• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Separate Proce Per Customer... MS1 Compatible?

loxly

Does anyone have this working on an MS1 site? I am interested in installing it, but don't want to invest the time just to find out it needs to be updated to MS1 first :!:

I'm not lazy, just practical :idea:

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I can tell you right now that it was not written for anything close to MS1. I wrote it for and August 2002 snapshot I think. I'm surprised that it has worked for people past the new November checkout procedure. :shock: My employer has fallen on pretty hard times so they don't have me keep our site or the code updated anymore. I've have to keep turning away people that ask me questions because I just don't know the new OSC code enough to be able to support it. Maybe someone else has worked it to integrate with MS1, but I just haven't been able to do it. Sorry. :(

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

OK, so who has it working on post November snapshots? Are the changes to MS1 changes that would affect the separate prices contribution? Or are the changes to areas that have remained constant?

I guess what I am asking is that if it works with the new checkout, what else should be taken into consideration before trying to use it with ms!?

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

• 3 weeks later...

I have just started working on a site using 2.2MS1 and I needed to use the Seperate Pricing Per Cust. So, far after modifing the code with the info from the contribution I have not had any problems and the seperate pricing is working great.

Chris

doh  :oops:  

thanks for the whack to the side of the side to wake me up  :wink:

Good Morning Jeff!

Do you need more coffee?

I have it working on a couple of MS1 sites. You just ahve to look out for listing_values in the code. ie. $listing_values['products_id'] needs to be $listing['products_id']

Other than that, it works great.

Unexpect the Expected

Rather than start a new topic I am just furthering the question in this one.

Does this mod require that you specify a new price for every product within a group or can you simply specify a percentage for products within a group?

Thanks

Rick

All that is not eternal is eternally useless.

This contribution seems like it requires a lot of overhead, since seperate pricing has to be put into the DB for each customer group for each product. If you have 200 products and 5 groups thats 1000 db price entries, right? Or am I looking at this wrong? Does anyone make a flat percentage-based discount system based on the user's login?

Eric Price

IR Waterjet

I have loaded the customer discount module which allows you to specify a percentage per customer and it works well except for I am still trying to find an answer as to why the tax shows incorrectly (it may be something I am doing wrong) It all adds up correctly with a slight change to one of the files.

It will work perfectly for what I want, which is to allow a retail, discount level 1 and discount level 2 to customers.

Rick

All that is not eternal is eternally useless.

I have it working on a MS1 site too. Like mentioned before it works fine if you take off the $listing_values['products_id'] needs to be $listing['products_id'] etc....

However, The tax price for the customer specific product does not display in the product_info.php and the confirmation page.

Just a heads-up!

• 1 month later...

I've got Seperate Pricing v3.3 working with snapshot available 20th May 2003.

Everything works fine for me except

1. When I browse as a user the contirbution looks for table_products_groups and when I browse as an admin the contribution looks for products_groups

2. Updating the status doesnt work (I've used the last patch but it didn't set it too 1)

Hello,

I have installed the mod seperate pricing 3.3 yesterday and i have corrected the little bugs, as shown in the forum, but since these installation i have problems with the product images.

For some products i use the same image (e.g. the image: no image available) and now when i add a new product with such an image, which is already in use, i loose the image at the new and the old product. I found the image in the images-folder, but with zero kilobytes.

Does anybody know how to correct this bug?

Thanks

Rainer

John,

The reference to table_products_groups needs to be "defined" in your application_top.php file in the /catalog directory like so;

// define the database table used in Seperate Price Mod

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS', 'products_groups');

Good Luck...

Obewanz

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

disciple1 got me to thinking...

I have just installed Seperate Pricing v3.3 and its finally functional on a CVS 5/11/2003 - MS2 snapshot. I had to make some modifications to the code because I found it conflicted in osCAdmin with another contribution I have installed, Linda's Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1. (It was $attributes. I had to rename it to $cust_attributes).

:?: Now, depending on the number of products you have, adding seperate pricing to each of the products in the store could end up being a time consuming task... Not to mention, if you accidently skip over a product and don't input a Group Price, it shows up as $0.00! Thats not good either.

One of the other nifty contributions I have installed is Quick Price Updates v2.3b, which basically displays a list of products with most of the configurable values for each product, as well as the ability to turn on or off each configurable item on the Quick Price Updates page. But the most important item it displays is the PRODUCT PRICE! :wink: )

:idea: So here's what I'm thinking... with some modification to the Quick Price Updates page, I should be able to get the the Quick Updates page to also display the Customer Group Price in a new column... as well as have the ability to turn on and off the display of this column. That should easily speed up the task of adding pricing to each product.

In addition, the Quick Price Updates contribution also has the ability to increase or decrease the prices of ALL OF THE PRODUCTS AT ONCE, either by a specific amount, or by With some further modification, I should be able to add a dropdown selection to choose which Groups Pricing should be systematically updated.

Sound cool? The combination of the two contributions, Seperate Pricing per Customer and Quick Price Updates, makes for a good marraige. And with the additional modifications that I am going to make it will make having multiple product pricing per customer very easy.

What do ya think??? Let me know.

-R

FYI...

I'm definitely making progress...

So far, I have successfully...

• 1. Added a new column on the Quick Price Updates page that displays the current Group Price.

2. Added the control to turn on and off the display Group Price column on the Quick Price Updates page.

3. Successfully tested updating of the normal Products Price and Group Price.

Next, I am going to work on the the systematic update of all Group Prices by either a set amount or by percentage. This means having to create a dropdown box that defines which Pricing structure you intend to update.

I also noticed another cool feature to the Quick Price updates contribution... You can also update pricing for Products by specific Category or by Manufacturer! :wink:

-R

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would also be interested in the code for the seperate priceing and price update marriage that you have been working on.

Would it work for the 2.2 MS2 version?

Any help or suggestions on how to get this going will be great!!!

Angie