• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

modify customer and order numbers

eulamae

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you are referring to being broken or how to change the current order number ...

Fixing Broken Orders:

If you cannot see any orders after adding them ... check via phpMyAdmin and see if your orders_status table is empty or if it has Pending, Processing and Delivered. There should be a set for each language.

How to Change Current Order Number:

To be safe ...

Go shop at your store and checkout ...

Go into phpMyAdmin ...

Go to your MySQL table ...

On all tables that start with orders (except orders_status) edit the orders_id to the new number you want it to be.

Hey there, Linda -

Sorry for not being more clear. Yes, it's assigning numbers to the orders but the only place I physically see the number is in a VERY small [x] format on the right when checking orders. I was very surprised not to see it more prominent. And to top that, when an order is viewed, I don't see the order number anywhere on the screen. Am I missing it?

As for the customer number, I don't see that anywhere at all?

Should these be present on the screen in the admin areas?

Thanks!

-shaun

• 1 month later...

Hi Linda

thank you for the idea to change the order number ,

i would like to make the order numbers start with letters like RQ as an example , do i need to change the order _id from int to var and keep it increament ?

Pls let me know if i am on the right track or if it require a different solution

Thanks

I>O

Hey there, Linda -

Sorry for not being more clear.  Yes, it's assigning numbers to the orders but the only place I physically see the number is in a VERY small [x] format on the right when checking orders.  I was very surprised not to see it more prominent.  And to top that, when an order is viewed, I don't see the order number anywhere on the screen.  Am I missing it?

As for the customer number, I don't see that anywhere at all?

Should these be present on the screen in the admin areas?

I agree with you shaun. I have the order id showing on the list as well as inside the order, invoice and packing slip.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if there is a way of creating a random number that can be used as a unique reference number for bank deposits? This should also be linked to the order number to speedup picking and delivery?

I hope this makes sense.

• 1 year later...
Place an order then edit via phpMyAdmin all the orders tables and change the value of orders_id to the one you want to use.

Can you please explain more details on how to change the value of orders_id? I have my PhpAdmin screenshot attached. I really have no idea where I can change the values. Thank you very much!

php.gif

Edited by iecwillow