• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

/image folder, too much images inside...how to solve?

dreamwalker

Fabrizio,

I have clients with 50,000 products with images for each and there is no problem accessing the directory. You may be restricted by your internet connection speed, website hosting connection limits and/or webspace restrictions.

Chris

Fabrizio,

No, I wouldn't think webspace would be a problem then. Perhaps try using a different FTP client ? I am just guessing about the problem you're having as I have never had an issue like the one you are incurring.

Chris

my host is www.aruba.it, I contacted them, and they told that is a windows problem, that can't handle more than 3 or 4.000 files in the same folder. They say that placing so many files in the same folder could create hardware problems too......I don't know if this is real or not......but I found these:

http://ask-leo.com/is_there_a_limit_to_what_a_single_folder_or_directory_can_hold.html

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/limits-windows.html

i have no limit in space, if i create 200 folder inside image folder, each one with 1.500 images it works properly, the problem is if i put all images in the same folder..... so i don't think is webspace.....or not?

Obviously in this, the problem is that oscommerce read the images from /image directory, but not from the subdirectory, and i think that if modified, it would need a lot of time to search the images from many folders....

There are a few add-ons which will allow you to add images into sub-folders

Its for several optional image mods with sub-folder possibilities...so you can take your pick of the one you want to use based on the descriptions of functionality added by the authors.

Probably you can't help me, but I try: I have this errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxx' (using password: YES) in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/indicizza/fmenu.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/indicizza/fmenu.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.it/home/indicizza/fmenu.php on line 19

Could not connect to DB

the lines 01/19 are these:

<?php

class DB {

var $ident;

// var $sql = array('host'=>DB_SERVER,'user'=>DB_SERVER_USERNAME,'pass'=>DB_SERVER_PASSWORD,'db'=>DB_DATABASE);

//$DB->set($dbconfig['db_server'], $dbconfig['db_username'],$dbconfig['db_password'], $dbconfig['db_name']);

function set ($host, $user, $pass, $db){

$this->sql['db'] = $db;

$this->sql['host'] = $host;

$this->sql['user'] = $user;

$this->sql['pass'] = $pass;

}

function connect (){

// Si connette a MySQL

$this->ident = mysql_connect($this->sql['host'], $this->sql['user'], $this->sql['pass']);

What can be the problem?