold/throttle removed, or you would be the only user/customer, or you have a means to cut off people when the connections reach, say, 10, otherwise it wont work. period. if it does, M$ wont be able to sell its SQL Server. M$ is not stupid.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I developed my first access database in 1993, even did an RS232 interface in it to process stock exchange data for the Prague stock exchange, just to say, a whole lot is possible, but ideal is another situation.

However the backend you hint at, could well be that msaccess is used for it"s GUI forms with database tables attached to the remote ODBC connected mysql

and ease of automation / reporting capabilities.

I personally have used an msaccess database like that to prototype a truely scalable client server invironment against a sybase backend.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Dear All,

First of All, I am sorry for my flip word "Back End" I supposed to use " Ms Access Admin Module", I changed it

You are right Mr Cairn,

I am using Ms Access GUI interface , and using ODBC over SSH to connect mysql db hosted on webserver, Least of the hosting providers are allowing to connect MySQL remotely,

anyway development is at beginning stage suggestions and opinions are welcome

Archived