• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

File attributes are wrong in admin backend

lrak64

Hi i have used 2 programs to change the file attributes as recommended by admin backend attributes security page , after i have changed them they do not change on the admin page ?

Is there something i need to do to make sure my security is ok ?

Thanks guys/ladies love Oscommerce

If you are taking about setting file permissions you might need to use the file manager hat comes with your hosting package.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Many servers are now configured to ignore permission change requests from FTP clients. No error is reported... they just don't change the file or folder permissions. You need to use your hosting control panel's file manager to successfully change permissions. Be aware that there are sometimes quirks in their behavior. For example, cPanel has a 3 x 3 matrix of checkboxes for user/owner, group, and other/world; by read, write, and execute. You can't just overwrite the permission numbers down at the bottom of the panel -- that will be ignored. You have to check/uncheck the boxes.

Archived